Author Topic: A poor Pyr with an uneducated owner  (Read 6894 times)

Offline Saintgirl

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
Re: A poor Pyr with an uneducated owner
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2005, 06:59:33 pm »
My only hope for the little girl is that he will continue to come to the park and continue to meet more responsible dog owners that will also try to explain to him that what he wants to do isn't the responsible thing to do. I think that was the only motivating thing keeping me from tearing the pup from him and running off like a mad woman. Thanks everyone for listening to me vent and reminding me that their ARE people like you in the world that don't consider dogs as property but members of our family that we could not go without. :)
Leah, Hutch, and Abbey

Offline NewfieLover

• Gnawer
  • *Newfoundland*Lover*
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2005, 09:44:17 pm »
Poor girl.. :( Their is people in this world that just should not be pet owners and he is one of them. If all he cares about is making money off that dog then you have to figure he doesn't treat her well and he apparienty did not research the breed at all before he decided to purchase her because i could have sworn they dont come in black :-\ I got both of my Newfys at a local Petstore i worked at because i felt sorry for them because they were so depressed arriving there and i knew they would have good homes with me.and the store also said they got them from "breeders" but after i bought the dogs some co-workers did some research of where the dogs came from and it is spost to be from a Puppy mill :'( But my babies are good with me!

Nicole

« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2005, 01:16:42 pm »
Newfielover-

Not to be confrontationa l or anything...but ...um, I read in your Paw Prints that you bred your two Newfs?

I guess that's kind of what we're talking about here...buying dogs from pet stores (puppy mill puppies) and then breeding them. Kind of irresponsible. ..