Author Topic: After Dinner Behavior  (Read 7758 times)

lins_saving_grace

Re: After Dinner Behavior
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2005, 07:30:58 am »
Kiahpyr - You gotta love 'em right?!  I mean, Ranger doesn't know that I have a permanent bruise on my tailbone from his attempts to countersurf and that if he chases the cat one more time I'm going to have a nervous breakdown, right?!?!?  Right?!?!? (They don't know...do they?;) )

Glad someone is feelin' my pain here!  ;)
Oh that is such a nasty bone to have hurt too!  I feel your pain!

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2005, 10:00:56 am »
Jabear....that's exactly what Chester and Cowboy do as well.  Dinner's done so it MUST be time to play.  They've done it forever and so did my previous Newfs.  Chester's on Eagle Pack and Cowboy's on cooked meat so I don't think it's food related.  I think it might just be a Newf thing.  I try to just take a walk through around the garden to get the energy out calmly but with Chester, that's a real trick!

Offline GrumpyBunny

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2005, 10:19:05 am »
Ranger gets all sparky right after dinner too.  His favorite toy lately is this stuffed chicken with a weird look on its face, called the Suspicious Chicken, and when dinner is done, he will come bouncing around with Suspicious Chicken dangling from his mouth by one leg...  :)

Heh heh, he is not quite as tall as most of your guys, so when he tries to counter-surf, his up-stretched nose just clears the counter (unless he stands on his hind legs to nab something, which he definitely has done before). 

The nose will kind of cruise along the edge of the counter like a shark fin poking out of the water.  It seeks a victim - perhaps a sliver of lunch meat, or a forgotten piece of cereal. 

If I am standing there fixing something, and I don't make him cut it out, the nose will insert itself between me and the counter and slowly squeeze forward, pushing me back until he is in between me and the counter.  This not only causes me to have to reach over him to continue what I am doing, but perfectly positions his open mouth to catch any mistakes I might make....   :D
*Founder of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club*

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2005, 10:46:33 am »
I'm giggling here....have the perfect visual!!!! 

Offline greek4

• Majestic Member
  • Kole with Maia, Baxter, Rocco, and Cody
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2005, 11:03:45 am »
My guys do the tail tucked butt low circle the the yard run at top speed until they can't run anymore.  No bloat yet.  I really can't stop my guys since they are free in the yard and since no one even throws up I don't even try to stop them.
Thanks,

Emily and 1 husband, 1 boy, 1 on the way, and 4 crazy dogs