Author Topic: Bitch Pants  (Read 25761 times)

Offline vizslamaniac

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
Bitch Pants
« on: June 12, 2005, 04:03:52 pm »
OK ok  I have a problem... I want to take Zoey to the dog run with Austin but  I'm concerned about her getting knocked-up!  So I've looked on-line and have seen a number of really hideous looking pants for the bitch in season but I cant bring myself to spend $30 on dog granny panties!  ;D  Does anyone else put these on their dogs? and what size do I get!

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
Re: Bitch Pants
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2005, 04:11:32 pm »
Will boxer short with the tail through the fly work?
Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)

Offline vizslamaniac

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2005, 04:23:01 pm »
That's a cool idea! Thats gotta look better than what I saw today online. Yechhh!

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2005, 05:07:15 pm »
I am not sure that I have any real advice to offer but boxer shorts sound like a good idea...& PLEASE get pics...lol!

Offline NatsaintB

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2005, 06:48:55 pm »
I think you should buy a pair of white boxer briefs and write on the butt "Exit Only"!  How cute would that be!  Have fun at the run!

Offline mamadog

• Big Paw Certified
  • This is me and my Finn
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2005, 10:41:36 pm »
All of my babies are fixed, but I may just put boxers on them just for fun! That would be sooo cute!! If I do I'll get pics.

Vicki

Offline greek4

• Majestic Member
  • Kole with Maia, Baxter, Rocco, and Cody
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2005, 05:49:36 am »
I wouldn't take her to the park if she is in heat.  A male dog will do anything to get to a female in heat.  Plus, her smell of being heat will get all the other dogs stirred up and she might cause a dog fight just by her smell.

A pair of boxers, diaper, or anything will not keep them from your female.  For around the house use your best bet is the diaper's especially made for female dogs in heat, in order to prevent leaks and bigger messes.  Your dog will look goofy and they are a little costly but they are reusable and worth it in the end. ;D
Thanks,

Emily and 1 husband, 1 boy, 1 on the way, and 4 crazy dogs

Offline konza_vadasz

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2005, 11:23:38 pm »
Keep her home until she is out of season, at least 10-15 days after the last day of discharge. Going to the dog park is just asking for trouble.

I use little boy underpants for my girls when they're in season.... like Underoo's (choo-choo's or spiderman are just too cute!) or whatever I can find at Goodwill, DAV thrift stores, etc. Not boxer shorts but little boy briefs. Turn them around so the tail goes through the fly. I get medium size for my wirehaired vizslas who weigh 55-60 lbs. You can stick a mini-pad with adhesive strips in them. They have to go on/off for potty breaks. Getting them on the very first few times can be a bit of a tussle, but now my girls lay down & roll onto their backs to put their panties on!  :D
Deb Wall
Wirehaired Vizslas in KS

Offline Carolyn

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2005, 01:20:39 am »
I wouldn't take her out where other dogs are if shes in heat. I have little pants for Kiya that look like jeans with a red scruncy tail opening, shes not fond of them.
Carolyn
Carolyn

BabsT

« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2005, 01:42:24 am »
That last post was just too funny Jenn...I am also in agreement in keeping the dog away from dog parks.  It sounds like an accident waiting to happen

Offline vizslamaniac

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2005, 02:25:44 am »
LMAO yes yes yes. You're boss is definitely a little pre "season". You could perhaps get her a can of bitch spray (which I found on a UK site) that had me cracking up for weeks!  It's supposed to mask the scent.  and to all those concerned, of course I dont take her to the dog park during her season. ::) I am just very very careful with her.

Offline Moni

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2005, 02:27:16 am »
LOL 

I was opening this up dreading to see those spandex bike short things or something.  ::)

Oh yeah, those are hot pants, nevermind...   ;)

I've heard of lots of people using different sized boys briefs and using a pad or liners when they have a female in heat with good results. 

However I'd be scared to bring a female in estrus to a doggie populated area.  She might behave fine, and you might not have a problem with her getting accidently bred.   But, is a big but, it'll put the other dogs on edge and could cause some aggression problems amongst them.  I used to train with a bunch of GSD breeders who had intact males and females.  If any of them had a female in heat at home and brought one of their other dogs in, then ALL the dogs were tense jittery and the intact males where REALLY disoriented and edgey.  Just a word of warning.  :)

So lets see some pix of this pup when she gets her hot bitch pants on.  LOL
BPO does not have my permission to use my photos.