Author Topic: The Donut Report - Updated Daily  (Read 6793 times)

Offline PupDaddy

• Paw-meister
  • Earl
    • View Profile
The Donut Report - Updated Daily
« on: August 22, 2005, 10:47:38 pm »
Monday - Aug 22
No news is good news. Sadie continues to improve, and Donut is doing fine.

If it weren't for the Parvo threat, I'd be in PupDaddy heaven. Donut is learning life is great. She's playing with, and fighting back against the big puppies. She's into everything, chewing shoes, socks, moving rugs, collecting every toy in the house, counter surfing, trash can diving. She tried cord chewing, but I've already put bitter apple on all the cords. I have to watch her every second! Lets not even talk about the potty details I've had to deal with.

Donut was found north of Decatur, Texas, near nothing! She had missed several meals, and the tape worms were leaching whatever nutrition she did get. I went into my garage tonight, and she followed in and found heaven in a yellow bag!

Offline Bear

• Paw-meister
  • The Bear Cub
    • View Profile
Re: The Donut Report - Updated Daily
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2005, 10:52:00 pm »
Well she's certainly cute from the back end!  ;D ;D ;D

Offline brigid67

• BPO Guru
  • Dream And Desire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2005, 11:46:32 pm »
awwww cute - sounds like things are getting better

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2005, 07:27:11 am »
Someone's hungry!  So cute!  I almost want to climb in the bag with Donut.

Kiahpyr

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2005, 07:42:19 am »
She's so precious! I'm happy to hear that she's doing great. Can't wait for your next post.

Offline GrumpyBunny

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2005, 08:26:07 am »
So glad she is doing well so far.  Hang in there, Donut!
*Founder of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club*

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2005, 10:08:14 am »
Well, a healthy appetite like that is DEFINTELY not a sign of parvo!! I always go by the "3 day rule". It seems like every time I get a new foster cat or dog, if they are going to get sick, they are going to start showing signs within 3 days - even if they were at the shelter for weeks with no signs of illness. So, after she's been there 3 days with no signs of illness, I would start breathing easy again.
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

Nicole

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2005, 10:16:07 am »
YAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAY, DONUT! Eat that food up, baby girl!

Offline greek4

• Majestic Member
  • Kole with Maia, Baxter, Rocco, and Cody
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2005, 11:04:53 am »
PupDaddy,
How many do you have now?  You are the best.  With the shelter I volunteer at, there aren't many men who foster and the ones who do only do it because their woman is making them.  My own dog, who came from a breeder, whose husband wasn't around the dogs much, is weary of men.  Do you want to take her for a few weeks so she can see how great you are.   ;D
Thanks,

Emily and 1 husband, 1 boy, 1 on the way, and 4 crazy dogs

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2005, 01:50:26 pm »
Like you said...no news is good news!!! :) The donut/bag pics are priceless!!...She just tugs at my heart strings something fierce! ;D

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2005, 02:07:41 pm »
Cute pics :)
RIP former BPO

Offline PupDaddy

• Paw-meister
  • Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2005, 03:08:27 pm »
PupDaddy,
How many do you have now?  You are the best.  With the shelter I volunteer at, there aren't many men who foster and the ones who do only do it because their woman is making them.  My own dog, who came from a breeder, whose husband wasn't around the dogs much, is weary of men.  Do you want to take her for a few weeks so she can see how great you are.   ;D

I've got my two. Earl and Kendra, and 3 foster pups, Fluffy, Deuce, and Donut. My girlfriend Anne keeps slobering over my dogs, but can't afford to rebuild her fence until next year. She grew up with great danes, so i bet she will get another of those, rather than a pyr.

I've found I can deal with about 225 pounds of dog, no matter how many dogs that is. So I'm at my limit now. Her paw print list Maia at 119. Thats WAY over my limit!

dohertyswissy

« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2005, 03:14:17 pm »
Yeah little Donut and Sadie!

Please keep us posted.  They are in my thoughts and prayers. 

Sweet little pyrs!

smohr

« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2005, 03:33:04 pm »
Awww...a man who loves dogs.  A dream come true.  I've always had big dogs and always had a hubbie who complained about slobbers (he refuses to carry a slobber rag), hair (what's a few strands on the bottom shelf of the fridge??), kibble stuck between his toes (if he wore slippers that could be avoided), snoring in the bedroom (if he would only wear the earplugs I bought to block out the dogs and HIM!!!)

Offline Rocky's 'Rents

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2005, 03:33:33 pm »
those are the cutest pics ever! If she was older that would be an ad for PMS, all girls have had that "crawl in the feedbag feeling before!!!! :D