Author Topic: im new here  (Read 5776 times)

angelsmama

im new here
« on: September 22, 2005, 07:03:42 am »
I just joined up, I have 4 dogs. A 2 yr rottie mix named Angel, an 11 dalmatian named Dotty, a 3 yr old chow mix named Chewie, and an almost 6 yr old hiusky mix named Bruiser. My other fur/scale kids is a kitten named Annie, a ball python named Hydra, and a guinea pig named Porky. Hope to make some friends here! ;D :) :D

Offline Phillips

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • Dixie & Brutis
    • View Profile
Re: im new here
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2005, 07:11:22 am »
Welcome to BPO. My name is Beth and I have 3 dogs and one on the way and two birds . Dixie, Boxer 5 months old, Dan 5 yr old chihuahua and Dewey 2 year old chihuahua, spike, tiel and max quaker. I am gonna get a male brindle boxer in Jan or Feb. he isnt born yet. His name will be Deuce. Hope to see lots of pics of your babies we love pics here.
Boxer slobbers from Dixie and Brutis

Kiahpyr

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2005, 07:16:36 am »
You'll fit right in here. I love this place! Everyone is so helpful. I have a great pyrenees named Kiah, 3 cats, and 2 bearded dragons. Welcome aboard!

angelsmama

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2005, 07:21:49 am »
Here's my babies..  Bruiser is the black one and Chewie is the red one.  Then theres my rott mix Angel and the dal is my Dotty. The baby of them all is Hydra he is 5 months and 20" long.

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2005, 07:56:40 am »
Wow!  Fascinating family!  I know nothing about snakes in general or Hydras at all!!  At little education would be great!  Your dogs are beautiful!!!

I have two Newfoundlands: an almost 3 year old Landseer (black and white) and a 7 month old brown.  They are both males.  We also have 4 skin kids and 3 insane "pound cats". 

Welcome to the group!

angelsmama

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2005, 08:09:26 am »
Thanks  :) Hydra is ball python, he eats 1 small mouse a week (frozen/thawed, live is very dangerous for snakes). He's 20" right now, he hatched April 12th of this year. He sheds every 4-6 weeks for now, and getting ready to shed again any time now. He will top off around 3-4 feet.  If you noticed in the picture of Angel, her hair on her neck was a little thin  :(.  She had demodetic mange show up when she was 9 months old. It was a bad case then, this last time was just a tiny bit on her neck and was luckily treated in only 1 dip  :). Hopefully that's my babies last case of it. I hated when she had her 1st skin scrape at 9 months :'( :'( She was whimpering and had me  :'( watching my poor baby hurt and knew it was for the best. 

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2005, 09:22:01 am »
Hydra's colors are beautiful!!  How does a live mouse hurt him (?)  Is because he's so young? 

Poor Angel!  I've heard that mange is awful and it's so hard to get rid of!  Good job that she's getting better!

angelsmama

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2005, 09:24:04 am »
Live mice can bite snakes, since they have such limited space to move, I've seen horrible pics of snakes from live mice  :'(. It can sometimes kill the snake  :'(.

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2005, 09:31:02 am »
Wow!!!!  incredible!  Who knew!!!

angelsmama

« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2005, 09:32:50 am »
OOPS i almost forgot to show off my little kitten :D

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2005, 09:34:48 am »
She beautiful!  Looks like a silver tabby!

angelsmama

« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2005, 09:37:41 am »
her mom was a siamese, dad a tabby. her mom was hitby a car when she was 2weeks old  :'( she doesnt look it but she was 3 1/2 months old in that picture :( shes a real small girl , was bottle raised, but shes happy and healthy

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2005, 09:40:36 am »
You are doing an amazing job with some real challenges!  I have one of my pound cats on my lap as I write with the Newf puppy trying to nose him to get him to play!  Silly animals!

angelsmama

« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2005, 09:49:27 am »
we have her brother , oliver,  and trying to find him a home. hes a real sweetie.

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2005, 01:26:19 pm »
Welcome to BPO. 

I absolutely LOVE ball pythons, and want to get one someday.  Hubby is afraid of snakes, so I will have to keep it a secret.   ;)  ;)  ;)

I have a husky/shep mix Keiko, she's 7.  Also a 10 mo old great dane puppy Gunther, and my 12+ year old cockatiel, Lacy.  Oh, almost forgot my horse Pepper.  She's 21 and lives with my parents.

I've also heard live mice can be bad for snakes b/c of diseases they carry can make snakes very ill.  Of course hand raised mice probably don't carry disease, but you never know.  When I worked at the zoo, one of the favorite jobs was to feed the snakes.  Watching them "catch" and eat the frozen mice never ceases to amaze me.