Author Topic: Finny was a hit at the vets!  (Read 6758 times)

Offline mamadog

• Big Paw Certified
  • This is me and my Finn
    • View Profile
Finny was a hit at the vets!
« on: September 13, 2005, 09:36:37 pm »
All is well with Finn, otherwise known as Captin Drippy Beard. His weight is up to 102 (wich is still low for an 11 month old IW) and he's healthy other than the flea allergy BUT I got him Frontline finally so he should be fine. I'm still giving him allergy pills and powdering his butt a few times a day! What a geek he is! But everyone at the vets office fell in love...people forgot about their boring old poodles to come and meet him. "He's so well behaved for a puppy his age!" one woman said. Ofcourse he is, he's my baby!!
And by the way, Frontline better be great and I mean GREAT... not one single flea will I toletate in my home or on my dogs.... $85! I'm going to find a place on line to order it. It must come cheaper than that! That's $15 a month per dog.... 2 doses for each girl and 3 for Finn. Had I know I would have just shaved them!! On the phone she said $15... she didn't say I could only buy it in packs of 3... Man.  But I'll be glad I did it when I don't have to powder Finns bum anymore!

Vicki

Offline mamadog

• Big Paw Certified
  • This is me and my Finn
    • View Profile
Re: Finny was a hit at the vets!
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2005, 09:53:01 pm »
I didn't even think of that! I did give each one a full dose. I have been doing flea baths, brewers yeast, garlic...anyth ing I could think of. I even resorted to picking the feals off by hand once cause I didn't want to irritate his skin by bathing him again. I will keep a good eye on the all and see how it goes. If they stay flea free I won't dose again and I'll try splitting a does between them. How long after a dose does it take for the fleas to die? They got theirs at about 4 today and they're all still scratching.

Vicki

nickerbokker

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2005, 10:07:10 pm »
OKAY, i might be the only one....

BUT WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  YOU UP AND LEFT!  I HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR YOU.

if you've been here an i missed you, then i've gone stupid.  forgive me lol

glad to see you post!!!

and yeah for finny!

dohertyswissy

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2005, 08:20:05 am »
OF COURSE he was a HIT!  How cute is he?!?! 

BTW - We need updated pictures!!

Offline mamadog

• Big Paw Certified
  • This is me and my Finn
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2005, 08:45:59 am »
Nicker!!  My computer went on strike, probably because of the long hours I was making it work! So I shut off my internet (since it doesn't do much good without a working computer). I've got it fixed enough to do SOME things and I get free internet through school now but it's DIAL UP!!!  I only get 50 hours a month so I'm still not on much.... But I have missed you big much!
So no, it's not just you... I have not been here, but I'm getting back into the swing of things!

Vicki

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2005, 10:33:27 am »
You know what else works great for fleas in your carpet?? Boric Acid. It's CHEAP! You can get it at the grocery store, just sprinkle it on the carpet, bare floor, your couch, dog's bed, etc. Rub it in, wait a couple hours, then vacuum it up. It will not only kill the fleas, but spiders, flies, roaches - anything that touches it.
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

Nicole

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2005, 10:39:06 am »
Hehehehehe, Vicky, I was wonderin' the same thing as Nicki! Its good to see ya, girl!