Author Topic: it's been a long road, with lots of treats.....  (Read 5459 times)

nickerbokker

it's been a long road, with lots of treats.....
« on: August 25, 2005, 07:14:15 pm »
BUT I JUST DID ANGUS'S TWO FRONT PAWS WITH THE DREMEL!!!!  I WAS GOING TO MAKE AN APPT FOR THE VET TO PUT HIM UNDER AND DO IT SINCE HE WAS NOT GETTING BETTER.....AND JUST NOW, I CAME INSIDE AFTER DOING HIS FRONT PAWS.  DONT TELL ME I DID TOO MANY AT ONCE, CUZ I WAS ON A ROLL AND DIDN'T WANNA BREAK THE CIRCLE, BUT OMG........TWO PAWS DOWN!  TWO PAWS DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline kildeskennel

• Paw-meister
  • Beautiful beauty
    • View Profile
    • Kildes Kennel
Re: it's been a long road, with lots of treats.....
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2005, 08:55:28 pm »
LOL!  Good for you Nicker!  I am still at a loss on how to trim My son's cocker's feet!  Gave hime the "field" cut a month ago, but he would not let me clip his feet!  Darn boy looks like he has feet 5 sizes to big for his cute little clipped body!  I keep trying but no luck!  Anthony thinks he looks FABULOUS but honestly he is goofy as all get out!  I keep hoping his body fur will grow out soon to match the BIG PAWS he is sporting!
Happiness comes of the capacity to feel deeply, to enjoy simply, to think freely, to risk life, to be needed.
Storm Jameson

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2005, 12:27:54 am »
BUT I JUST DID ANGUS'S TWO FRONT PAWS WITH THE DREMEL!!!!  I WAS GOING TO MAKE AN APPT FOR THE VET TO PUT HIM UNDER AND DO IT SINCE HE WAS NOT GETTING BETTER.....AND JUST NOW, I CAME INSIDE AFTER DOING HIS FRONT PAWS.  DONT TELL ME I DID TOO MANY AT ONCE, CUZ I WAS ON A ROLL AND DIDN'T WANNA BREAK THE CIRCLE, BUT OMG........TWO PAWS DOWN!  TWO PAWS DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What a coincidence!...I cut Sam's & Pippin's claws..all of them including dewclaws & 4 of my cats' claws earlier this evening...lol!...A steady stream of treats & a whack or two on top of the head does wonders! :D LOL!

Offline Moni

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2005, 01:21:05 am »
Woohoo!  Nails are always something to be proud of!    ;D
BPO does not have my permission to use my photos.

Offline brigid67

• BPO Guru
  • Dream And Desire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2005, 01:35:57 am »
my mojos absolutely will not let me do their nails....

Lyn

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2005, 08:30:59 am »
I never realized how lucky I am that Bubba will just lay there while I clip all his nails. At first I used to have to hold him down. But now all I have to do is show him the clippers and he lays right down. As soon as I'm finished he jumps up and waits for his treat.

Now baths are an entirely different story.  :(

Icerotti

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2005, 08:32:13 am »
I never realized how lucky I am that Bubba will just lay there while I clip all his nails. At first I used to have to hold him down. But now all I have to do is show him the clippers and he lays right down. As soon as I'm finished he jumps up and waits for his treat.

Now baths are an entirely different story.  :(

Oh can you train Farley Lyn ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

nickerbokker

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2005, 03:21:43 pm »
GOT TWO MORE PAWS DONE TODAY!  ANGUS IS OFFICIALLY THE BEST DOG EVER, HE EVEN LAYED DOWN FOR ME TO DO THE BACK ONES!  KICKED ME A FEW TIMES, KNOCKED THE DREMMEL INTO MY FINGER WHICH WAS BLEEDING LIKE A ..... AND NOW HAS A LITTLE BANDAID ON IT......BUT HIS PAWS ARE DONE!  ALL OF THEM!  HIS NAILS ARE SO BEAUTIFUL AND ROUND AND NOT AT ALL SCARY!  I CAN TAKE THEM AND PUSH THEM INTO MY LEG AS HARD AS I CAN, AND EVEN TRY TO SCRATCH, AND NOTHING!  NOTHING!  I LOVE IT!  NO HOLES IN LEGS, NO BLOOD, JUST PRETTY ROUND NAILS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IM SO HAPPY FOR ME, AND SO HAPPY FOR ANGUS!  IM SURE THAT MUST FEEL SOOOO MUCH BETTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OH I COULD CRY LOL!

Offline GrumpyBunny

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2005, 03:36:45 pm »
Yay!  Angus is a good good boy!  And his mommy deserves a drinkie....
*Founder of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club*

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2005, 03:46:07 pm »
GOT TWO MORE PAWS DONE TODAY!  ANGUS IS OFFICIALLY THE BEST DOG EVER, HE EVEN LAYED DOWN FOR ME TO DO THE BACK ONES!  KICKED ME A FEW TIMES, KNOCKED THE DREMMEL INTO MY FINGER WHICH WAS BLEEDING LIKE A ..... AND NOW HAS A LITTLE BANDAID ON IT......BUT HIS PAWS ARE DONE!  ALL OF THEM!  HIS NAILS ARE SO BEAUTIFUL AND ROUND AND NOT AT ALL SCARY!  I CAN TAKE THEM AND PUSH THEM INTO MY LEG AS HARD AS I CAN, AND EVEN TRY TO SCRATCH, AND NOTHING!  NOTHING!  I LOVE IT!  NO HOLES IN LEGS, NO BLOOD, JUST PRETTY ROUND NAILS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IM SO HAPPY FOR ME, AND SO HAPPY FOR ANGUS!  IM SURE THAT MUST FEEL SOOOO MUCH BETTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OH I COULD CRY LOL!
Nicks, that is WAY great!!!...Now I am jealous!...I clip my guys' nails...They still scratch...Rand y really know because Samson tried to steal my uncle's dog chew here today & started a fight with her...Of coarse Pippin came running to his brother's rescue & all three dogs ended up fighting on Randy who was sleeping on the couch...They scratched the h*ll out of him!...You should have seen the look on his face...Pricele ss!...lol!...See, Wangus is turning out to be a very good boy!!! ;D

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2005, 07:08:46 pm »
Good boy Angus, make sure you get extra treats tonight.
Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)

Kiahpyr

« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2005, 07:27:26 pm »
That's great you finally got them done. I guess I'm luckly here. Kiah lets my husband do her nails without a fight.

Offline Anky

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2005, 07:45:41 pm »
Long story short (Marsi posted the long story somewhere) Mojo means obnoxious little nasty dog.

Ang
BPO's Official Mistress of Mirth

Charter Member of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club

"And you will know us by the trail of skank."

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2005, 07:47:36 pm »
Ooh, can you come over and do Zoey's  ;)

Tell me something, does the dremmel really make it that much easier? I am kindof afraid of it and the dremmel kits are like $50 so I want to know if it's worth it. Is it really safer and less scary for the dogs?
RIP former BPO

nickerbokker

« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2005, 08:18:22 pm »
Ooh, can you come over and do Zoey's  ;)

Tell me something, does the dremmel really make it that much easier? I am kindof afraid of it and the dremmel kits are like $50 so I want to know if it's worth it. Is it really safer and less scary for the dogs?

lol, i thought the same thing!  i was like ABUT I ALREADY SPENT 20 ON CLIPPERS THAT DONT WORK, WHY 60 ON A DREMEL!  but the truth is that YES, it is sooooo much easier.  once the dogs get past the noise, and the fear of the big scary thing coming to eat their feet (which took a lot of patients, i am an instant gratification type myself lol), it is sooo much better than just clipping.  with the clipper, you cant get too close to the quick so the nails are long...and you cant get edges, so they can still be pointy and rough, and on the occasion, unless you hardly trim, you will probably get the quick with is very painful to them. 

with the dremel, you can get right up to the quick, and then pretty round edges along the whole front side of the nail.  no sharpy edges, no frays, no nail splitting..... its much safer, and works 1000000 times easier!  initially, its hard and you need to build up trust.....but once that is accomplished, it will make your life soooo much easier!  best 60 bucks ive EVER spent on a dog tool!  hands down!

GO GET ONE NOW LOL