Author Topic: Maia gets spayed  (Read 7251 times)

Offline greek4

• Majestic Member
  • Kole with Maia, Baxter, Rocco, and Cody
    • View Profile
Maia gets spayed
« on: September 21, 2005, 07:26:19 am »
I dropped Maia at the vet this morning.  She will get her yearly shots, spend the night and get spayed tomorrow.  I don't pick her up until Friday.  I got her excited to go in the half hour drip in the car.  Maia's excitement consists of looking at me like I'm crazy as I sing a made up song about Maia going to the vet. 

She was good when we got there, you heard me right, Maia was good at the vet.  Granted the actual vet wasnt' there yet only two woment.  I took her own muzzle just to be prepared.  She only acted a little scared when one of the girls took her but I think it was because the girl has papers in her hand and reached for Maia by leaning over her.

I asked about Maia having an odd number of nipples and they looked at me like I was insane.  So, I will assume that is ok to have uneven nipple numbers. 

Rocco threw a fit about having to go into the shed without Maia and proceeded to bark and whine.  My poor stay at home neighbors are going to love me tonight.  I sold my house today so the dogs can now stay in the house again during the day.  Everyone pray for the poor vet who Maia hates and proceeds to attempt to eat everytime she sees him.   ;)
Thanks,

Emily and 1 husband, 1 boy, 1 on the way, and 4 crazy dogs

Offline waffles717

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
Re: Maia gets spayed
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2005, 07:36:39 am »
We Hope you are Feeling better,you should be running around,soon,you need some kiSS!! From Mommy!!!!!!!!
This Beethoven, he went to vet yesterday, he is 36 pound and only 9 weeks old!

Kiahpyr

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2005, 07:42:04 am »
Good luck Maia! Here's to a good vet stay and a fast recovery.

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2005, 08:00:54 am »
Good Luck!
Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)

Icerotti

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2005, 09:18:37 am »
Congrats on selling your house!
Wishing Maia a speedy recovery :-*

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2005, 09:36:25 am »
The vet's on his own!...lol...My prayers go out to you, Rocco & Maia...She'll be just fine I'm sure but it's hard to leave them & poor Rocco!...Samson whined for one of the few times I can remember when I took Pippin to get him fixed on Monday...I am so happy for you that you sold your house!! YYIIIIIPPPPPPP PEEEEEEEEEEE!! ;D

Offline greek4

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2005, 11:35:39 am »
Just called, Maia has slept in the kennel all day and just looks up when any walks in.  I don't think the vet has gone back there yet so I can't wait to see how she reacts to him.

Thank you for all the prayers.  I agree the vet can fend for himself.  It's not Maia fault she thinks he is scary even though he is like a big teddy bear.   ;)
« Last Edit: September 22, 2005, 02:29:33 am by greek4 »
Thanks,

GR8DAME

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2005, 02:13:36 pm »
Congrats on selling the house, Emily. And glad that Maia is doing well. Guess we'll be seeing you soon up my way.
Stella

Offline greek4

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2005, 02:31:35 am »
Called the vet again.  I am that annoying owner that calls all the time.  Maia did well through her surgery and is slowly waking up now.  She is waking up a little slow but not slow enough to worry too much.  I might get her back tomorrow afternoon but I have to call again.  Which made me think that her waking up too slow is not good but I trust the vet.

Rocco is pathetic without her and can't get close enough to me.  I have my friend's 4 year old tonight so she can entertain him. 

I will be in Chicago on Oct 12.
Thanks,