Author Topic: She IS Be My New BABY!!!! EEEEE!  (Read 17725 times)

smohr

Re: She May Be My New BABY!!!! EEEEE!
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2005, 09:39:11 pm »
Elena and Rosalie were names of ex-girlfriends of my husband before we were married almost 29 years ago (my how time flies) so those names aren't ok.   I like Mia...hmmm.  This is hard to come up with a name.

smohr

« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2005, 09:42:29 pm »
She is in Long Beach.  That very far from you?  I'm too tired to calculate right now; I'll look it up on msn. maps tomorrow.  I'll let you know when I find out more and when I start out and return w/her.

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2005, 09:46:20 pm »
She is a sweetie!...Congrats!...how about Pepperoni...Pe pper for short?...lol! :D

smohr

« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2005, 10:45:18 pm »
lol; pepperoni...ha haha...NO!   :)My neighbor's dog was Pepper and the most annoying dog ever until I started "training" him.   ;) The neighbor left their dog out in the yard in a 10 x 15 pen year round and threw food at him.  No attention at all.   >:( I started petting him, talking to him, giving him treats so that when Pepper barked all I had to do was open a window and say, "No bark, Pepper."  He would stop. 
One day when I let my Katie out (the older dane) I didn't hear Pepper and went to the fence, called him, no response.  Got the ladder, looked over and Pepper was lying there dead.   :-[ I noticed he had no water and the neighbors were gone!  They had let Pepper go w/o water in the summer for 2 days and didn't ask anyone to water him.  I turned them in to the Humane Society and all that happened was a small fine.   >:(Pepper would bring too many bad memories.) 

Besides, Pepperoni gives me heartburn...  ::)

Offline Kirsten

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
Re: She IS Be My New BABY!!!! EEEEE!
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2005, 10:55:06 pm »
I LIVE IN LONG BEACH!!!!!! i have been keeping an eye on roxie online for a long time.  Noahs ark is all over the place here, i see them and their pups all the time.  We should get together when you come get her.  there is a dog beach here, but she may be too upset with all the changes for something like that.  i wish i had a spare room to offer you guys while you are here, but alas i have only a couch, which you are more that welcome to.  Our little town here in my side of long beach (called belmont shore) is really dog friendly.  you can go in all the stores with your pups.  anyhow, let me knwo when you are goign to be here, and let me know if you need anything at all!!

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2005, 12:16:20 am »
Wow! That is such wonderful news. I can't believe that you are going to drive across the entire country though. That is true dedication.  ;) She is a doll and I am so happy that she is going to have a great life in a happy and safe home. Can't wait to see pics once you get her home.
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline Teresa Marie

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2005, 05:45:02 am »
I like "Mia" too!

Then you could call her "Mia Bambalina"  wich means "my little girl"
Bambina means Baby Girl,  Bambino means Baby Boy.  Bambalina means little girl, Bambalino means little boy... but yah, that's obvious. hehehe

Icerotti

« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2005, 07:33:13 am »
What a wonderful thing you are doing. She looks so sad. Please post lots of pictures. Good luck on your trip to get your new baby. ;D

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2005, 08:25:11 am »
Wow that really makes me want to drive across the country too! I just need a reason! :D

smohr

« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2005, 12:23:41 pm »
Wow!  Kirsten, you live in Long Beach?  Can you look up the hotels that allow dogs for me and let me know the ones on BPO?  I've gone online and it's taking forever.  I'll be staying a day or so to let her get to know me before we travel.  Have you seen Roxie??   

smohr

« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2005, 12:25:34 pm »
Teresa Marie, I actually thought about Mia and Bambalina; well that may be it!  Confirmation!!  I don't want to call her Bambi for short.  Ha!

Anakalia

« Reply #26 on: August 31, 2005, 12:27:33 pm »
You AMAZE me!!!  To drive across country to save a scared little pup is awesome!! I've got tons of respect for those who go out of thier way to save an animal in need!  Congrats on the new baby, and yes I wanna see pics too.  That one that's posted now just makes me so sad, she's scared half to death in that pic!!  Can't wait to see pics of her when you get her to come out of her shell!!  Have fun with the little girl. ;D

Andi

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
  • In Loving memory 12/30/05 8:30pm We miss you
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2005, 02:26:29 pm »
Congrats!  ;D And good luck on the trip
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Dilbert(Pyr mix)At the bridge
Jolene (cat)

Offline dober_gurl

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2005, 02:36:01 pm »
Kallavi means big and I love that name! When I get my CO or St. Benard when I'm older then that's what his/her name will be! But anyways congrats, she is so beautiful can't wait for more pics of the beautiful girl!!
"None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed"

Maggie-Doberman
Molly-Papillon
Mickey-Mutt
Collin-Kitty
Sunny-Amazon Parrot
Squishy-Guinea Pig
Harper/Lyric-Rats