Author Topic: DIY Dog Beds  (Read 8171 times)

Offline BigDogMama

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
DIY Dog Beds
« on: August 14, 2009, 11:33:20 am »
I just wanted to share that after searching and finding only expensive options (that weren't even big enough), I turned to BPO.  I did a search for "dog bed" and found several topics on them.  One BPOer had the brilliant idea to use crib mattresses as dog beds!  Being that I have never had a baby, this option had not occured to me.  So I did a search and found that walmart had some for $40.  I bought 2 and covered them with sheets and som old blankets and my guys love them!  ;D
Wicket-Great Pyrenees
Murphy-Great Pyrenees/Husky
Gwilly, Goo, Boo, Mouse, and Pooter-Cool Cats
Stan-Beloved Beta Fish                        Porthos, Athos, and Aramis-Koi Fish

Offline NewfieMama

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
Re: DIY Dog Beds
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2009, 07:44:38 pm »
That's a great idea! My 5.5 year old daughter could sleep on Cooper's LLBean bed with about as much room as on the crib mattress stowed under her bed, so the crib mattress is really a perfect size for a big dog! I know what he'll be sleeping on when he finally decides to climb the stairs to her room! :)

Mary

Offline Jennalyn

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
Re: DIY Dog Beds
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2009, 10:30:59 pm »
You can also go to second hand furniture shops.  I found Briscoe a wooden day bed-couch-futon looking thingy for 35 dollars.  Its about the size of a love seat but a little lower to the ground... and had the most GOD AWFUL cushions on it (nothing a blue clearance twin size fitted sheet from Kmart couldn't fix).  Briscoe absolutly loves it.  He lays on it an looks out the windows in my sunroom all day long.
And I got cheap throw pillows from Big Lots and a cheapy comforter thing from Goddwill to put on it, too.  Briscoe knows its his bed and if anyone sits on it, they have to deal with him scooting them off the couch over time.(he's got a big butt)
 ;D ;D ;D