Author Topic: Aussie mix  (Read 4198 times)

Offline AimeeSedlock

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
Aussie mix
« on: August 27, 2005, 08:54:00 pm »
Hi,

I'm new here, but wanted to ask about my new puppy, I got him at the shelter at 7 weeks. They said he's an Australian shephered mix.
His name is Kobi.he has more energy than any pup I've ever had, but I love him dearly.he's almost 4 months now.
Anyway, just wondered if anyone else had an Aussie mix, I'd love to hear about them

Thank you,  Aimee

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
Re: Aussie mix
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2005, 08:59:36 pm »
We have a purebred australian shepherd named Rocko, but have fostered aussie mixes. Lots of energy? YUP! Sounds like an aussie!! So good to hear you adopted from a shelter. Thanks for saving a life and welcome to BPO. we expect to see lots of pictures of your new baby soon.
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

Offline Jessdryden

• Supreme Drooler
  • My girls
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2005, 09:09:31 pm »
We don't have an aussie right now, but we had a wonderful aussie mix when I was a kid.  Her name was Ashley and we got her at a shelter too.  She was great!  My sister and I played with her all day and also did silly things like dressing her up and playing "horse show" with her.  She put up with it all!  She was a wonderful dog--such a part of our family.

Welcome to BPO--it's nice here!
Jessica and Sasha

Offline AimeeSedlock

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2005, 09:16:47 pm »
Thanks so much for the quick replys, I've never had an Aussie before, I asked my vet if all pups were as active as he is, it's been 13 years since I had a pup, anyway, she said,"oh no he's much more active than most pups". He's all black except for a little white on his chest. I will try to post a picture of him soon.
Oh one more thing, he really grew FAST, from 5 and a half pounds at 7 weeks to 22 pounds at 4 months, is that also an Aussie thing?

Thanks again for the replys.

Aimee

Offline Jessdryden

• Supreme Drooler
  • My girls
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2005, 09:51:56 pm »
He sounds really cute!  I'm not sure about how fast they grow or how active they are compared to other dogs.  I think that aussies are pretty active dogs.  We've had newfies for the last 12 years--pretty hard to compare the two.

Can't wait to see photos!
Jessica and Sasha

Offline AimeeSedlock

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2005, 10:00:40 pm »
Thanks for you thoughts, good to talk to someone with a love for dogs.
By the way, your dog is a real cutie. ;-)
Think I'm gonna really like this group..

Aimee

Offline Jessdryden

• Supreme Drooler
  • My girls
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2005, 03:50:59 pm »
Thanks for the compliment *blush* !

It sounds like ZooCrew has some pretty good advice.  I think that our aussie's job was to herd a basketball.  (Actually, I think we probably could have given her something better to do if we had thought to early on.)  She really kept the basketball in line!  It was actually pretty cute.

Jessica