Author Topic: Who's there?  (Read 28771 times)

Offline nfdog

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
    • Online Guide to Newfoundland Dogs
Re: Who's there?
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2005, 04:57:26 pm »
Greetings from Newfoundland, Canada. Michael, you're websites look fantastic. This is a great Simple Machines skin. Did you design these sites (this one and Bear's site and your own)?

Mark

Offline noirsphynx

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
    • Denomme's Darlings
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2005, 09:49:58 am »
Hi eveyone, I'm Dawn from Alberta, Canada. I don't have a beautiful purebred newf like all the wonderful pictures I'm seeing here but I have a cross. Her name is Sadie and she has a bit of collie in her. Her best buddy is a mini Dachshund who acts like he's bigger than she is  ;D

Offline Newf

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2005, 12:43:14 pm »
Hi everyone, having started this thread, I then disappeared for 3 weeks to have a hip replacement! I'm now back from France (where I had the surgery and a physiotherapis t with a grey Newf!! ::)) and ready to join in the chat. Have we added any new countries while I've been away - last count it was UK, US, Autralia and NZ ?

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2005, 01:09:13 pm »
Hello there! Last time I counted we also had a few people from some South American countries and at least one person from Asia.
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline NinaA

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2005, 01:46:08 pm »
Hello to all.  I registered here a while ago and just now am getting back.  I live in Louisville, Kentucky, with two Newfs - Echo (black) and Moonlight ( gray/white Irish Spotted).  I also am a NNer and am on the AOL Newfoundland board.  Obvioulsy, I love to talk about my dogs.

Nina
et al

Offline Sue M.

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2005, 02:57:56 pm »
 :) Hi All,
I'm another citizen of the US! Pennsylvania
I am also another NNer. I go by Sue M. there too! I have 2 Newfs. Both rescues! 1 is a five year old female named Cassie and the other is a 1 1/2 year old boy named Koda. My husband and I and the 2 dogs make up one pooch oriented happy family!

Sue M.
Terry, Sue
Cassie and Koda too!
Rebel, Katie Girl and Bear Bear- waiting for us at the Bridge.

Offline Cami

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
    • Kennel Manenei's
« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2005, 10:41:04 am »
I'm here too.. And I'm from Finland.
I have 3 newfies, 2 at home and one co-owned. (girl from my first litter)
 :) Nice to meet you all!

Jen

« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2005, 12:39:25 pm »
Count me in.  I got my first newfie last week!!!! Her name is Sasha.  We live in the Pocono Mountains of North East, PA.  You can see lots of pictures of her and our Great Pyrenees Thunder under several different headings. under newf pics there are two- "BIG MAMA"  and "SASHA IS HERE!"  Under Great Pyrenees they are in the Pics under "THUNDER THE WONDER DOG".

Jen

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2005, 09:17:47 am »
I live in Southern California and have a wonderful Landseer, Cowboy!  We got him at 18 months after we lost our first Landseer last year and then lost our female five months later.  I think she just couldn't get over losing her favorite male!!  That wasn't the cause of death according to the vet, but I will always think it was a broken heart!!!  Awful, awful year!  But we do have Cowboy who is such a love and all the sweetness that you have a Newf in your life for!   He does have idiopathic epilepsy and we are trying to deal with it and fortuntely, with excellent vet support, he seems to be enjoying his life immensely!

Offline pitas

• Paw-meister
  • Mom! Let us out, please!
    • View Profile
We are here from NJ
« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2005, 02:45:07 pm »
Hello to one and all, hairy and humans!

I hope this quick e-mail finds everyone and every pup doing well and feeling great! Our family has 3 lovely Landseers!  We have two 2yr. old brother and sister, & one 9 month old brother (same Mom different Dad).  We love our pups to pieces and thoroughly enjoy  them everyday.  We are training them for pet therapy and hopefully water rescue down the Jersey shore.  They love to play with each other and get crazy with wild puppy rumpus several times a day!  We  have always had big dogs, Goldens in the past and we didn't think we could get another Golden right away after 2 of ours passed away a few years back.

I attached a few pics, one of the 3 Knuckleheads, the boys are Klondike (big boy), Kelso, (puppy) and our girl Madison.

Keep the pups happy & spoiled!

Anita and the Goofy Newfies from NJ

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2005, 02:58:58 pm »
I LOVE the pic of your girl looking down the beach!!!  They are all beautiful!!!  Wild Newfie rumpus is the best!

Offline pitas

• Paw-meister
  • Mom! Let us out, please!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2005, 03:22:56 pm »
Thank you!  That is our big boy Klondike watching for seagulls up ahead.  You are right, wild, puppy rumpus is the best! 

Anita from NJ

Offline LuvmyMal

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2005, 05:18:55 pm »
Hi, we are from NC and right now my malamute is absolutely hating this weather, we did not have any snow this year in the city I am from, so this past Sunday it snowed a little in the mountains so we drove to let her play. She absolutely loved it. Hope everyone is doing well! Right now Tonka is with daddy at obedience class, can't wait for her to get home.

Offline zrebny

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 26, 2005, 05:43:06 pm »
Hi all,

From Pa. here.  You all have beautiful babies!  My baby is a Berner she also loves the cold and snow.  It was warm here last week and everyone coudn't believe I was running the air conditioner.  But I find it hard not to spoil her.  Zoe was 2 on April 9th.  We are having spring thunderstorms and she is having a hard time with them.  It is hard to sleep with a 100 pound dog on top of you.  If anyone has any ideas on how to calm her when the storms are going on I would greatly appreciate it.  
« Last Edit: April 26, 2005, 05:52:00 pm by zrebny »