Author Topic: Can you tell if a bone is broken? Grace slammed her paw in the door.  (Read 4463 times)

lins_saving_grace

I hate that grace runs to the door to bark at people.   as always, she ran and barked.  only thing this time is that she popped the door open and it slammed on her foot.   she yelped and wiggled and couldn't move since it was stuck.   i had to hold her and force the door open, which must have hurt just as much.   she's walking fine, so i think it's ok.  she's licking it a little, but it seems ok.  no blood, no limp, not even a broken nail.  she lets me touch it, but she snarls at me.  I've squeezed it looking for spots that feel different than normal.  she snarls, but doesn't yelp or cry about it.
Can you tell if there's a broken bone?  She'd be limping, wouldn't she? 
No more leaving the door open.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2009, 06:23:31 am by Lin »

lins_saving_grace

We have an appointment for shots Wednesday evening.  I may just wait till then.  she's letting me touch it now and is leaving it alone.   
I'm not leaving the front door open anymore.  she head butts the screen and can pop it open with no problem.  If she were a poodle, i wouldn't worry so much.  but, she scares people and who knows what could happen if she actually got the door opened and got out.  Luckily, it doesn't like to stay open and swings shut pretty good when I go outside.  she's so determined and stubborn.