Author Topic: Lucy waiting for tow truck  (Read 6614 times)

Offline lucyswoman

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
Lucy waiting for tow truck
« on: July 03, 2009, 12:29:03 pm »

Here is Lucy while we waited 2 hours for the tow truck in Drain Oregon. The clutch went out on my 95 saab and thankfully we were able to get to Drain.  And thank goodness there is a best western!! love love love best western.  We got to ride in the car on the tow truck.  There was nothing open and lucy hadn't had dinner, but there was still someone at the closed convenience store who took pity on her and gave her the left over hot dogs. This morning she dinned on pita and turkey sandwich.
I gotta say being stuck in the side of the road in the dark it sure was nice to have my big girl with me. :)
Anyone got any travel or stranded with dog stories?

Offline joyfulmama

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
Re: Lucy waiting for tow truck
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2009, 02:20:43 pm »
What a great picture. I'm glad she was with you!

My only story is from my childhood when my mom, 70 lb mutt, and I were stranded for 12 hours at the Detriot airport. That was awful! The poor doggie had to stay in her kennel, of course in some isolated part of the airport. We had to go tend to her every couple hours to let her out and give her water. Poor baby.

Offline Jessdryden

• Supreme Drooler
  • My girls
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2009, 04:29:11 pm »
That is a great photo of Lucy! It is too bad that you had to wait for the tow truck, but lucky you had a good companion! :)

Offline Adustgerm

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2009, 07:57:40 am »
I went to Russia for three weeks. I took my chihuahua with me. When I tried to come back, they wouldn't let my dog leave the country. I had to wait for 3 days while trying to get everything straightened out. On top of that, they wouldn't let me take my dog out of the carrier. I had to give him food and water through the bars. When we got home, he stunk to high heaven. I will never go back to Russia again.

Offline newf_owner

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2009, 03:59:22 pm »
that sucks!!! ok i used to live in LA, i only had my australian shephard then, and my ex boy friend (he sucks!!!) had a 70lb lab/pit mix,  we drove cross country to west virginia, (my parents live there and i  was moving back) in new mexico the transmission blew in his car!!!!! so we had to find a hotel that would take us and our dogs! (microtel in, they are very cheap and pet friendly)

i had to have my dad drive all the way from wv to new mexico to pick us up, and it was like a 38 hour long drive in total, with 2 dogs and all of our stuff cramed in to a van