Author Topic: A very disturbing comment  (Read 5814 times)

Offline Jaimie

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
A very disturbing comment
« on: September 04, 2005, 03:48:01 pm »
  My Aunt was visiting on the weekned and and she was talking to my sister about my dogs and she asked her why I have "killer dogs".  That made me soooo angry.  For those of you who don't know me and my dogs I have 3, one dobie, one Dobie/lab and a valleybull/ boston terrier.  It is people like her that give dogs a bad name for NO reason.  I wish I had of been there to defend my family, I am so angry about it.

Here is a prime example:  My Aunt used to have a golden retriever and I have 2 nieces and 2 nephews and HER golden once bite my niece and guess what NONE of my dogs have EVER bit any children NONE never even thought about it, so who has the bad dog me or her?( her dog was not bad I am just proving a point)  I am not saying that goldens are bad cause they aren't and neither are MY dogs.  It just makes me angry, as you can tell.

I just had to express my feelings to those of you that feel my pain.  My dogs are not"killers" they are "lovers".  It really hurts to hear that about them.
  One more thing.....  My aunt commented that my Valleybull/ boston terrier was a pitbull and I said actually he isn't and she said "well his head is shaped like one so as far as I am concerned he is one", I fought with her long and hard over that one.

mcenter

Re: A very disturbing comment
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2005, 03:59:50 pm »
 >:( Ugh, i know...those comments are frustrating... I have 2 Golden Retrievers, a Pyr, and a Newf, and I love them all soooo much. However, my most gentle-mouthed doggie is Bailey, my Pyr, and then it would be my Newfie, Rocky...They are both more gentle than both my Goldens. I dont know why,.just the way they are. I have to remind my Goldens to be "gentle" when taking food from my hand. but never my others.   ...calling your pups "killer pups" is just silly.

Offline dgodden5459

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2005, 05:30:23 pm »
Jaime some people are just stupid. My family has always had big dogs growing up. After I left home my dad decided he wanted an ankle biter. He then got a Yorkie and named her Sissy. Well Sissy should of been named satan's spawn. She would bite at the drop of a hat. However she was very protective of babies. If a baby was laid down for a nap you had to make sure she was locked out of the room or you could not get close. Seriously I would be more afraid of a smaller dog than large one any day.
Deb

Gretchen the Rottie
Buttons the LLhasa
Macie who knows?

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2005, 05:35:27 pm »
I am so sorry to hear that Jaimie. What a horrible comment to hear- especially since your dogs are so well behaved. I hope that you reminded her of the time her golden bit her. Grr...sometime s people are so dumb!
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2005, 05:55:23 pm »
Ugh, I cannot believe how clueless some people are.  And from a relative.  My parent's may not have liked my choice of dog in Gunther, but they know better than to say anything about it, and they know I work very hard on training to ensure a well behaved dog.

That pit bull comment really irks me the most.  I was ready to go off on her, and I haven't even met the woman.  Right now I am muttering to myself.  I cannot stand people who have a bias on a breed for no reason at all other than popular consensus.  I will stop now before I start to ramble.

Icerotti

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2005, 07:47:30 pm »
That was not a nice comment Jaimie.  When I had my daughter we had two rottis. Some relatives made the comment that they were going to eat the baby. ::) WHATEVER!!

Blair

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2005, 09:56:14 pm »
That was not a nice comment Jaimie.  When I had my daughter we had two rottis. Some relatives made the comment that they were going to eat the baby. ::) WHATEVER!!

I get that all the time with Zeus....Some people just make me so  ?? >:( I am sorry some one made such a bad comment about your babies

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2005, 11:29:41 pm »
My babies are almost 7 & 8...I try to get my dogs to eat the "babies"..but they won't!...Damn the BIG dogs with a conscience!! :D

Offline Tulsas' Dad

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2005, 12:05:12 am »
When I was growing up ( still don' know if I'm there yet)
My childless Aunt and Uncle gave my parents 'advce' on how we should be raised!
Mom told them that she might listen to their advice, and I remember this vividly, "You don't even have a dog, how do you know how  to raise a child!"
Love is all you need--John Lennon
The scientific name for an animal that doesn't either run from or fight its enemies, is Lunch.--Michael Friedman

Icerotti

« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2005, 07:39:54 am »

I get that all the time with Zeus....Some people just make me so  ?? >:( I am sorry some one made such a bad comment about your babies

Yep....They look like they are going to eat the baby to me ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2005, 09:09:08 am »
Looks like they would protect the baby no matter what!!  Might want to ask your aunt to go get the baby ;)!

Offline Jaimie

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2005, 03:51:28 pm »
I know that I shoudn't let it bother me but it does.  I do everything in my power to make sure that my dogs( children) are well behaved.

Thank-you to everyone that feels my frustration, I knew you guys would understand :)  Some people are just sooo stupid.

Icerotti

« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2005, 03:55:25 pm »
I know that I shoudn't let it bother me but it does.  I do everything in my power to make sure that my dogs( children) are well behaved.

Thank-you to everyone that feels my frustration, I knew you guys would understand :)  Some people are just sooo stupid.

Your puppies could be the perfect angels and some people would still find something wrong. There are just those type of people in the world ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ( to me they usually aren't happy with themselves and want other people to feel bad too)

Offline Jaimie

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2005, 03:56:27 pm »
Doesn't it look like Ace is going to eat my nephew?  Yeah right.....

Icerotti

« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2005, 03:57:30 pm »
Doesn't it look like Ace is going to eat my nephew?  Yeah right.....

it looks like your nephew might eat the dog ;)..LOL Cute nephew ;D