Author Topic: looking for bull mastiff pupps in Washington  (Read 9267 times)

Offline Jennygirl

• Gnawer
  • Benny (from heavan) 4 months
    • View Profile
looking for bull mastiff pupps in Washington
« on: April 11, 2005, 07:18:39 am »
I am not sure if i am allowed to ask this on the board so if not Im sorry!! ill know for next time..
A wonderful dog parent lost her mastiff to bone cancer and is desperately trying to fill her void. She is in Spokane Wahsington and would like a bull mastiff pup or i may even talk her into getting an adult who needs a home...
Please advise if you can help..
Thanks so much for your time ;D
jenny/Benny/Teesha
and my forever dog Bruno!

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
Re: looking for bull mastiff pupps in Washington
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2005, 10:28:45 pm »
I would advice her to go onto AKC's website and go in under hmmmm I think it says "dog owners to be" or something like that. From there she can choose breeder referal. The people who are working as referals for the different breeds are not supposed to be breeders themselves, so no lobbying for their own dogs.

But the list she gets from them should only be breeders who follow all the ethical and other rules the breed has. When it comes to Bullmastiffs, I would reaserch very carefully before I got one, don't get me wrong, I love them dearly own them myself, but I have also seen more than a few of them, that can be a bit too protective. If that's what she is looking for thats okay, but for a family dog, I would make sure I research the lines to make sure they are not too "sharp" or overly protective.

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog