Author Topic: Donut and Earl  (Read 18607 times)

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
Re: Donut and Earl
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2005, 01:40:51 pm »
Ohhhh I am so glad to hear Donut is still okay, that makes the chances for her not getting it bigger. And also that Sadie is feeling a bit better.

Gyps. THAT is a sign if anything, it is almost making me have goose bumps to see both Arwen and Donut look sooooo alike. AND I am sure you can turn hubby around, you are a strong woman girl..... you go for it, and now we all wonder about the spec. Gyps asked about lol..... wouldnt that be the coolest. we can always do a conf. phone call and your hubby wont have a chance against all us crazy women hehe

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog

Offline PupDaddy

• Paw-meister
  • Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2005, 01:50:44 pm »
[Pup Daddy, I can't stop thinking about Donut...How old is she?...Uuuummmmm, she looks pretty young so probably doesn't have much 'baggage" relating to her sad life before you...Uuuuummm m, if she is healthy, how long before she can be adopted?...Uuuummmm, PLEASE don't tell my hubby I am inquiring about her!...lol!

Not to bum anyone out, but Donut was found north of Decatur Texas, near nothing. Some cowardly F@#ing a$$h0l3 dumped her there to die. After rescuing this baby, I suddenly find myself respecting people who drown unwanted puppies. Better to S/N, but, what what kind of sick, weak, pathatic, "bleep" would dump a puppy to die. Deuce, Kendra, and Flully were dumped where someone would find them. But somebody wanted her to die. I wonder if there were more pups dumped there.

But despite being dumped, she's about 6 weeks old, 9 pounds (well, was on Sunday, lets guess 11 now!) Already had her first set of shots, been on Tamuflu for 4 days, had thermometers shoved in her "Donut hole". We know no history of her. She will not be available to adopt until she spayed, about 6 weeks.

Here's what we do know:
Craps all over the place!
Pees all over the place!
Drags everything across the floor!
Barks at new things and get everyone else started!
Crawls into you lap!
Gives you puppy kisses!
Lays on your chest and falls asleep!
Breaths out intoxicating puppy breath!

Find anything in that description appealing?

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2005, 01:51:42 pm »
[Pup Daddy, I can't stop thinking about Donut...How old is she?...Uuuummmmm, she looks pretty young so probably doesn't have much 'baggage" relating to her sad life before you...Uuuuummm m, if she is healthy, how long before she can be adopted?...Uuuummmm, PLEASE don't tell my hubby I am inquiring about her!...lol!

Not to bum anyone out, but Donut was found north of Decatur Texas, near nothing. Some cowardly F@#ing a$$h0l3 dumped her there to die. After rescuing this baby, I suddenly find myself respecting people who drown unwanted puppies. Better to S/N, but, what what kind of sick, weak, pathatic, "bleep" would dump a puppy to die. Deuce, Kendra, and Flully were dumped where someone would find them. But somebody wanted her to die. I wonder if there were more pups dumped there.

But despite being dumped, she's about 6 weeks old, 9 pounds (well, was on Sunday, lets guess 11 now!) Already had her first set of shots, been on Tamuflu for 4 days, had thermometers shoved in her "Donut hole". We know no history of her. She will not be available to adopt until she spayed, about 6 weeks.

Here's what we do know:
Craps all over the place!
Pees all over the place!
Drags everything across the floor!
Barks at new things and get everyone else started!
Crawls into you lap!
Gives you puppy kisses!
Lays on your chest and falls asleep!
Breaths out intoxicating puppy breath!

Find anything in that description appealing?

sounds like a sweet puppy!

Kiahpyr

« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2005, 02:01:41 pm »
I don't want to step on anyone's feet (gypsy jazmine). I do really wish I could take her. My husband says we don't have the room or the money for another big dog. :( Donut's just so cute!! Maybe if I show him pictures. I've already told him about her. Do you think she'll always be small or will she catch up in size?

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2005, 02:09:47 pm »
I don't want to step on anyone's feet (gypsy jazmine). I do really wish I could take her. My husband says we don't have the room or the money for another big dog. :( Donut's just so cute!! Maybe if I show him pictures. I've already told him about her. Do you think she'll always be small or will she catch up in size?
Your not stepping on my toes at all! :) My hubby would kill me if I brought another Pyr home already!...Though Pippin only had just 1 accident in the house...he really isn't any trouble...1 more puppy couldn't hurt...right?...lol!...O.k...O.k.. .anyway, lol though I would ADORE to have Donut, I am sure my hubby will put his foot down this time...I just recently got the man to make a 2 day trip to bring Pippin home...He's a saint not doubt but he's not a martyr!...lol...Of coarse I'll ask though!...lol!...You know, just the other night he was saying that his one & only regret about Pippin is that we didn't get him younger....hhh mmmmmmmmmmmmmm m...lol!...She does remind me so very much of Arwen though I can't help but love her!....Ty P.D. for the Donut info!...Now you make sure donut goes to a very wealthy family who has no children & adores their pets...They must have many acres preferabley with pet sheep for her to gaurd!...This is my request for her!...lol!
« Last Edit: August 24, 2005, 02:12:23 pm by GYPSY JAZMINE »

Offline PupDaddy

• Paw-meister
  • Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2005, 02:34:46 pm »
... Do you think she'll always be small or will she catch up in size?
AS hot as it had been here in the last few weeks, I doubt that she had been dumped for more than a few days. I just don't thing she could have survived if she had been out there longer. Actually, the fleas and malnutrition could have been on her when she was dumped.

Offline Jessdryden

• Supreme Drooler
  • My girls
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2005, 02:43:45 pm »
Donut is so adorable!  I'm so glad to hear that she is still doing well and that Sadie seems to be doing better.

Thank you so much for sharing her photos!  What a darling!

Jessica

BTW--you're really making it hard for me not to get another puppy (such as Donut)!!!  ;D

Offline PupDaddy

• Paw-meister
  • Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2005, 10:53:13 pm »
... Do you think she'll always be small or will she catch up in size?
AS hot as it had been here in the last few weeks, I doubt that she had been dumped for more than a few days. I just don't thing she could have survived if she had been out there longer. Actually, the fleas and malnutrition could have been on her when she was dumped.
I just realized I didn't answer you question. I think she be full sized

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2005, 11:04:18 pm »
Donut is so adorable!  I'm so glad to hear that she is still doing well and that Sadie seems to be doing better.

Jessica

BTW--you're really making it hard for me not to get another puppy (such as Donut)!!!  ;D
Hold up!...Wait until my hubby says no before you lay claim to Donut! :P ;D LOL!

Offline LaurieW

• Big Paw Certified
  • Bella
    • View Profile
    • Hands of Healing
« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2005, 11:33:53 pm »
Gypsy,
I believe in signs!  I picked Casper out of the petfinder pages because he had a smile just like my Miko that had passed away last spring.  This is his wonderful smile - the picture is from last year & is one of the ones that was posted on petfinder.  Casper has grown & is bigger now!  :)

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2005, 11:42:30 pm »
Gypsy,
I believe in signs!  I picked Casper out of the petfinder pages because he had a smile just like my Miko that had passed away last spring.  This is his wonderful smile - the picture is from last year & is one of the ones that was posted on petfinder.  Casper has grown & is bigger now!  :)
I totally believe in signs!...& I also believe everything in the universe is unfolding as it should be....That's why I believe that Arwen went on to The Bridge to wait for us & Pippin came to live here...Why Donut smiles just like Arwen...& maybe she is meant to be here too...& maybe..just maybe there is a reason bigger than all of that in the big picture..."I believe" is so calming & peaceful & right...I too believe that Casper was meant to be with you..or he wouldn't be. :) Do you have a pic of Miko to post?...I would love to see him! :)

Offline LaurieW

• Big Paw Certified
  • Bella
    • View Profile
    • Hands of Healing
« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2005, 12:06:27 am »
No, I don't have any digital photos of Miko.....maybe I could take a picture of a picture?  I'll work on it!   :D

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #27 on: August 25, 2005, 12:14:56 am »

Jessica

Hold up!...Wait until my hubby says no before you lay claim to Donut! :P ;D LOL!
Update!!..my hubby just got home from his weekly trip & saw Donut's pic...He wants to know how we would get her here & how much to adopt!!!...He also saw a whole lot of Arwen in her & he melted immedialty!!!...P.D....Can we arrange transport?...How much to adopt her?...OMG!...Is it possible? ;D

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 25, 2005, 06:17:52 am »
Three cheers for Gypys's hubby.   I would so love to see you have a little girl to beat up those boys.  I want another girl but I am not sure Sugar Bear could take two until Dixie is a little older (less wild).
Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)

Nicole

« Reply #29 on: August 25, 2005, 06:26:37 am »
OH. MY. GOD. Gyp! Really? Well....while you're out there adopting Donut, I'm going to adopt your hubby! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHA!

That is absolutely fabulous, Gyp. I can't even believe it. It really was meant to be. Wow! I really have goose bumps all over me right now. I didn't expect for that to be one of the last posts on here as I was reading....I was giggling, thinking about trying to convince my B-friend of a puppy, and knowing how futile that can be and everything, thinking there is NO WAY Gyp's husband will agree....and then BAM! He did! I gasped!

HIP-HIP-HOOOOOOOORAY for Gyp's Hubby and PupDaddy and Donut and GYP! (And Pippin and Sammy, too!)