Author Topic: How Much More Can I take?  (Read 2489 times)

Offline brigid67

• BPO Guru
  • Dream And Desire
    • View Profile
How Much More Can I take?
« on: August 20, 2005, 01:43:36 pm »
So last night was our first attempt and having Willow in the crate with the door closed at night...it was a god awful hour of whining, howling, scratching etc etc....  We have the crate in the family room so I finally went downstairs and slept on the couch...still did not let her out though...she finally quieted down.  but only for a few hours...just not sure how more I can do - i am exhausted.  But I need to get the crate thing worked out..I have to go back to work in a few weeks and she will need to spend sometime in the crate so she in not unsupervised.. ..

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
Re: How Much More Can I take?
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2005, 05:01:25 pm »
Cheer up.  Gunther took about 2 nights to figure out he was getting nowhere by crying.  Of course we started crating him the day we got him, so Willow may take a bit longer but she will catch on.

Offline brigid67

• BPO Guru
  • Dream And Desire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2005, 05:04:16 pm »
2 nights would be good..I wanted to crate her as soon as we got her..but it took forever to get the crate shipped here.  ok so 2 nights...right on that I can do.  I crate trained Irie, but I had her so early (5 weeks)  so there was never much of a protest

Offline Moni

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2005, 10:33:42 pm »
Its definitely hard to stick to, but well worth it!

I don't know if will help with Willow, but with my deaf puppies they screamed and cried in the crates.  So we ended up covering them with either a sheet or a light blanket and it helped settle them down.  Good luck with her!
BPO does not have my permission to use my photos.