Author Topic: limited registration  (Read 18571 times)

Offline newf_owner

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
limited registration
« on: July 24, 2009, 03:21:22 pm »
what exactly is limited registration? i just got my newf about 2 weeks ago and im still waiting on the breeder to send me his akc registration papers, i thought this may be the best place to ask this question, umm i dont really like my breeder, she is very buisy and i have tons of questions, she said she wasnt going to tell me what to do with my puppy, whats the difference between full and limited registration?

Offline NewfieMama

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
Re: limited registration
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2009, 08:18:34 am »
I believe (but may be wrong on this) that it means the dog can be used for a variety of purposes but NOT for breeding. So water work, obedience, agility, etc. OK but not intended as a breeding dog. Not sure about showing, since I believe show dogs are not neutered/spayed, perhaps you could do limited showing until you get the dog fixed?

Good luck!

Mary

Offline newf_owner

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2009, 02:26:09 pm »
i dont have to neuter him the breeder told me i didnt have to, but as far as i know i have limited registration on him, i want to get him in to sports, and i havent received his papers yet so im just not to sure what i can and cant do with him

Offline patrick

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
    • Great Pyrenees
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2009, 12:56:33 pm »
On limited registration you also cannot show in AKC sanctioned conformation shows either. You can do agility, water sports, obedience but no conformation.  He is a registered dog but with limited if you should happen to breed him in the future you will not be able to get AKC registration on the pups.