Author Topic: California get together  (Read 59104 times)

Offline Newf Lover

• BPO Fanatic
  • Cool dog + Cold beer = Chilled Out
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ryanbrumley.com
Re: California get together
« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2005, 09:34:00 am »
Ocean Beach in San Francisco is unfortunately not a dog friendly beach.  Right next to it is Fort Funston, which is basically another huge beach and it is where you can take your dog off leash.  It might be an ideal spot for the Nor Cal get together.  Not only could we have a big space for dogs to play, people could spend a day in one of the best cities in the World.  There's Golden Gate Park, Chrissy Field, the Embarcadero and so much more to do with your doggie.  Yes, I'm biased because I live in the Bay Area, but regardless of where the chosen spot is, there's going to be a lot of people who would have to drive several hours to attend.  SO, I'm thinking why not San Francisco?  It is an International destination and there's so much to do.  Imagine walking your Big Dog across the Golden Gate Bridge?  How cool would that be!  The view is going to be obstructed soon by a proposed suicide barrier and the bridge will not be the same, so it might be something people want to do before it changes.  Also, I saw there's a lot of non-Californians who would love to attend.  If it was at San Francisco, they could make a weekend trip out of it, maybe even go up to the Wine Country.  I grew up in Napa and I could be a good winery tour guide.  Just a thought, what do the rest of you think?
My Newfoundland Lives My Life As Passionately As I Live His.

Offline Bear

• Paw-meister
  • The Bear Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 09, 2005, 09:59:42 pm »
Hey I'm in Ryan.

nickerbokker

« Reply #32 on: May 11, 2005, 07:30:47 am »
well, you just sold me on san fran!  really am not up for the drive, and probably wont be able to come once the date is set since the dogs wont fit in the back of my car at the same time (I NEED A TRUCK, WHO WANTS TO GIVE ME A TRUCK!), but i want to come anyway!!!!!!  IT SOUNDS LIKE SUCH A WONDERFUL PLACE NOW THAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT IT!

i'll have to attend the no cal and so cal events!

waffles717

« Reply #33 on: May 11, 2005, 07:51:52 am »
Hello,maybe you could help me i have a saint she is 5mo,old is great her name is maggie,and i was thinking of getting another? how will she ack? it will middle of 8/5 she 7mos tihen we just lost a dog it was sad,i love the saints it is so great so does my husband,but don't if he wants another,i do think it would be good for her? what do you think i have her on shed off it helps,my breeder is having pups,?they would get along so good is this true?? ??? ::)thanks help me talk this into my husband ??? ;)may :o

Offline Newf Lover

• BPO Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 11, 2005, 08:34:13 am »
Hey Nickerbokker, if you really, really want to come you could rent a truck.  Hertz rents pickups for pretty good prices.  Although, you do live in Burbank so you might want to opt for the So Cal meeting.  The Hwy. 5 drive is nothing for me now, I have done it so many times that driving the 7-8 hoursit takes is nothing.  I'm going to do it in 2 weeks, Novato to Temecula, OUCH!  It's a straight shot for the most part so it's no big dea and I'll have Drake with mel.  We'll eat tons of Beef Jerky and load up on Mt. Dew - well, he won't drink that.  How scary, a Newf jacked up on Caffeine!

nickerbokker

« Reply #35 on: May 11, 2005, 08:43:07 am »
Hey Nickerbokker, if you really, really want to come you could rent a truck.  Hertz rents pickups for pretty good prices.  Although, you do live in Burbank so you might want to opt for the So Cal meeting.  The Hwy. 5 drive is nothing for me now, I have done it so many times that driving the 7-8 hoursit takes is nothing.  I'm going to do it in 2 weeks, Novato to Temecula, OUCH!  It's a straight shot for the most part so it's no big dea and I'll have Drake with mel.  We'll eat tons of Beef Jerky and load up on Mt. Dew - well, he won't drink that.  How scary, a Newf jacked up on Caffeine!

i will think about it!  i totally could rent a truck!  i could just come up for the whole weekend i guess, the kids would LOVE IT.....althoug h i would have to get doggles first!

the newf jacked up on caffenie comment made me choke on my spit!

if the event happens soon, i'll be there!

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 11, 2005, 12:03:54 pm »
Stay tuned for more details- we should have a decisive meeting place in No. & So. Cal by the end of the week!
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline pndlake

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 11, 2005, 02:40:24 pm »
Hi, well Ft. Funston beach sounds great.  I would love to get out of the heat of Fresno for a day.  Are there any hotels or motels in the area that don't cost an arm and a paw  ???.

Oh yes, my daughter's fiancee is a captain, not a chief like I originally said and he works at Novato Station #1.  Yes, I bet a Novato fireman has a chusie job, however, he thinks it is like "Ladder 49" so I better not say anything.

I can't believe they are doing that to the bridge.  How stupid.  They will just find someplace else to jump and we will lose a national icon.  ughh

Peggy
Peggy

nickerbokker

« Reply #38 on: May 19, 2005, 11:47:09 am »
if we have a so cal get together.....i got another person with 2 beautiful pooches to join us!  she wont drive up to SF, but she'll do it down here.....

Offline jabear

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 19, 2005, 06:35:48 pm »
Ok....August.. ..the beginning....f irst So. Cal then No. Cal. How does that sound?
Hugs,
Jaime

nickerbokker

« Reply #40 on: May 19, 2005, 07:01:45 pm »
YEAH....it sounds like a perfect plan!  i cant wait!

Offline Newf Lover

• BPO Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 20, 2005, 09:03:24 am »
August is perfect, we'll be around for that.  Hopefully it won't coincide with the 17th, our Anniversary or Labor Day.  But we'll have to wait and see

Offline rockettgirl68

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • chance precious an john
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 21, 2005, 06:09:33 pm »
aww man i live in south jersey althought chance would love to play but i dont think my five kids would be so happy being couped up in a minivan an chance just might decide the cushions were edible lol have fun
http://p2.forumforfree.com/furbabies.html
a place to talk about all your pets regardless what they are

Offline jabear

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 02, 2005, 05:20:09 pm »
So how do these dates sound....

Southern Ca BBQ- July 30, 2005 @ 1:00 p.m.- Hunington Beach

Northern CA BBQ- August 6, 2005 @ 1:00 p.m.- Fort Funston
« Last Edit: June 02, 2005, 05:53:04 pm by jabear »
Hugs,
Jaime

nickerbokker

« Reply #44 on: June 02, 2005, 05:35:24 pm »
OMG THATS SO SOON!!!!!!!!  date and place is perfect, but am i still allowed to come...ya know, being the mutant that i now am?