Author Topic: OK Judges turn for the "BIG SNIP"  (Read 13446 times)

Offline coonie1970

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
Re: OK Judges turn for the "BIG SNIP"
« Reply #30 on: September 29, 2005, 09:46:08 am »
The swelling has went down a bit. I am going to call the vet in the morning though if it isnt any better by then. They told me that if it got any bigger or if it got redder to call but as bad as it looks it is better than yesterday. He is feeling a bit better. I want to cry every time I look at it though. Isnt it awfull??
Thanks so much for all the replies. I am going to start another post to see what everyone else thinks.
Judge sends big kisses for all his BPO friends!!!  :-*  :-*
Coonie
Karen :) Image hosting by Photobucket

GR8DAME

« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2005, 10:42:49 am »
Coonie,
I posted on the other thread as well, but a little more for you. Bandit (110 lb doberman) was 6 years old when he was nuetered because I had to take in his unnuetered sister when she was in full heat and had no way to separate them. I never intended to breed either one of them anyway.
Merlin was nuetered when he was three. He began to get aggressive towards other dogs and was marking his territory- better known as my living room. His incision dehised (split open) two days after the surgery because the vet I went to at that time didn't use stitches, only superglue. It probably worked great on mojos, or puppies, but not on 135 lb Great Danes! I took him to the ER vet and they used staples which worked fine.
In both cases, the swelling was minimal, no greater than that of the sacks before surgery, and never that inflamed. I would definetly call your vet.
Stella

GR8DAME

« Reply #32 on: September 30, 2005, 09:32:02 pm »
Anyone hear how Judge is doing? I hope all ours concerns are unfounded, and they are just fine.
Stella

Offline Gunnersmom

• Gnawer
  • Big dogs. . . big babies
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 30, 2005, 11:11:16 pm »
Coonie-

I had to laugh about your comment about the vasectomy, I said the same thing!!! When Gunner had his surgery at age 3, I fully expected him to come home without the "boys".  He looked much like Judge, all swollen and sore.  Don't worry, the worst part will be over soon, and it does shrink down to nothing.   I know sometimes we make the decision later in the dogs life, but to anyone considering having their pup altered, it is WAY easier on a puppy! Rudy was done at three months, and we couldn't even tell any surgery was done.  Give Judge a hug for all of us!
Until there are none-rescue one!