Author Topic: Chicago Dogs  (Read 13992 times)

GR8DAME

Re: Chicago Dogs
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2005, 01:58:40 pm »
I've lived in theChicago Suburbs for 42 years and I have never had an animal of mine de-barked, nor have I ever known any one to have had their dog de-barked. I consider it cruel and inhumane. Don't de-bark your dog, train your dog. Unless I am mistaken they either cut the vocal cords or remove the voice box itself...eithe r way I think it is an atrocity.
Stella

Nicole

« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2005, 03:14:56 pm »
I agree, Stella. Yikes. It sounds like a terrible thing to do.

I'm really against de-clawing kitties, too. I mean, people gotta do what they gotta do or whatever, but...wow. I just think its too weird. I have three and none of them are declawed. I trim their nails constantly, so they never have the sharp tips on them to scratch stuff. And, you can get little rubber tips called Soft Paws to put on, too. I guess I feel like if you're going to get kitties, find other options than declawing, cuz cats have claws.

Not to offend...just my HUMBLE opinion.

dohertyswissy

« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2005, 03:25:15 pm »
That sounds awful painful for the poor puppies!  I have to agree with Stella - dogs bark, so train them when to and when not to bark!  Why would people do that??  I have to admit, Ranger's barks are one of my most favorite sounds in the world.  It either means he is happily at play or protecting his family.  Who would want to silence that?????

As far as cats go, my cat had a tendonectomy.  It is where the vet clips the tendon that allows the claw to actually extend out and dig into things (e.g. my couch, carpet, etc)., but they still keep the claws and no removing the "toe."    Tigger was my first cat...I found him with his littermates on the side of the road in a box.  Probably why hubby speeds up whenever I notice an animal on the side of the road.  Anyway, I just couldn't deal with him messing up everything, so this was a pretty good alternative.!

Offline Khiori

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • SoloDancer
    • View Profile
    • Solitude
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2005, 04:49:54 pm »
Wow, this is so sad!  I have a collie (Leo) and yeah, he likes to talk.  Often.  And about lots of things.  Sometimes I'll bark right along with him, we have a good time.  But then when we say "Enough" he'll stop.  He loves to groan and make lots of noises but that's just being him.  I'd never want to take that away from him.  He likes to talk!