Author Topic: Beauty's coat is finally growing out after the pups! YIPPEE!!!  (Read 7192 times)

Offline kildeskennel

• Paw-meister
  • Beautiful beauty
    • View Profile
    • Kildes Kennel
Beauty's coat is finally growing out after the pups! YIPPEE!!!
« on: September 05, 2005, 03:27:34 pm »
Beauty is finally starting to fill out after nursing 13 pups, her coat is starting to grow in, and is soft as ever!  Silky!  I love it!  Today were were taking opictures in the kennel, I wanted all of the dogs together, but it is hard to catch htem all in the "right" moment.  Amazingly enough when I said "HELLO!!!!  I want to take some pictures, the one I ended up getting right away was the one with all of them in a line, waiting their turn it looked like!  The rest are just ones of the two enjoying the nice weather, and Aidan who FOREVER has a toy toy in his mouth!
Happiness comes of the capacity to feel deeply, to enjoy simply, to think freely, to risk life, to be needed.
Storm Jameson

Offline kildeskennel

• Paw-meister
  • Beautiful beauty
    • View Profile
    • Kildes Kennel
Re: Beauty's coat is finally growing out after the pups! YIPPEE!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2005, 03:28:43 pm »
Last picture
Happiness comes of the capacity to feel deeply, to enjoy simply, to think freely, to risk life, to be needed.
Storm Jameson

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2005, 03:31:13 pm »
Great photos, they look like they are having a good day.
Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)

Offline kildeskennel

• Paw-meister
  • Beautiful beauty
    • View Profile
    • Kildes Kennel
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2005, 03:35:33 pm »
It is a great day!  This is my favorite time of year, almost fall!  Leaves are changing, grass is very green, not to hot not to cold, bugs are minimal, and the dogs love every minute of the nice climate!
Storm Jameson

Offline Jessdryden

• Supreme Drooler
  • My girls
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2005, 09:04:47 pm »
Great photos!  They look very happy!  :)

smohr

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2005, 09:34:59 pm »
First, beautiful dogs. SECOND - where did you find a dog house like THAT???  Is it a kit?  Can you order it?  Am I being too nosey?   :P

Offline kildeskennel

• Paw-meister
  • Beautiful beauty
    • View Profile
    • Kildes Kennel
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2005, 08:03:27 pm »
LOL!  My Husband is a contractor, and as such not only does he build beautiful things, but has teh added bonus of bringing home leftovers, and scraps.  When we built it, and yes I helped a bit!  He asked how big should it be, well I said 5ftx5ft.  He looked at me like I was insane, then said ok, well how tall?  I said tall enough that our oldest can stand up in?  She is 12 now.  So it is up on blocks so they can go under, and have actually dug a den there, about eight feet up at the highest peak of the roof, 6 ft at the lowest, fully insulated and tyvekked (sp?), half log siding and green trim is waiting for the corners, green steel roof.  Almost have the second one done in the division of the kennel, this one os only 3x3.  He built it as I asked in dimensions and I almost  sh** when he had it framed and walled in.  He said "well YOU said this big, big enough for the pups when they are older and mom and dad, big enough for the kids to be witht hem (the kids spend hours in their "yard") so here it is a very BIG dog house!  Iti s beautiful, I love it.  He is very talented.  We are building in 2 years, but recently have talked of building next year.  We heat with oil, and needless to say we are considering other options. 
Storm Jameson

Offline stryder

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2005, 08:30:34 pm »
Kildes,
This may push this thread into the off topic but I have heated and a/c'ed a 3,000 sq ft house with a "Water Furnace". The highest summer electric bill has been $160.00 and the highest in the winter was $320.00 when I did not use any wood as a back up.
The upfront costs are HEAVY but the way energy prices are moving it will pay in the long run.
THoM
Spay before the first heat NOT after the first litter.
Neuter before he runs away.

Offline kildeskennel

• Paw-meister
  • Beautiful beauty
    • View Profile
    • Kildes Kennel
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2005, 09:03:58 pm »
We are exploring options right now, and I will be sure my hun gets that info.  He was talking about something along those lines.  We also are exploring wind energy, we have 160 acres and the house we are in now is an old farm house 3600 sq in 3 levels.  Drafty and not economical at all.  Last winter after replacing 3 windows left us with ummm lets see...9 large ones to go, upstairs is another 10, and the basement itself is 1200 sq has 6.  We spent almost 1400.00 to heat for 6 months.  We also have a combo furnace so can burn wood too!  RIDICULOUS!!!!!  12 years in this home and time to get while the gettin's good as they say...Anyway back to the wind energy idea, we already have a tower, our wind mill and the cost was 2,000 roughly for everything to set it up.  That mabye could coincide with the idea you gave....I will have to let the brain behind the building know...I am almost illiterate when it comes to this stuff, but ask me anything medically, nursing, I can do that!  He and I make a good team!  He builds for a living, I take care of sick and ailing.. ;)
Storm Jameson