Poll

so how did you do it ?

2 (66.7%)
1 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Author Topic: So how did you do it.......... ?  (Read 6919 times)

Offline tanimara

• Big Paw Certified
  • Tanimara's Spirit Warrior "Warrior"
    • View Profile
    • Tanimara Great Pyrenees
Re: So how did you do it.......... ?
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2005, 05:27:27 pm »
Why thank you!  Blush blush...lol

Warrior is 19 mo old now so not hardly a puppy any more.  But I kinda think he is special too.

Jackie
Jackie Wood
Owner/Breeder Tanimara Great Pyrenees

"A people without a history is like wind on the buffalo grass"
Crazy Horse - Oglala Sioux

Offline tanimara

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2005, 05:30:21 pm »
Im a baaaaaaaaad mommy!  I dont have any current pics of him to post!  It's been a busy year and puppies to take pictures of.  Guess I need to get some to post.

Here is one taken at 13 weeks, and one at 8 mo though.
Jackie Wood

Offline Sam

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
Re: Thank you Jackie.........
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2005, 08:11:28 pm »
For your reply. Very much appreciated. Believe it or not, but Sam is getting obedience class from day one we got him. Every night, after dinner. For about a good two hours or sometimes longer. The only thing i forgot from day one, was to involve my family in doing this. But recently, i do, and Sam is improving rapidly. And my family, enjoys Sam even more, because Sam is finally paying attention, listening, to what my Wife and Son has to say. About Sam being chained. Unfortunately, we have no choice. Sam is in the back of our house. On a huge property, with a long.....long chain and a big.... i say BIG dog house to call his own. We live out in the country, surrounded by farm fields. But in the front of our house we have a busy road. We do not want to take the risk of Sam going on that road. That is why we have to chain him during the day.
And thanks to all the advice we get here from all the people being kind enough to share their experiences, and we, as a family trying to follow that advice with experiments, we and Sam are getting along better and better. It actually works  :D

Offline tanimara

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2005, 10:59:01 am »
Glad things are going better for you all.  I know the feeling on not being able to afford fencing.  An idea that may be of help.  If you live in the country then I assume there are no "guidelines" about how you can do your fencing?  If not, give this a try.  I have my dogs in a 4 wire electric fence (for the same reason).  This is the cheapest form of fencing you can have and it works well with a little fence training for the dogs, and yourself and kids..lol, .  Charger - $25 - $150, insulators, $2.95 a bag of 25, posts (4" metal rods with stabelizing wings on the bottom - .61 - .89 cents a piece place them 8" apart.  Electric fence wire - about $25.00 for a mile.  Any one can put one up (I did mine and Im disabled).  It can be added to or moved without major effort so you can expand it as you get the money.  I have an acre under fence and it's holding 4 Pyrs and some goats at the moment without problems.... If you interested in learning more, feel free to contact me offlist at tanimara@townsqr.com
Jackie Wood

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2005, 11:06:15 am »
everytime I buy puppy food I think of your baby! 
What a huge difference.  Still gorgeous. I love those colors.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2005, 11:10:54 am by lins_saving_grace »