Author Topic: Drool  (Read 11277 times)

GYPSY JAZMINE

Re: Drool
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2005, 02:02:50 pm »
Ya' know, we actually get into the drool thing here!...The other night the kids & I were sitting with the dogs in the family room & Samson had a string of drool starting...Pre tty soon it was like 1/2 way to the floor & I'm like "look at Sam's drool kids"!...We all watched in amazement & cheered Sam on (who had NO idea what the fuss was about) & took bets on whether or not it would hang to the floor...It broke loose about 2 inches from the floor...That's what passes for fun around here...I am such a loser! ;D LOL!

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2005, 02:04:56 pm »
Love the drool pic.

You guys are scaring me.  Just yesterday I was saying I am so glad that Gunther is not a drooler.  He does loose water when he drinks, and drools a bit if you have a treat, but otherwise, nothing.

Now you are telling me he will probably start drooling as he gets older?  My husband is just going to LOVE that.   :D

Offline Anky

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2005, 02:16:56 pm »
Sanity is the worst drooler EVER!  And it's nasty thick stuff too that he wipes on you and you can't fling off.  Think of the consistency of snot.  I don't have any pics of him drooling, but I have a LOVELY pic of what his slobber did to Hobo.

Araby is pretty bad sometimes, but she does it MAYBE once a month.  At the Deaf dog picnic last year she was HORRIBLE.  I just love it beause she's so stoic, and dignified and she's got slingers hanging to the floor.

Ang
« Last Edit: September 02, 2005, 02:20:20 pm by Anky »
BPO's Official Mistress of Mirth

Charter Member of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club

"And you will know us by the trail of skank."

Offline brigid67

• BPO Guru
  • Dream And Desire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2005, 02:26:24 pm »
ewwwwww...Will ow is not a drooler yet!

Blair

« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2005, 02:38:34 pm »
Ang those are great pictures. Both Grey nad Zeus drool a lot but I can never get pictures of it. By the time I get the camera their drool is on the other dog LOL I cant even wear white around them, cause if I do in like 3 minutes its no longer white LOL But it doesnt bother me at all, I say the more drool the better  :D

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
  • In Loving memory 12/30/05 8:30pm We miss you
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2005, 02:40:12 pm »
Dilbert leaves those slingers on Harley too, not as good and the one that Sanity got Hobo with. But when it dries it leaves her fur all clumped togeather.
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Dilbert(Pyr mix)At the bridge
Jolene (cat)

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2005, 04:20:45 pm »
Love the drool pic.

You guys are scaring me.  Just yesterday I was saying I am so glad that Gunther is not a drooler.  He does loose water when he drinks, and drools a bit if you have a treat, but otherwise, nothing.

Now you are telling me he will probably start drooling as he gets older?  My husband is just going to LOVE that.   :D
LOL!...My hubby will not give up on wearing black that drool shows up SSOOOOOOOOOOOO O well on!...I swear Sam wipes his mouth across Randy's leg on purpose too!....Randy says, "eeewwwwwwwww you slimed me"! :D

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2005, 04:23:00 pm »
Sanity is the worst drooler EVER!  And it's nasty thick stuff too that he wipes on you and you can't fling off.  Think of the consistency of snot.  I don't have any pics of him drooling, but I have a LOVELY pic of what his slobber did to Hobo.

Araby is pretty bad sometimes, but she does it MAYBE once a month.  At the Deaf dog picnic last year she was HORRIBLE.  I just love it beause she's so stoic, and dignified and she's got slingers hanging to the floor.

Ang

Ang, great drool pics!...My sister's black Collie looks just like that first one when he plays with Sam!

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2005, 05:53:01 pm »
Well, I'm used to drool from the dog park.  There are several good droolers there.  One reason I like to wear long sleeves.   ;D

But I am so hoping that Gunther will be a dry mouth dane.  But after reading these, do I have much hope?

Offline PupDaddy

• Paw-meister
  • Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2005, 08:13:13 pm »
Ya' know, we actually get into the drool thing here!...I am such a loser! ;D LOL!
You'er not a looser. That sounds like a fun family game. Loosers do thing like dress their dog in a pink dress ;D

(JUST KIDDING!!!!)

Offline Rocky's 'Rents

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2005, 08:29:18 pm »
We affectionately call it "slobberknocker s"!! Rocky mostly drools after drinking water and his water gets slimey and gross - THEN he comes in and looks at you so sweet and lays his chin on your leg - HIS CHIN FULL OF DROOL!!!! :o YUCK!!

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2005, 09:02:57 pm »
Ya' know, we actually get into the drool thing here!...I am such a loser! ;D LOL!
You'er not a looser. That sounds like a fun family game. Loosers do thing like dress their dog in a pink dress ;D

(JUST KIDDING!!!!)
:P :D

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2005, 09:21:27 pm »
Zoey is such a drooler. When water spills out of her jowels it doesn't bother me too much, but I hate the sticky ones. Yuck! I can't tell you how many times I have had to change before work because my pants have been slobbered beyond belief in the time it takes me to take zoey out for a last quick potty in the yard and get myself out the door.

One of these days I have to take a picture of zoey when she's excited about food. If we're eating something she loves the smell of like pizza or cheeseburgers she will stare at us with a line of drool all the way down to the floor.
RIP former BPO

Offline LaurieW

• Big Paw Certified
  • Bella
    • View Profile
    • Hands of Healing
« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2005, 07:37:42 pm »
Zoey is such a drooler. When water spills out of her jowels it doesn't bother me too much, but I hate the sticky ones. Yuck! I can't tell you how many times I have had to change before work because my pants have been slobbered beyond belief in the time it takes me to take zoey out for a last quick potty in the yard and get myself out the door.

One of these days I have to take a picture of zoey when she's excited about food. If we're eating something she loves the smell of like pizza or cheeseburgers she will stare at us with a line of drool all the way down to the floor.

Bella has taken Zoey's advice about drool to heart ....she is slobbering her water all over the floor out of the back of her mouth where the lips are loose....and she did the drool almost to the floor when eating a couple nights ago...... :D :D 

You should've seen the water all over the floor tonight - Bella found out she liked ice cubes, so stupid mommy put some in her water bowl - this made Bella very happy as she bit into the water to get the cubes & slobbered water on the floor; and her friend, Lucy, decided that she'd help the situation by pawing at the water that was left in the bowl & splashing it on the floor!!! :o ;D :o  Think they were trying to give me a hand cleaning the floor??? :D

Something much more gross than drool slingers happened with Dona (Rainbow Bridge)....she had a chronic sinus infection & would get long green things hanging from her nose ---  aaahg!!!  Where's the tissue when you need it??  Like when you're walking your dog in the park with green strings hanging from her nose & someone's kid is going - "oooooh, can I pet your doggie?"  ;D ;D ;D

Offline Leah-n-boy-os

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2005, 11:30:41 am »
Zeus is *pretty much* a non-drooler. About the only time he gets "foamy" (our oh-so-affectionate term for it) is when we are playing fetch or frisbee. He gets *very* worked up about his ball.

Apollo makes up for his brother. Yeesh!

Onyx...oh yeah, he's definately a drooler!

We had pizza delivered the other night. Now, we usually put the boys into a bedroom, (as your standard pizza-guy does not understand that 275lbs of dog chasing after them is not a sign of agreesion, but that the three mutants *really* want to be your new best friend. Really.) but apparently, my husband forgot one. He managed to get Zeus and Apollo into the kids' bedroom and shut the door just as I was opening the front door to accept our dinner, but Onyx was left uncontained as he lay by the couch in the front room. Our entryway leads straight into the front room. There is no obstruction of view from the front door to the family room. I leaned down to get the tip money out of my purse to hand to the nice delivery lady and saw a flash of black out of the corner of my eye. I whipped my head over in a flash of horror dreading that I would see Onyx bearing down on us......but the sight was not what I feared.

Oh no.

Onyx was contentedly sitting in his second-favorite pose, that of a bear, (his first being sprawled out, belly to the floor snoring.) with two of the juciest, longest, fattest strings of shoelace-drool hanging from his MOUTH TO THE FLOOR! (shoelace drool being the slimiest, slightly whiteish in color type) I turned back to the door, reassured that Onyx would not be plowing me down in an attempt to "make nice" to see the delivery girl fighting to contain her laughter as she says " Well, that's a sight sure to help you enjoy your dinner!" She accepted the tip, winked at me (!!) and strolled back to her car.

I closed the door and my husband and I burst into laughter!
Leah and the Boy-os
Apollo (Akita/St. Bernard)
Zeus (Heinz 57)
Onyx (Newfoundland)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Being owned by Big Paws just indicates how big your heart is.

located - Gig Harbor, WA