Author Topic: OK Judges turn for the "BIG SNIP"  (Read 13455 times)

GYPSY JAZMINE

Re: OK Judges turn for the "BIG SNIP"
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2005, 03:50:22 am »
OK Judge is screwed. LMAO (OR NOT) Gypsy That was way too funny!!!
My poor boy though. I feel like crying. He is so swollen and looks VERY SORE. He is doing OK though.  :'(
Coonie
Oh that poor boy!...Pippin was fixed last Monday & I had to take him back Sat. because he just wasn't comfortable & was licking too much...He either had a reaction to the betadine or had some clipper burn...They gave him some pills with a mild antibiotic & prednasone...H e is back to himself now...Give Judge a big hug from me! :)

Offline jules

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2005, 07:04:48 am »
Spotakiss sends his best wishes and hopes all is well.Im sure he'll be back to his old self in no time.Spotakiss was.

Offline coonie1970

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2005, 07:48:05 am »
I think Judge may have a bit of a fever. His nose feels fine but I noticed he feels quite hot. Is this normal?? Also, this may be a really silly question but Im sure you guys have heard it all. HEHEHE
Is his scrotum (how do you spell that?) supposed to be so swolen? Also, I always thought that they removed the testicales ( spell ???  ::) ) by the look of things he still has his ??? or is it like a vasectomy??
Coonie
Karen :) Image hosting by Photobucket

Offline Rocky's 'Rents

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2005, 07:51:52 am »
Rocky looked swollen for a few days too. When a part of your body experiences trauma, fluid rushes there to protect it and start the healing and to fight off infection so that is normal. A slight fever is probably seen frequently but if it seems high or it persists, it might be the start of infection and you would need to call the vet.

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2005, 08:03:23 am »
I think Judge may have a bit of a fever. His nose feels fine but I noticed he feels quite hot. Is this normal?? Also, this may be a really silly question but Im sure you guys have heard it all. HEHEHE
Is his scrotum (how do you spell that?) supposed to be so swolen? Also, I always thought that they removed the testicales ( spell ???  ::) ) by the look of things he still has his ??? or is it like a vasectomy??
Coonie
Randy said the exact same thing about Pippin...about the vesectomy because it looked just as you are describing...T hat was last week...Now it's the size of a grape...lol!

Offline coonie1970

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2005, 08:12:50 am »
Judges are the size of small base balls.  :'(  :'( My son said OMG that must hurt. I guess from a guys point of veiw.... He said it made him really sad though to see Judge with a BOOBOO.
SOOOO.... They do remove them??????
Coonie

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2005, 10:57:07 am »
Hmmmm.  Maybe you went to  the Beverly Hills vet who puts in fake ones so their owners can brag about their dogs?   Judge could still walk about and be "manly"!  OH!  the fun of living in Southern Calif.!

Hope Judge is feeling better soon!!!

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2005, 11:01:35 am »
Judges are the size of small base balls.  :'(  :'( My son said OMG that must hurt. I guess from a guys point of veiw.... He said it made him really sad though to see Judge with a BOOBOO.
SOOOO.... They do remove them??????
Coonie
I think so Coonie...Pippi n was not THAT swollen...But he is younger than Judge too I think...Pippin is 7 months...That sounds rather sizeable...I hope the swelling has gone down by tomorrow.

Offline coonie1970

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2005, 09:24:33 pm »
Judge is feeling better this morning. He chased the cat. Good sign. He is still quite swolen though.
Would it be really wrong to post a picture?  :-[ I want you guys to see how bad it looks.
Coonie

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2005, 01:43:10 am »
Judge is feeling better this morning. He chased the cat. Good sign. He is still quite swolen though.
Would it be really wrong to post a picture?  :-[ I want you guys to see how bad it looks.
Coonie
I'm glad he's feeling better...I don't see any problem with posting a pic of his sore bits...This is a dog group after all & dogs get neautered & we, of coarse, have our concerns...Go ahead! :)

Offline coonie1970

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2005, 05:01:58 am »
Ok Ill take your word for it.
 :'(  :'(
Coonie

Offline coonie1970

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2005, 05:05:29 am »
I must say something here. I think it was really cruel to wait this long to get Judge fixed. I feel awfull and wish I would have done it when he was a puppy. I really didnt know it would look so bad.  :'( My poor baby!!
Coonie

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2005, 06:27:01 am »
I must say something here. I think it was really cruel to wait this long to get Judge fixed. I feel awfull and wish I would have done it when he was a puppy. I really didnt know it would look so bad.  :'( My poor baby!!
Coonie
Don't waste time beating yourself up over it!...Pippin was 7 months when we had him done...I'm not sure how old Judge is but many dogs get fixed when they are oldre than puppies...Anyw ay, WOW!...That does look sore!...Pippin had a reaction to the betadine used to prep the area for surgery & I had to take him back in but he didn't even look that sore!...Is Judge licking alot?...I hope soemone else who has had more experience in this area will look at the pics & chime in on whether it should be that red & swollen...Anyo ne?

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 29, 2005, 06:27:17 am »
OMG!!!  Poor, poor Judge!!!  Poor YOU, Coonie!!  I can understand why you've been so worried!!! What does the vet say?  Is it normal?  I'm going to show that pic to darling husband because he wants to wait to get Chester clipped...and I think sooner would be better than later!!!  Guess you can't use icepacks, huh......

Lyn

« Reply #29 on: September 29, 2005, 09:09:20 am »
OUCHIE! I would say that is not normal. I've seen many dogs after being neutered (I used to work at a vet clinic) and none ever looked like that. That has to be painful, poor Judge. I would definitely call your vet.