Author Topic: Does your dog do this too?!!  (Read 14138 times)

Offline Newf Lover

• BPO Fanatic
  • Cool dog + Cold beer = Chilled Out
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ryanbrumley.com
Does your dog do this too?!!
« on: September 15, 2005, 10:31:18 pm »
Ok, my dog is a dork.  Many mornings I wake up and I look on the floor and Drake is on his back with his legs in the air!  It is so hilarious, my wife and I laugh and laugh, it's actually a good way to start the day.  Why do they do this?  Are they airing things out?  Stretching?  Does it just feel good?  It kind of like how some dogs lay on their belly with their back legs flat on the ground.  Someone, please inform me!  I gots ta know! ??? ;D
My Newfoundland Lives My Life As Passionately As I Live His.

Offline Jeska

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
Re: Does your dog do this too?!!
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2005, 11:05:36 pm »
Haha my dog does this too. Only she doesn't sleep like that she likes rolling on her back when guests are over  ::) or when she's playing with her ball and she hopes showing off her belly will entice us to play with her. She covers her belly with her tail after she gets her hair cuts though. Maybe without the fuzz she gets cold.  :P

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2005, 11:06:25 pm »
I know this one!!!...I know this one!!!...Pick me!!...lol...What you have there is a dog that is secure in his envoirment or he wouldn't display his vunerable underside...He re is Pippin doing the frog boy thing. :)

Blair

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2005, 12:07:45 am »
Great photos  :D My boys do that very well!! Crazy doggies. The life of a dog, so rough  ::)

Offline pndlake

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2005, 12:37:25 am »
HeeHee, after my kids grew up and left the nest, I tried that same routine for my husband.  Believe me, it got me more than a doggie bone. ;D ;D ;D
Peggy

Offline taijinrr

• Big Paws-a-holic
  • we breed for quality, not quantity.TOP PEDIGREES,
    • View Profile
    • http:www.taijinrhodesianrhodesianridgebacks
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2005, 04:10:33 am »
i sulrly do  they all do this  a sign of a content and happy dog
TAIJIN Rhodesian Ridgebacks

Offline Moni

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2005, 05:06:23 am »
Oh yeah, they all do it occasionally.  However that's Tenchi's main sleeping position.  ;D
BPO does not have my permission to use my photos.

Offline lil rufus

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2005, 05:14:04 am »
oh yes all the time!!!!

Offline taijinrr

• Big Paws-a-holic
  • we breed for quality, not quantity.TOP PEDIGREES,
    • View Profile
    • http:www.taijinrhodesianrhodesianridgebacks
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2005, 05:31:12 am »
dont ya just love it all the happy dogs snooozing
TAIJIN Rhodesian Ridgebacks

Offline brandon

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
    • HaveParrotWillTravel.com
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2005, 07:46:09 am »
Great pictures! I think I should bookmark this thread, and if I'm feeling stressed just pull it up and look at the pictures of the peacefully sleeping dogs.
“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.”

Offline Anky

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2005, 07:50:44 am »
HeeHee, after my kids grew up and left the nest, I tried that same routine for my husband.  Believe me, it got me more than a doggie bone. ;D ;D ;D

OMG OMG OMG! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA ;D  I'll have to remember that trick!
BPO's Official Mistress of Mirth

Charter Member of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club

"And you will know us by the trail of skank."

Offline Newf Lover

• BPO Fanatic
  • Cool dog + Cold beer = Chilled Out
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ryanbrumley.com
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2005, 08:37:43 am »
Oh man, I'm glad I started this one, all of these pictures are great!!!  I guess Gypsy was right, it's a sign that a dog is content and comfortable in his environment.  I like that some of your dogs do it when they're sitting with the family.  Almost looks like a submission pose.  Drake only does it when he's sleeps on our bedroom floor at night.  I hope some more pictures come in.  I love the one of Rufus as a fuzzy little butterball puppy, crashed out on his back in the kitchen after a big dog meal.  And Moni, your Avatar is awesome!  Tenchi and that little screaming kitten is just great.   What a great dog!  A closer view of their faces would be hilarious!!! ;D ;D ;D  Also, I think this resolves the "should dogs be allowed on the couch" debate.  Looks like most of you don't mind the fleabags up there.  Neither do we.  ;)
« Last Edit: September 16, 2005, 08:53:45 am by Newf Lover »
My Newfoundland Lives My Life As Passionately As I Live His.

Offline orion5221

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • Kiahali
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2005, 08:44:21 am »
aspen spends 90% of his time like this :)
LA & Gang

Offline Moni

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2005, 09:00:15 am »

Tenchi and that little screaming kitten is just great.   What a great dog!  A closer view of their faces would be hilarious!!! ;D ;D ;D

Glad to oblige!  :D  Tenchi just loves little things, kittens, guinea pigs, ferrets, even a hedgehog at the Pet Rock Fest!  lol  He has no idea that he probably scares the heck outta them.   :-[  He actually had a kitty fan club at the other farm we lived at!  Whenever he went outside and layed down, they'd all run over to him and curl up or rub against him.  Tenchi was cautious though, because most of the cats were orange tabbies, and some  would "explode" on contact.  ;)  So he would creep up to them slowly, making sure they didn't explode.  lol

This was a farm kitten that was the only surviving one of her litter.  :(  Someone dropped a young mama off, she was only about 6months old herself.  I went to bring Spencer to school and I hear mewling out in our yard and there are newborn kittens scattered all around it!  Mama ran up to me, totally oblivious.  :(  So I collected them all and fixed up a doghouse with blankets and food and water, took the babies and put them and Mama in our pen so she couldn't get out. She was doing great for a couple days, but then she brought them all out and left them in a rainstorm.  I went out to check on them and they were all soaked and freezing.  We tried to dry and warm them, but sadly only that little orange one made it.  Luckily she found a loving home with an artist who visited the farm for a commercial shoot.  :)

*Side note*
We had a chainlink pen for a potty area, but town law required shelter in any pens.  Our dogs are not outside dogs, I can usually barely get them off their couches!  lol  Also the reason that the cats couldn't come in was because Jay is deathly allergic and has severe asthma attacks when around them.  All local shelters are full of stray farm cats, and if you bring them in they are automatically PTS.  So we were doing the best we could in our situation.   :-[
BPO does not have my permission to use my photos.

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2005, 09:17:10 am »
Wow, Tenchi really makes me want a Great Dane!  :D

Here's Nigel "airing things out"...

;D