Author Topic: Anyone In Portland, OR?  (Read 12948 times)

Offline MurphDane

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
Anyone In Portland, OR?
« on: September 06, 2005, 03:29:32 pm »
I would love to meet some fellow Big Doggy people in my area.  My name is Lisa, and I have a 18 month old Great Dane named Murphy who would love to play with some buddies.  Let me know if you are around here or if you know of anyone who is!  Thanks!   ;D

Offline glamournewf

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone In Portland, OR?
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2005, 06:01:39 pm »
I live in Tigard with my Big Boy (7 1/2 newfie). It would be great for a get together sometime. Hope you have a great day.

Christy and Barron

DakotaMom

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2005, 06:25:45 pm »
I live in Beaverton with Dakota and Jade. We would love to get together some time.

Offline Lucysdad

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2005, 09:15:13 am »
Nikki, Lucy, Mutt and I live close-in NE (near 15th and Freemont) with a school yard across the street. There's a big dog gathering nightly or, if anyones up for a play day I'll make coffee (maybe bake something). We've thought it would be fun to do a regular weekend brunch for big dogs, small dogs with attitude, and their people.
Lucy's Dad (Gene)

Outside a Dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside a Dog it's too dark to read. -- Groucho Marx

Offline Leah-n-boy-os

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2005, 09:23:45 am »
HHHHEEEEEEELLL LLLLOOOOOOOO DOWN THERE......... .............

I'm up here near Tacoma, WA. A little far for an evening get-together, but if you plan a playdate on a weekend, I'd love to come down and play too!
Leah and the Boy-os
Apollo (Akita/St. Bernard)
Zeus (Heinz 57)
Onyx (Newfoundland)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Being owned by Big Paws just indicates how big your heart is.

located - Gig Harbor, WA

Offline shan100

• Gnawer
  • Lucy Lou and Virgil
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2005, 12:53:55 am »
We live in the SE of portland. Virgil is a great dane mix he is about 110 lbs. He would love to play. Mt Tabor park is our backyard. Where do you take murphy?
Virgil Frances

Offline MurphDane

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2005, 02:28:01 pm »
Ok, well, I owe everyone an apology for starting this post and then totally abandoning it!  It turns out that I picked a really bad time to post this....My skin-kid started kindergarten that week and the next week, Murphy had what was supposed to be a minor surgery to remove a growth on his foot, except that it's been 2 weeks now since the surgery and the wound isn't healing, so he is still in a bandage and unable to play!  However, I really WOULD like to get together at one of the local parks or something once this is all sorted out.   :-\  We are in Tigard also, so I think we're probably pretty close to Barron, Dakota & Jade.  (But not too far away from Virgil & Lucy either!)   :)  I guess I will post again and see if you all are available/interested once Murph has healed enough to be able to play again....  Hope to meet you all in person soon!

Lisa & Murphy 

DakotaMom

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2005, 10:21:35 pm »
Don't worry about it Lisa, you need to get Murphy healed up. We try and hangout at the park a couple times a month so I will post the next time we head out to the park.

Offline BABY HUEY

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2005, 10:30:42 pm »
LOUIE AND I LIVE IN BEND, BUT MY PARENTS LIVE IN AMITY, NEAR PORTLAND.  I VISIT THEM OFTEN AND WOULD LOVE TO BRING LOUIE TO PLAY.  MOST OTHER DOGS ARE TOO INTIMIDATED TO PLAY WITH HIM AND BECAUSE HE'S STILL A PUPPY HE ALWAYS WANTS TO PLAY WITH OTHER DOGS.  HE LOVES TO PLAY WITH MY PARENTS' YORKIES.  IT IS SO SWEET HOW GENTLE HE PLAYS WITH THEM  ;D

DakotaMom

« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2005, 10:34:02 pm »
That would be great if we could have a bunch of big dogs take over the park.

Offline MurphDane

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2005, 01:25:14 am »
What parks do you go to anyway, Denise?  I know they must be fairly close to me too, since you're in Beaverton.  I saw your pics from Luebsher (sp?) Farm, where is that?  I have only taken Murphy to the dog park in Wilsonville a couple of times, but I know there are a couple of them in Tigard too, I just haven't made it there yet. 

Side note:  Louie is absolutely adorable, and Murphy would love to play with him!  I've never met a Neopolitan Mastiff, so we would love to hang out sometime! 

Offline BABY HUEY

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2005, 01:26:27 am »
I'm thinking about visiting my parents on Tuesday. Maybe Tuesday evening or Wednesday we could meet for a doggie greet :)

DakotaMom

« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2005, 01:36:13 am »
Leusher Farm is in Lake Oswego not to far off of I205. We mostly go to there because it is a large park with a pathway around it and the pet owners seem to be a bit more educated in doggie etiquette than owners at some of the other parks.

There are a couple of tables and a few trees at the entrance however you do have to bring your own water.

http://www.portlandpooch.com/dogparks/luscher.htm

DakotaMom

« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2005, 01:41:59 am »
I work nights, so I do do a late morning thing.

I'm thinking about visiting my parents on Tuesday. Maybe Tuesday evening or Wednesday we could meet for a doggie greet :)

DakotaMom

« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2005, 01:00:22 pm »
bump