Author Topic: Dog Ramp  (Read 26952 times)

Offline BigDogMama

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
Dog Ramp
« on: June 19, 2009, 03:35:44 pm »
Ok, so now that my question has been answered bout jumping vs. ramps...does anyone have suggestions on where to find quality affordable dog ramps?
Wicket-Great Pyrenees
Murphy-Great Pyrenees/Husky
Gwilly, Goo, Boo, Mouse, and Pooter-Cool Cats
Stan-Beloved Beta Fish                        Porthos, Athos, and Aramis-Koi Fish

Offline Winslow 151

• Paw-meister
  • Winslow at 6 Months
    • View Profile
Re: Dog Ramp
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2009, 11:05:15 pm »
Hi,

http://www.dogramp.com/index.php

Bought this 1 four years ago and still doing great!! Winslow is at 155 now and the ramp is holding up perfect!!
Happy Tails to All
Winslow's Dad

Offline NewfieMama

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2009, 08:57:04 am »
Hi,

http://www.dogramp.com/index.php

Bought this 1 four years ago and still doing great!! Winslow is at 155 now and the ramp is holding up perfect!!

Thanks! I just ordered this (the trifold version). Hoping it will fit WITH Cooper in the back of our Outback (thought the trifold would be easier to maneuver/wrap/bungee when he's in there.

If you have a bigger car, or a free backseat (we have child seats so no room there) there seem to be a lot of options, some much cheaper (Costo has a couple under $100).

Good luck and let us know which one you pick, I'll come back and post a review once we get ours!

Mary

Offline NewfieMama

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2009, 12:16:41 pm »
So our ramp arrived today and we all LOVE it. It's very sturdy, has a handle and strap to hold it closed so it's pretty easy to maneuver.

We walked Cooper over it a few times laid out flat on the floor in the house, then took it out to the yard. I had intended just to practice with getting it set up on the car, folding and putting it in, etc. but both my daughter and Cooper were excited to try it out. In he went, no problem, and then sat down and waited for us to get on the road! lol.

I think this ramp is a keeper. Thank you, Winslow, for recommending it.

Mary

Offline BigDogMama

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2009, 12:55:18 pm »
We ended up making one ourselves!  My hubby is very handy  ;)! It took some coaxing for Wicket to finally go up the ramp and he was hesitant to come back down at first.  But now he seems to be just fine with it! Murphy had no problem at all, he just went right up the ramp and into the car, then looked at me like "ok mom, now what?" :D.
Wicket-Great Pyrenees
Murphy-Great Pyrenees/Husky
Gwilly, Goo, Boo, Mouse, and Pooter-Cool Cats
Stan-Beloved Beta Fish                        Porthos, Athos, and Aramis-Koi Fish