Author Topic: Loving the art... here's some of mine  (Read 7982 times)

Offline AC

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
Re: Loving the art... here's some of mine
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2005, 12:29:55 pm »
Great work! Love the nightmare, add a gorilla and I had that dream!! And the sharks are awesome. Here's the last painting I did.

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2005, 12:42:03 pm »
Wow! You guys are all great artists! I'm afraid the artistic gene skipped me, too. My mom is a much-better-than-average artist and is supreme at her new passion: stained glass. My sisters are both good artists, too. Me, not so much. I'm creative, but not artistic.
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

Offline hugo~monster

• Big Paw Certified
  • Giants- companion-protector-inspiration-friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2005, 12:48:00 pm »
the "nightmare" is unbelievable!!!  i love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  i love the way one "spook" fades into the next one and they all intertwine like a puzzle-very much like a real nightmare-one fades into the next and there is no definate distinction between them and also the fact that you made the "spooks" naked!  lol! when i used to dream (for some reason i have no dreams now just one in which i am smoking a cigarette-i quit several years ago and long to smoke one to this day) i would find myself naked and lost in some nightmares.  (weird? yes it is...).  but i love this drawing of yours!!!

the wood pile is great too!  i find myself drawn to that because it is a familiar scene here in the "country" and splitting and stacking wood is common place. 

the flamenco dancer is beautiful.  i have never been able to do people very well in my art.  i would loved to but animals always comes easier to me. 
~SHELLIE & HUGO~

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2005, 12:49:20 pm »
Those are all really cool!

Offline Newf Lover

• BPO Fanatic
  • Cool dog + Cold beer = Chilled Out
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ryanbrumley.com
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2005, 03:20:06 pm »
the "nightmare" is unbelievable!!!  i love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Thanks Hugo, I've gotten a lot of positive responses from that drawing.  I just hung a big piece of paper I had ripped off a roll on the wall and started drawing.  I pieced the images together over a period of several days.  That wasn't my intent at first but it kind of evolved into that.  Everything kind of does a counter-clockwise spiral around that shark head.  I have done that puzzle method in some other pieces with some good success.  You can see more of my stuff at:

http://www.ryanbrumley.com

Under the "stylized" section there's a puzzle picture that is titled "Lust".  I won't post the image here for obvious reasons, but I worked the image to create another image within it.  Kind of like those pictures where the image is made up of a whole bunch of other images.  I like to draw things that not only look good but are fun to look at or tell a story.  I guess that's why I lean more towards Illustration. 

It's really cool to see everyones artwork and you all should be proud of your work no matter your skill level or style.  I like Photo Realistic and Abstract Art equally, as long as the artist takes pride in what they do and aren't trying to BS me.  It's not easy to display something you created for the world to see and judge.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2005, 04:54:46 pm by Newf Lover »
My Newfoundland Lives My Life As Passionately As I Live His.

Offline Newf Lover

• BPO Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2005, 05:21:26 pm »
Great work! Love the nightmare, add a gorilla and I had that dream!! And the sharks are awesome. Here's the last painting I did.

AC, your wood painting is great!  Is that water color?  Wood is so hard to draw realistically, it is so tedious!!!  It looks like you spent a lot of time on that one, all those angles and perspectives, very well done!  God, I'm getting inspired by all of this great work.

Offline AC

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2005, 09:30:26 pm »

AC, your wood painting is great!  Is that water color?  Wood is so hard to draw realistically, it is so tedious!!!  It looks like you spent a lot of time on that one, all those angles and perspectives, very well done!  God, I'm getting inspired by all of this great work.

It is done with acrylic used as water colour on water colour paper. I basically done the whole painting with size 0 to 1 brushes and it's 24" x 16"! There is alot of hidden detail you cannot see from the snapshot. One of the few paintings I have ever done that reveals more of itself as you move closer to it. My wife had to finally tell me I was finished or I would still be painting it (as with 90% of my paintings). And your website is now very high up on my list of inspirations. I am fasinated by illustrations and someday I might try one. Oh and the wood (splits) were the hardest for me to get the way I wanted them so I layed down a base of graphite to get the subtle shades of the washed out sundried yellow, not quite driftwood but close. I've done plenty of practice painting wood, here's another.

Offline hugo~monster

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2005, 10:06:10 pm »
AC, i love this door and boots painting!  i expect my papaw to come walking out of it!  it looks so real i think i could push it open and go right on it!  i bet there IS alot of detail that is not seen in the photo.  nice!
~SHELLIE & HUGO~

Offline AC

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2005, 10:39:11 pm »
AC, i love this door and boots painting!  i expect my papaw to come walking out of it!  it looks so real i think i could push it open and go right on it!  i bet there IS alot of detail that is not seen in the photo.  nice!

Hugo, that is an actual "store" (fishing shack) in Petty Harbour (Newfoundland) and there is literally thousands of them dotting every bay and inlet. I just love the weathered wood!

Offline MustLove Dogs

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2005, 11:41:05 pm »
WOW amazing work guys!!! You're all soo talented!!!!
"The more boys I meet the more I like dogs"

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion"

I'm blonde... whats your exc

henrysmomma

« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2005, 11:47:55 pm »
WOW, you guys all do such amazing work. I paint and draw, unfortunately I'm dramatic, so everytime I get upset I throw out all my art... :-[ As of now I have nothing to show, even if I did, I'm horrible and I would never post it ;D

Rose

Offline MustLove Dogs

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2005, 11:53:11 pm »
WOW, you guys all do such amazing work. I paint and draw, unfortunately I'm dramatic, so everytime I get upset I throw out all my art... :-[ As of now I have nothing to show, even if I did, I'm horrible and I would never post it ;D

Rose

Haha, yeah... I draw sometimes... but I'm not good and would never post either... my stuff would look like a pre-schoolers drawing compared to every elses stuff!!
"The more boys I meet the more I like dogs"

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion"

I'm blonde... whats your exc

Offline Newf Lover

• BPO Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2005, 07:22:05 pm »
I am fasinated by illustrations and someday I might try one.

Hey AC, any Illustration attempts?  I'm looking forward to seeing some new BPO art.  I'm working on some stuff right now, will share it soon.  ;)  Ate dinner in San Fran last night at a place called "Scala's".  They put that butcher paper on the tables so I went to work after dinner on some sketches for the waiters.  Did I mention I had drank a few Martinis and several glasses of wine?  Some how the tabletop drawings always end up being perverted... Oops!  ::)
« Last Edit: November 28, 2005, 07:25:47 pm by Newf Lover »

Offline AC

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2005, 07:53:47 pm »
I am fasinated by illustrations and someday I might try one.

Hey AC, any Illustration attempts?  I'm looking forward to seeing some new BPO art.  I'm working on some stuff right now, will share it soon.  ;)  Ate dinner in San Fran last night at a place called "Scala's".  They put that butcher paper on the tables so I went to work after dinner on some sketches for the waiters.  Did I mention I had drank a few Martinis and several glasses of wine?  Some how the tabletop drawings always end up being perverted... Oops!  ::)

No illustration attempts yet, but I feel it is in my future. My only roadblock is starting. I have a very difficult time starting any artistic projects, I find I am overwhelmed by my own ideas.
We have a restaurant here that uses sketch paper as tableclothes too. Everytime I start a sketch there it always ends up being the same old man in the foreground, fishing shack/warf being pounded by the surf in the background and a couple of seagulls flying overhead!! Maybe a few drinks will turn that old man into a woman!! Here's a painting of the Lower Battery (fishing Village in St. John's), excuse the reflection of my ceiling lights and the camera flash! I'll post a watercolour painting later.

Offline hugo~monster

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2005, 08:18:44 pm »
Newf Lover, beautiful picture!
~SHELLIE & HUGO~