Author Topic: Monthly Photo Contest: October is all about Halloween!  (Read 28504 times)

lins_saving_grace

Re: Monthly Photo Contest: October is all about Halloween!
« Reply #75 on: October 16, 2005, 11:09:39 pm »
Oh Lord he is cute!   Look at those peepers! 

he's going to be hard to name. 

you should start a name picking thread.

Offline brandon

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
    • HaveParrotWillTravel.com
« Reply #76 on: October 16, 2005, 11:22:56 pm »
The new guy is some kind of mixed breed, not a newfie.  At this point I'm not so sure this is going to work out with this fellow. I swear to god, he is acting like a cross between a jack russell and a pit bull, and we're just not really into small hyper loud dogs.

I hadn't had my first cup of joe this morning, and he is jumping up in the air bouncing off of me over and over and over and over, oh and yapping.  Tennis anyone? :)

We'll give him a chance and work on some training, but wowsers what have we done  :-[
« Last Edit: October 16, 2005, 11:24:26 pm by brandon »
“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.â€

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #77 on: October 16, 2005, 11:27:57 pm »
Grace is hyper too.  She's starting to grow out of it.  I hope he gets better for you.

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 17, 2005, 01:04:36 am »
I feel for you guys.  Maybe he will settle down after a little while.  I had one rescue that just did not work out with Sugar Bear.  I knew within a few hours that they just did not mix.  Nellie jumped on Sugar Bear he hurt his leg when he fell.  From then of he would run and hide from her. She is now the joy of my brothers family, the second he was with his other two dog they hit it off fine.  How old is this new little guy?  Maybe he will learn to calm down from Bava.

Lisa
Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 17, 2005, 01:19:23 am »
That is great that she is willing to take him back if needed.  When I picked up Nellie the lady told me they would spend the night in Montgomery so If it did not work I would only have a three hour drive to bring her back. Well when I called back after I let he know it was not working she told me to give it more time, they had gone home.  Then she did not answer my next three calls.  When someone did answer they told me to talk her to the shelter. :(  That made me so very mad that they claimed to love this girl but once she was out of site out of mind.  I should have known something was up when she wanted to kiss Nellie goodby and the dog did not want any part of it.  Anyway now Nellie is very happy in her new home.  After that I knew the best thing for me to do for Sugar Bear was to get an 8-12 week old puppy so he could learn to play with a sister who would not hurt him.  With his pano it was very hard for him to play at times.  He was my little old man at age 9 months.  Now he would be lost without Dixie and she hates it if she does not know where he is for 5 seconds.  Maybe Bava needs a puppy with the same type personality that he has.  Good Luck!  Oh, by the way Dixie has dug up 6 landscape light and chewed up 4 pr. of workgloves.

Lisa

Not sure on age, he was born under the office building of the lawyer who was fostering him, Mom had been dropped off there, disappeared for awhile and came out finally and it was evident that she had pups. The lawyer said that the place she works is industrial and dogs get dropped off left and right. That folks fight pit bulls there and use the strays as "practice" for the pits (that irks me to no end). So we really don't know his heritage. She said his mom weighs about 35 lbs and looks like a spaniel. :S He has webbed feet, like SERIOUS webbed feet, so he comes from some sort of water dog from somewhere....

Bava loves playing with him, but he's so freaking hyper! In about 5 minutes, he chewed thru a video cable and speaker wires, attempted chewing thru our projector cord in the living room, which I quickly made disappear....w e'll work with him....the lady did tell us that if for whatever reason it doesn't work out to bring him back....
Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)