Author Topic: Kia 4 months old Bullmastiff X Cane Corso mix  (Read 7903 times)

Offline orion5221

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • Kiahali
    • View Profile
Kia 4 months old Bullmastiff X Cane Corso mix
« on: September 14, 2005, 12:39:52 pm »
So we have had Kia for a month now.... and she is doing well. She is housebroken  :), sleeping thru out the night, and  sleeping late on weekends!  She is smart ( has learned sit, down, wait, speak,loose leash walking and is working on jumping into the car) We just got thru having a UTI and it was back to the vet today.  In the last couple of days she has gotten some "spots" at first it was on her belly only and I thought it might be a staph infection, but yetserday she got one on her head, so off to vet.  She has demodectic ( sp) mange... poor girl . Should be all gone after a couple of dips.

I just switched her to adult food. She was eating Eukanuaba Large breed Puppy, and I switched her to Solid Gold Wolf King... anyone else using this?  She was the runt of the litter and at this point is about 35lbs .  ( her mom was 85, and dad was 140)

I have raised lots a dogs, and i have found the "gaurding breeds" tend to have more seperation anxiety issues... does anyone else find this to be true?  Kia does want to be around me at all times, and if I leave throws a fit. I have been working with her and giving her a high value treat and leaving for short periods. ( when I have to go for a longer time I crate her).  and she is showing signs of improvment.
She is a wonderful pup...
LA & Gang

Offline MustLove Dogs

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
Re: Kia 4 months old Bullmastiff X Cane Corso mix
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2005, 12:46:56 pm »
Aww... she's such a cutie!!

I wish you the best of luck

-Samson's Owner
"The more boys I meet the more I like dogs"

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion"

I'm blonde... whats your exc

Offline GrumpyBunny

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2005, 12:53:13 pm »
Hi Orion,

We are on the Solid Gold Wolf King for our guys (2 year old St. Bernard mix & 6 year old German Shepherd mix, both just over 100 lbs.).  We just recently switched over from the Hund-N-Flocken and are liking it so far, no problems....
*Founder of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club*

DakotaMom

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2005, 01:05:08 pm »
Kia is very cute. I look forward to seeing more pictures of her. I feed Wolf King to my Newf/Lab mix. He has had some stomach issues but seems to be doing well on it.

Offline Rachel

• BPO Guru
  • Sophie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2005, 01:48:59 pm »
Aw she is cute!  Be sure to post more pictures :)   We think that sophie might either be a cane corso mix or a mastiff mix.  When we first brough Sophie home she had bad seperation anxiety but she has gotten so much better.  We always leave on the T.V. (on the cartoon channel  :D) for her.  I think having the extra noise helps.
Rachel and Sophie

My new venture...
www.seasidequi lts.etsy.com

My blog for Sophie, crafting, and life in general
www.seasidequi lts.com/blog