Author Topic: Giant Dog Crates for Air Travel  (Read 38403 times)

Offline London_Pyr_Lover

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
Giant Dog Crates for Air Travel
« on: June 02, 2009, 12:49:01 pm »
My Best friend is having a baby in Victoria BC, and I'm thinking of flying out there for a month to see her and to help out.  I also don't want to leave Naja for a whole month, so I'm thinking of bringing her with me!  Problem is, I don't have one of those giant special crates for her.  So does anyone who lives within a 2 or 3 hour drive of me have one I  can borrow for a month?? Or know where I can maybe rent one, or buy one fairly cheaply??

Thanks in advance guys!  :D
My Sponsership page for my very first race!

Offline London_Pyr_Lover

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Giant Dog Crates for Air Travel
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2009, 01:18:34 pm »
Pretty sure her wire crate is a 48 incher.  That is a lovely crate, it has everything you'd need, and it looks and says that it meets all the airline regulations.  It's just a bit (like a whole lot) outta my price range though.  Maybe I'll check Kijiji...Do you still have the one you used for Atti?  If you do, maybe I could buy it from you.  ??? :)

Offline London_Pyr_Lover

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2009, 04:10:21 pm »
Hmmmm... There is (maybe was) a Petcetera here.  I'll have to see if they're still open.  I didn't know they were going under.  Thanks for the tip Liz.  :)  I'll check it out in the am.

Offline People Whisperer

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2009, 04:25:50 pm »
Alex, do you have Craigslist in Canada?
"To once own a Great Pyrenees is to love and want one always."
Mary W. Crane

I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it :)

Offline London_Pyr_Lover

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2009, 04:05:36 am »
We do, but it's not nearly as good as it is in the States.  We've got Kijiji.   ;)  I've been looking on there too, I'm gonna go call Petcetera right now though.  :)

Modified: Liz, you were right, Petcetera has a 42" that would be perfect for $148 including taxes!  Now I need to scrounge up the money!  lol
« Last Edit: June 03, 2009, 04:12:08 am by London_Pyr_Lover »

Offline London_Pyr_Lover

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2009, 03:02:03 am »
It's a great deal, and I'm going to go get one anyways, but I've decided it's not fair to Naja to bring her along.  Most of my time will be spent at the hospital for the first week, and then helping Crystal get used to being a new mommy for the next 2 weeks.  Crystal isn't overly comfortable with having my very large sometimes child aggressive dog there, and although I'm going to miss her terribly, the thought of flying her in the cargo hold of a plane terrifies me.  So my dad has offered to come out to my place and pick Naja up every few days and spend the day with her, and maybe even keep her for the occasional "sleep over" at Grampas place.  My mom loves her and I know she'll be in good hands while I'm gone.  Besides this is good practice in case I get accepted into the RCMP, I'll be gone for 6 months then before I can come home.  Also it means I can't just stay in BC (not that I'd be considering that anyways... ::) ;))

Offline London_Pyr_Lover

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2009, 10:32:23 am »
Thanks Liz!  I just called her, I'm going to call her again later this week when I go to Stoney Creek,  If she's still got it, then I'll go get it.  :) 

Offline London_Pyr_Lover

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2009, 05:55:56 am »
Tickets are now booked!  Anyone who wants to get together from the area can get a hold of me through Yahoo Groups or Facebook!  ;) ;D