Author Topic: BPO Members...an important announcement  (Read 66882 times)

bigdogs@5501

Re: BPO Members...an important announcement
« Reply #60 on: June 13, 2009, 06:54:09 am »
With 65000 hits a month on this site I am sure that the new owners will only benefit if I remain a member, so I am deleting my membership and will see all of my BPO friends on face book

Offline marinafb

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 13, 2009, 07:01:31 am »

Well to be be perfectly honest what do we have now? The mod really made the site and even the decisions they had to make really that is what held the site together. We all shared our stories and heartaches,pet injuries and pet passing over the the rainbow bridge.The support we have given each other won't be the same ever again. I am saddened by this day and still encourage everyone to stick together on another site! Marina
Freya-9 years collie shepard mix
Milo-6 years Pitt Bull
Bryce-3 years English Mastiff
Mab and Angus cool cats

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 13, 2009, 08:36:33 am »
Holly, Jenn, Tamara, & Tina -

What can I say to 4 awesome ladies that I want so badly to make things better for?  I got nothing.  All I can say is thanks for all your time, energy, and help.

Holly - Thanks for all the pics and funny stories of your crew.  The stories of Demon kitty were priceless.  :D

Jenn - Thanks so much for helping me find my wall.  ;)

Tamara - Thanks for chatting with me about alien babies and biopsies.  :-*

Tina - Thank you for making me laugh with all the stories of Jack@ss.

Love you all and if you need anything please let me know.  I would love to keep in touch.  I will still like even though you aren't Mods (I am no suck up!)  ;D
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience

lorim2

« Reply #63 on: June 13, 2009, 09:50:45 am »
Jaimie or Nipa...If either one of you would care to explain this excerpt from nancyrichards. org maybe I could feel a little more comfortable about staying around.  I will wait for the explanation. Thanks

As their traffic on trainpetdog.co m is going down, the Roy pair in a recent move purchased bigpawsonly.co m

This site has dogbreed-specific forums and 65.000 visitors per month. The new owners say that they won't make any changes to the site, they will only add some advertisements and leave the rest of the site alone. In the meantime they have already been removing forum posts that are questioning or critical of the changes taking place.

The Roy's discovered that there is a huge market for dogbreed specific information. We suspect that the site will just become a tool for marketing their pet imperium. The reason they may have purchased this site is that it actually has the breed specific forums that they are scamming about on trainpetdog.co m.

Users of the site, a tight community of dog lovers, wonder why the new owners admittedly don't even have a dog of their own.

But whether they have a dog or not, the fact that business owners conduct legitimate businesses doesn't justify that they are spamming and scamming at the same time!!

It is unknown for what amount the Roy's purchased the site.

Actually I would like Michael or Jaimie to reply to this. I feel like you guys had to know all about the bad publicity surrounding these ppl so something had to make you guys feel ok about the deal?  If not then it was obviously just a money decision. 
« Last Edit: June 13, 2009, 10:00:09 am by lorim2 »

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #64 on: June 13, 2009, 11:49:33 am »
This is disheartening and sad.

To the mods: I cant thank each of you enough for everything you've done these past years. You all moderated the board fairly, selflessly, compassionatel y, honestly, considerately and with the utmost integrity. You have given so much of yourselves and I am grateful for each and every one of you. Without you mods, this place would have crumbled long ago. BPO is the only board I have ever belonged and due to the examples you ladies set, I am parting because it is the right thing to do. You all unknowing taught this old dog about respect and how to treat others with common courtesy and civility. I cant be part of the untruths which now exist.

To fellow members: I wish you and your pups all the very best. We have been through so much together these past four years - lots of laughs and many tears. Much love to you all.

To owners, past and present: I have nothing for you. Your actions speak for themselves - loud and clear... and in some cases, lack of actions:

On the opening page of Big Paws Only (better look fast before it is deleted like the other factual information posted)

"New at Big Paws
2006 Big Paws' Calendar"

The writing is on the wall.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2009, 01:04:11 pm by EllieAndBlu »

Offline Funny Farm

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 13, 2009, 01:35:36 pm »
::bows down::

I always knew, in my GUTS that you women had it in you to stand up for yourselves.  I can't applaud you enough.  This honestly gives me hope for the human race. 

::applauding all the mods for taking a stand::

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 13, 2009, 02:26:00 pm »
Since joining many years ago, I have shared a large peiece of myself with the members here at BPO. I have not had time to be very active lately, but as a moderator, I have done my best to help BPO and, like my fellow moderators, have always had the members' best interest at heart. I no longer believe the same can be said for the ownership (past and present). I agree with everything that Kooky so elegantly wrote, and I am saddened and disturbed by what I see as the puppy-mill-ification of BPO. So it is with a heavy heart that I say I no longer wish to be a moderator.
RIP former BPO

angelsmama

« Reply #67 on: June 13, 2009, 03:00:09 pm »
Droophoria would like to know if he can be mod , so he can quit too  :D That'll show Nipa he said :D...

BTW, all you that have not yet, JOIN FACEBOOK!!! Everyone is there..
« Last Edit: June 13, 2009, 03:02:32 pm by angelsmama »

Offline Butts Mom

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 13, 2009, 03:06:39 pm »
Thank you all for you have done over the years, you were all a great help when I first brought Butt home. I have not been active much lately, but did keep up by reading regularly. It is so very sad that things have come to this. Take care of yourself and all your pups and maybe I'll catch up with you some where else.
Michelle, Butt, Tub and Everybirdie

Offline PyrPack

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 13, 2009, 05:18:06 pm »
Did you join the group?  I'd invite you to be a Friend so you could find the group, but there are about 10 general profiles with your name.

Diana, Achilles & Xena

Offline London_Pyr_Lover

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 13, 2009, 11:41:13 pm »
Kristi, what is the name that you signed up for FB under.  We can search you if we've got your name, or any other identifying details about you.  ;)  This way you can pick and choose who you want on your friend list from the people that send you requests.  ;)
My Sponsership page for my very first race!