Author Topic: Maia For Sale  (Read 10061 times)

Offline greek4

• Majestic Member
  • Kole with Maia, Baxter, Rocco, and Cody
    • View Profile
Maia For Sale
« on: September 01, 2005, 07:36:30 am »
Not really.  I could never get rid of her though I threatened her last night.

My house is neat, no nicknaks, nothing sitting around (only because it is for sale).  The only things that are laying around are the remote control to the TV and my cell phone.  Neither of which my dogs have ever bothered.  Granted, Maia will find a pen, crochet hook, screwdriver, or just about anything else and destroy it in 2 second flat.  Rocco only goes after food substances.

Last night, when I got out of shower, both dogs were sitting right outside the bathroom dog.  This isn't unusual because for some reason they think I might escape and run away while in there.  I stepped over them and happened to look in the family room.  What do I see??

What used to be my cell phone, my only phone, my contact to the outside world, chewed up and spread out into 4 pieces.  Needless to say it didn't work.

Since I didn't see her do it, I couldn't punish her.  I calmly went and picked it and when I turned around, the little princess was belly crawling, eyes averted, toward me.  I yelled at the phone and told it that it was a very bad phone.  Rocco watched me like I was crazy the whole time and Maia just layed there looking guilty as sin.

Then I got two dog bones and praised the bones and told them how great they were and gave them to the dogs.  What does Maia do, she ignores the bone? 

So, today, I am going to get a new phone, which I will keep high on a shelf whenever I leave the room from now on.  I think I might hide the remote for good measure too.

To add insult to injury, Maia went into heat early (before her spay date on the 21st).  The intact male pup next door is very interested in her.  Hopefully he is not smart enough to climb the fence and get into the pen to get her.  I fear for his life is he succeeds.  The neighbors have been warned and all he said was that if the dog went through all that trouble then he should be able to 'get some.'  What an intelligent remark! 

I don't think Rocco will allow another male to mount his sister but you never know.  Either way that little dog will get it.  Not to piss anyone off or make anyone think I am unhumane but if he does get ahold of her my vet is willing to do a spay/abort since adding a litter of unwanted pups to the world right now would not be a good idea. 

So, that on top of Rocco's barfing all over my new carpet, is what I have been doing this week..

Thank God, it is almost Friday.   ;D ;D ;D
Thanks,

Emily and 1 husband, 1 boy, 1 on the way, and 4 crazy dogs

Offline VdogLover

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
Re: Maia For Sale
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2005, 07:47:19 am »
To add insult to injury, Maia went into heat early (before her spay date on the 21st).  The intact male pup next door is very interested in her.  Hopefully he is not smart enough to climb the fence and get into the pen to get her. >>>>>>>>>

I'm sure he will find a way... if its a chain link they can mate without even being on the same side of the fence. Best bet is to not even allow her out without your watchful eye.

Offline greek4

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2005, 07:54:06 am »
I'm sure he will find a way... if its a chain link they can mate without even being on the same side of the fence. Best bet is to not even allow her out without your watchful eye.

That is what I heard but since I am selling my house Maia has to be in the outside pen.  Maia snarls at people she doesn't know, and smells when she is in heat so she can't be in the house when I am not there.  I know it is not fair to sacrifice her to just sell my house but if she wants to every eat again I have to sell my house.
Thanks,

Anakalia

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2005, 07:59:24 am »
OH my!!  It sounds like your week has been as interesting as mine!  I think you handled the destruction of the cell phone incident really well.  It does sound like Maia had guilt written all over! lol  At least she feels bad for what she did or is she an actress? lol  Koby "acts" like he feels bad but I know deep down inside he's laughing. 

As for the early heat, I never had to deal with it but I have heard if a dog wants a female in heat he'll get her.  So I really hope nothing traumatizing happens to Maia.  Good luck with everything, and hopefully next week will be better!

Andi

Nicole

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2005, 08:23:59 am »
Oh Emily! All I can say is that I'm sorry about your week, and I can totally relate to your stress. I hope it all works out well, girl! I'll be praying for Maia's virgin bootie! I can't believe how retarded your neighbors are.

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2005, 09:55:14 am »
Poor Greek4! What a yucky week. The long weekend is almost here so I hope that these last 2 days go better for you.  ;D
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline tonyc

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2005, 11:04:15 am »

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2005, 11:43:55 am »
8/31/05
final score: big paws 2, cell phones 0
Make that big paws 3...Samson ate my cell phone too!...greek4, It sounds like things are very lively there!

GR8DAME

« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2005, 11:56:43 am »
Perhaps your neighbors could "get some" money together to help you pay for the extra fee for a spy/abort. Since they don't feel inclined to be responsible for their animals actions. Even ugly six-graders know that if you play you pay.
Stella

Offline greek4

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2005, 01:18:00 pm »
My relationship is not too great with my neighbors.  The husband and kids love me, the wife hates me.  You see...

I had taken in two stray kittens, after I got them neutered, they stayed outside most of the time, they were good cats...very friendly...to friendly.
I guess they would try to get into their house and car (didn't find out until I got the note)
I got home from work one day to a note on my door telling me how my two cats got into their van and ate some lunch meat and frozen chicken, how annoying they always were, and how I needed to keep them in the house or get rid of them. 

If you have ever had a cat, you know once they get a taste of the outside world there isn't much that will keep them in.  I tried to keep them in for 2 weeks but they busted out of screens, scratched doorways and just created a general havic.  So, I took them out to the country and they now live in a barn at my friend's house.  One has since moved in with their neighbors' house.

So, it is very doubtful they would even take responsibility .
« Last Edit: September 01, 2005, 01:23:42 pm by greek4 »
Thanks,

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2005, 01:22:43 pm »
they left a note on your dog? 

And what worse is they leave lunch meat and chicken in their van.  Ewww.  Can you say botulism?

Offline greek4

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2005, 01:24:01 pm »

And what worse is they leave lunch meat and chicken in their van.  Ewww.  Can you say botulism?
Don't people ever leave notes on your dogs?
Thanks,

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2005, 01:27:03 pm »

Don't people ever leave notes on your dogs?
Oh I would have to say no to that one.  No one in the neighborhood wants to get within 50 feet of them.   they are of course "vicious" monsters.  All they'd really do is lick someone to death...but I doubt there would be an opportunity to pin or somehow quickly attach a note (and a sticky note wouldn't stay until I read the morning poop)

Offline greek4

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2005, 01:39:57 pm »
My Dad is coming over this weekend and we are going to put plywood halfway up the inside of the pen so the guy next door can't get her through the pen.  It is 10 ft tall so it is doubtful he can get over it.  Hopefully,  my house will sell in the next week before she is standing.   :-\
Thanks,

Offline greek4

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2005, 06:19:50 am »
Things are better today.  I shelled out some major bucks for a new phone yesterday, it is identical to my old one.  My neighbor agreed to keep their boy in during the day unless they (the adults in the house) are supervising him.  They actually seemed to understand and want to be helpful.  I've had a couple more showings of my house, no takers yet but everyone has seemed to have something nice to say (or at least my realtor is not sharing if it was something mean). 

Now, my only issue is that I have to go out of town, while Maia is in heat before her spay.  The dogs will be fine but I will still worry about them.  I'll leave early one morning and return late the next night.  I can't board Maia while she is in heat so my Dad will come in the am feed and put them away and come at night feed, let them run, then come back to put them to bed.  My Dad is a great guy and lives very close by.
Thanks,