Author Topic: my uncles dog david  (Read 27851 times)

Offline newf_owner

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
my uncles dog david
« on: October 27, 2009, 04:54:06 pm »
hi, i have a newfie, and last weekend i took him to visit my uncles farm, he recently got a great pyrenees, hes now 10 months old and SO MUCH BIGGER than my newfie, hes atleast 60lbs larger if not more than my newf, i dont know much about these amazing dogs but id like to share david with you guys

my uncle owns 87 acres of land and david watches over there sheep and goats, hes very calm for his age (10 months) my newf is 7 months and drags me every where and runs and jumps but david is jus so calm and so gentle i cant believe how mature he acts for his age

any way

here is is

(sorry kinda not the best pic in the world)

Offline MollyGirl

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
Re: my uncles dog david
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2009, 07:21:11 am »
Thats what I love about the Great Pyrenees they are so mellow.  David is very beautiful. Thank you for sharing,
Becky
Phoebe 1-1/2 Yr.Great Pyrenees
MollyGirl No longer with us Pyr/Springer mix

Offline newf_owner

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2009, 09:27:45 am »
yeah i had no idea, i though i was about to go see a white version of rota (my newfoundland) all bouncy and happy and tial waggin and trying to knock people down, but there was this literaly "gentle giant"  thats awesome

i think id recomend them over a newf to any one who wanted a big dog, my boy is ALOT to handle

Offline patrick

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
    • Great Pyrenees
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2009, 06:52:16 am »
A Pyr pet owner once told me that the Pyr is America's best kept secret- truly a wonderful breed to live with.  Especially with people being so busy- no having to play frisbee twice a day or 2 mile walks just to burn off some energy they are quite content to just quietly lay in the same room you are in- even as puppies.  Many people think they need a lot of land and exercise- NOPE they are however quite good at snoozing

Offline newf_owner

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2009, 06:51:55 pm »
yeah, i wouldnt believe you if i hadnt seen it, i would think "its a puppy all puppies are kinda hyper and want to play" but yeah, your totally right

Offline waffles717

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2009, 05:58:50 pm »
Beethoven is five old a saint Bernard puppy we got when he was 7 weeks old know he weights 110!Huge!! :D
This Beethoven, he went to vet yesterday, he is 36 pound and only 9 weeks old!