Author Topic: CindyJ..a couple of pics of Samson  (Read 3017 times)

GYPSY JAZMINE

CindyJ..a couple of pics of Samson
« on: September 11, 2005, 10:43:36 am »
Here is my 1st Pyr at 3 & 1/2 months, 5 & 1/2 months, 9 months, & a current shot.

Offline cincbcat

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
Re: CindyJ..a couple of pics of Samson
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2005, 12:46:21 pm »
I had to ask, since my girl is 5 1/2 months and you have a pic here of yours at the same age, do you remember how much he weighed then?  Sadie weighs about 63lbs now and I just wanted to know if that seemed normal.  Also, her Mom weighed 115 and her Dad weighed 130.  Does that mean she will weigh at least what her Mom weighed, or perhaps in between both parents?  I wasn't sure if that was totally genetic or if it can vary just like humans.  I LOVE YOUR PICS!!!!
Rachel

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2005, 08:57:23 pm »
I had to ask, since my girl is 5 1/2 months and you have a pic here of yours at the same age, do you remember how much he weighed then?  Sadie weighs about 63lbs now and I just wanted to know if that seemed normal.  Also, her Mom weighed 115 and her Dad weighed 130.  Does that mean she will weigh at least what her Mom weighed, or perhaps in between both parents?  I wasn't sure if that was totally genetic or if it can vary just like humans.  I LOVE YOUR PICS!!!!
Rachel
I'm not sure what  he was at 5 & 1/2 months...I'll call my vet tomorrow & ask though & get back to you...I am not sure but I'm thinking weight is genetic in our dogs...Both your dog's parents were big dogs as per standard...So, she should be a big dog...Keep in mind though that bigger isn't always better as far as hips & joints go...The smaller the Pyr the less strain on the frame which is better for your dog....When I was reseaching Pyrs I heard much about the 150-160 lbs. Pyr but from what I know now that kind of thing is very few & very far between & that's a good thing!!! :) Thanks for the compliments on Sammy Whammy's pics!...I'm pretty partial to him too! ;D

Kiahpyr

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2005, 09:04:09 pm »
Rachel

Hope you don't mind me chiming in here. I have a pyr who just turned 6 months on the 8th on and weighed 63lbs. Sadie's weight is normal. They normally gain around 10lbs a month. Kiah's mom was 100lbs and her dad was 125lbs. The breeder thinks she'll be in between them.

Offline Stephanie

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2005, 09:04:09 pm »
Oh, Sammy is sooo cute. I love the first one, his eyes look sooo cool!! :)

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2005, 10:00:47 pm »
Rachel

Hope you don't mind me chiming in here. I have a pyr who just turned 6 months on the 8th on and weighed 63lbs. Sadie's weight is normal. They normally gain around 10lbs a month. Kiah's mom was 100lbs and her dad was 125lbs. The breeder thinks she'll be in between them.
Kiahpyr, chime in all you want!!! ;D ;D That sounds right to me!...& steph, ty for the compliment!...I love those sweet puppy eyes too! :) :) :) ;D

Offline CindiJ

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2005, 12:35:52 pm »
What a beauty!  I can't wait to see how my "little" one turns out.... Your dog is breathtaking.. .. Like I said, I have no idea what attracted me to the breed, but whatever it was.... it was magic!  This is the best dog that I have ever owned in my life!  Thank you for the pictures! they were awesome!  :D Can't wait for the snow time here, I think that Eowyn is going to just adore it