Author Topic: Who's there?  (Read 23919 times)

Offline Newf

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
Who's there?
« on: March 08, 2005, 01:49:56 pm »
I'm new to this, and seem to have posted my intro to the wrong place first time round, so I'll try again! So, what's with all these tests then? Let's get something interesting going .. I'll introduce myself. I live in Wales (UK) on top of a mountain with my 2 two Newfs Tansy (7) and Dylan (3). As far as the UK goes we live in the middle of nowhere, but by US standards I guess it's not that wild! Spring is well on the way here and the Newfs are enjoying lying out in the sun during the day, though it's 7.45 pm and dark now, so they're lying down here by the computer!

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
Re: Who's there?
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2005, 02:28:30 pm »
Hello there! I'm here and am very pleased to meet you.

So you live in the middle of nowhere with 2 fabulous Newfs huh? Well, I am in central California (US) and it is not much better here.  ;) I have on 2.5 year old male Newf named Bear. He is coming to realize that his beloved winter (40-50 degrees farenheit) is soon coming to an end. It is March and already in the high 60's-70's daily.

So, welcome to the forum. I look forward to hearing more from you and seeing your doggies.
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline skylar

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2005, 04:35:43 pm »
Hi!  I am Jill owned by Skylar my 8 month old Newf......Alli e my 3 year old mixed up mix breed....and Major the big fat black cat.....I have a wonderful husband and 2 of the best kids in the world and I live in the beautiful state of Wisconsin.USA. ..I love talking Newfs well....dogs in general......a ny advice, tips, they are always welcomed....ho pe to get to know all of you.....also.. I am a NNer Jeva I go by there.

Offline jabear

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2005, 04:38:24 pm »
Hello Skylar. Nice to meet another NNer on a different foum. I agree that it is so much fun to talk about our fur babies!
Hugs,
Jaime

Offline Newf

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2005, 12:28:46 pm »

So what's an NNer?

Offline jabear

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2005, 12:36:19 pm »
NN stands for Newf Net which a popular, Newf Only forum that many of us frequent. It's been home to Michael, Bear & I for 2 years now!
Hugs,
Jaime

Offline Newf

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2005, 01:31:05 pm »

We are still on dial-up, by the minute here in primitive Wales, so I can't spend much time online. I haven't come across Newf Net, though I AM on Newf-l .... a brilliant list. Any of you out there planning on visiting the UK this summer? - let me know if you need a "Newf fix" while you're here!!

Offline Newf

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2005, 02:03:04 pm »

What other countries have we got represented in this group, so far I make it the US and the UK. All of you in other countries - let us know.

Offline ausnewf

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
    • Oznewf - Newfoundland Dog email discussion group
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2005, 04:24:15 pm »
Hi all ... i'm Angela, I'm from Australia and have two Newfs black female Tansy (7) and black male Beej (7) I am the list owner for 'Oznewf', and email discussion list for Newf owners. Have a look here : http://au.groups.yahoo.com/group/oznewf/  Tansy is featured on our frontpage giving our 4 mth old filly, Tammy, a kiss.

Nice site ... very slick!

Angela & Tansy & Beej

Offline newfdog

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2005, 04:26:15 pm »
I love that picture of your oz kissing your filly. Do Newfs get along well with horses?

Offline ausnewf

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
    • Oznewf - Newfoundland Dog email discussion group
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2005, 05:35:14 pm »
The newf kissing the filly is Miss Tansy, and she is very well behaved around our horses. I have a small highland pony stud, and Tansy is with me every day while i'm working and playing with our ponies. Beej doesn't like the ponies so much, i'm sure he thinks they'll hurt me! He stays at the house and monitors over the fence with a few well placed 'woofs' if he thinks the ponies are out of line. Until last summer, we were also blessed with a big ol' Landseer boy, JJ, and he LOVED the horses. He'd even ride in the float (horse trailer) with them. They all loved him too.

Angela & Tansy & Beej

Offline dogsandcarts

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2005, 04:04:04 pm »
Hi everyone,
I`m a CNer (clubNewf)  We live in the S/E of the UK,  have two Newfs, one aged Four yrs. and the other two yrs. old and one Bernese aged four yrs.   We belong to several Newf. and Bernese clubs but our favourite are the carting display groups we belong to. Look forward to hearing more about everyone and watching this new group grow.
I'm new to this, and seem to have posted my intro to the wrong place first time round, so I'll try again! So, what's with all these tests then? Let's get something interesting going .. I'll introduce myself. I live in Wales (UK) on top of a mountain with my 2 two Newfs Tansy (7) and Dylan (3). As far as the UK goes we live in the middle of nowhere, but by US standards I guess it's not that wild! Spring is well on the way here and the Newfs are enjoying lying out in the sun during the day, though it's 7.45 pm and dark now, so they're lying down here by the computer!

Offline Newf

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2005, 10:45:41 am »

Hi .... Pleased to meet you - I have never come across another Newf called Tansy before. I have a Tansy and she is also 7yrs old although she will be 8 on the 21st of this month. I asked the question about other countries! So there's the US, UK and Australia mentioned so far - pretty good. Whereabouts in Australia are you?

best wishes
Fiona

Offline ownedbynewfs

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2005, 03:09:20 pm »
Hello All
I live in New Zealand's south island.  I've previously owned and loved a beautiful Bernese bitch.  I now have a handsome  8) 5 month old black boy, 'Trent' and will soon be joined by 'Autumn' a gorgeous  ::) 7 week old brown girl (both Newfs).  Autumn's breeder is BelvedereNewfs who recently introduced herself here.  I'll have to upload some pics... I have several.... hundred!!!   ;D
« Last Edit: March 12, 2005, 03:43:47 pm by ownedbynewfs »

Offline Baxter

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2005, 07:22:05 pm »
I am here too!!  I am from New Zealand and have a 3.5 year old Newf named Baxter...