Author Topic: Kiah's Park Adventure Pics!!  (Read 6415 times)

Kiahpyr

Kiah's Park Adventure Pics!!
« on: August 22, 2005, 01:22:55 pm »
I took my daughter Raeanne and Kiah to the park this morning. It was beautiful! In the 70's with a light breeze. I took Kiah because I felt so sorry for her yesterday. It was so hot and then it was raining. Also for socializing her. Kiah was very well behaved. She let all the kids pet her. The adults couldn't believe that she was only 5 & 1/2 months old. It was like they never seen a big dog before. I told them to wait until she was full grown. I went with by best friend who also has a daughter. Our girls are best friends too!

1st pic is of Kiah wearing my daughters hat (taken last week at a different park).
2nd & 3rd is of Kiah watching all the people and wishing she could play too!
4th & 5th is of kids petting Kiah (don't know who the kids are)
6th is another of Kiah watching all the kids playing. My daughter is in the green shirt playing in the sand.
7th is of Kiah and Raeanne's best friend Megan.

GYPSY JAZMINE

Re: Kiah's Park Adventure Pics!!
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2005, 01:37:14 pm »
Great pics!!...She is SSSOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOO pretty!!!...Hey, how much does Kiah weigh?...Pippin is a little over 6 months old now & not quite 55 lbs...I took him to the vet today & they said he was fine & then I called Jackie for more reassurance... lol...& she said he was fine...I always have to have something to worry about I guess. :-\ Samson was a much better eater than Pippin is at that age & he seemed to put on weight alot quicker...Anyw ay, Kiah really is beauty!...Ty for sharing! :)

Kiahpyr

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2005, 01:54:04 pm »
I weighed Kiah at the vets office on the 8th. She was five months and weighed 47lbs. I figure Kiah now weighs about 55lbs. My husband thinks she's on the small side, so he weighed her on our bathroom scale. It showed she weighed 60lbs. I don't think she gained thirteen pounds within two weeks. I tried to do a search online for average weight growth, but didn't have any luck finding anything. I'll take her to the vets office this week to weigh her, so I know for sure.

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2005, 02:12:58 pm »
Samson was gaining 3 to 4 lbs. a week at Kiah's age if I remember correctly...I got him at 14 weeks & 43 lbs...He was a big boy!...He is now a little over a year & about 110 lbs..Pippin will be smaller than Sam...Jackie's dogs are at the smaller end of standard which is better for them for hips, joints etc...Samson's mother is 125 which is huge for a female & way out of standard...His dad was 115...I am about sure that sam won't top out his dad's weight & that is good!...Before I got Sam I read about Pyrs that were massive...130-140...I think that isn't at all the norm though & again, it's way out of breed standard.

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2005, 10:25:53 pm »
She has awesome markings. It looks like a lot of fun was had by all!
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline PupDaddy

• Paw-meister
  • Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2005, 10:54:49 pm »
I took my daughter Raeanne and Kiah to the park this morning. It was beautiful! In the 70's with a light breeze...
7th is of Kiah and Raeanne's best friend Megan.
70? I don't think our overnight low in Dallas was that cool!

Offline Jessdryden

• Supreme Drooler
  • My girls
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2005, 09:02:04 pm »
I saw your other post (in "curious") and just had to come back to your photos.  We loved your photos of Kiah in the park!  She looks so cute with your daughter's hat!  Thanks for sharing them with us!   :)

Jessica and Sasha

(I actually saw these yesterday, but I was just lurking--how rude of me!  :-\ )

Offline iluvbigdogz

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2005, 03:40:02 pm »
Kiah looks just like Busa did at that age. He is 1 1/2 years old now. Thanks for the pics

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2005, 07:23:55 pm »
She looks like she had alot of fun. 

Great pics!!

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2005, 07:38:49 pm »
Kiah is adorable! Looks like she had fun at the park :)
RIP former BPO

Offline Carolyn

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2005, 09:23:42 am »
Great pics. I have to ask your spelling of "Kiah" is different than my "Kiya" which I got from a list of American Indian names. I altered the spelling from "Kaya" Hopi meaning elder sister little.
Carolyn
Carolyn

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2005, 09:27:47 am »
so cute.  I love the hat! :)

Kiahpyr

« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2005, 01:24:04 pm »
Great pics. I have to ask your spelling of "Kiah" is different than my "Kiya" which I got from a list of American Indian names. I altered the spelling from "Kaya" Hopi meaning elder sister little.
Carolyn

Our dogs do have the same name except it's spelled differently. Kiah means "from the beautiful place" in Australian Aboriginal. Most people pronounce it like Kia the automobile maker. It drives me insane! Like I would name my dog after a poorly made car. No offense to anyone who owns one.

Offline Anky

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2005, 02:40:04 pm »

Our dogs do have the same name except it's spelled differently. Kiah means "from the beautiful place" in Australian Aboriginal. Most people pronounce it like Kia the automobile maker. It drives me insane! Like I would name my dog after a poorly made car. No offense to anyone who owns one.

They are poorly made.  I was walking to a bar and got hit by one in the parking lot.  I got a bruise, his radiator cracked and his front bumper disintegrated and fell off.  No I didn't feel fat after that :P 
BPO's Official Mistress of Mirth

Charter Member of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club

"And you will know us by the trail of skank."