Author Topic: Angus starts obedience classes......  (Read 4305 times)

Offline AC

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
Angus starts obedience classes......
« on: September 22, 2005, 07:40:47 am »
This Monday is orientation for the owners and then the first class is next Saturday. It is clicker training and get this, it is a class of 6 dogs and 4 of them are NEWFS!!!! All the newfs are within 2 weeks of age as well. I'm excited and I'm sure Angus will be over excited! ;D

Icerotti

Re: Angus starts obedience classes......
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2005, 08:29:39 pm »
Oh Angus you will have so much fun!!! That is great there will be other newfs.
Farley was very reserved at first by the end he was in there playing with the other pups.

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2005, 10:26:49 pm »
Oh Angus will love that!...He will understand the Newf puppies style of play...I wish I could watch!...Pippin was to start classes last night but we had to call off on the 1st class as he was still acting uncomfortable from his recent neuter...We will start next week instead...I can't wait!...Good luck to you & Angus!!

Kiahpyr

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2005, 11:00:27 pm »
Good luck Angus! Kiah and I started classes last night. She did very well. There was a lab newfie cross. He's so cute! He's smaller then a newf, but has the newf face. His name is Echo and is 4 months old. I'll try to take pictures next time.

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2005, 12:18:46 am »
I wish you and Angus the best of luck! Please, please take 1000 pics of his classmates.
So many Newfies....I am jealous. Are any of the littermates of Angus?
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline AC

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2005, 01:27:23 am »
No littermates of Angus. There is a good chance Dory, the female newf Angus has already met, will be there and a brother and sister newf plus Angus. My wife and I are going together (one for training, one for pictures LOL).  It should be exciting, all those newfs together, could end up being lifetime friends!!!

Offline Jessdryden

• Supreme Drooler
  • My girls
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2005, 10:52:44 am »
Oh how fun!  We can't wait to see your photos and hear all about it!  :)

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2005, 06:36:55 am »
How are the classes going with Angus?
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline AC

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2005, 08:55:39 am »
Angus has been 1 class so far - last Saturday. His classes are every Saturday. He did great his first class, only tried to jump up on the instrutor twice!! Paid attention to me for 50 minutes of the hour (got bored the last 10 minutes and wanted to play with the other Newfs). Thats right - other Newfs!! 3 other Newfs and Angus in one class. They are all littermates, Angus is 5 days older and taller than all of them (he's getting kind of gangly). No pictures though during class as it was the first one and everyone was concentrating on the lessons. My wife did take a shot video and a couple of pics but none of them came out any good. :( Maybe this Saturday we'll get some good pics to post. After class Angus and Dory went to the dog park (right next to the training place) but we couldn't stay long as a Chocolate Lab was very aggressive with Dory.

Offline sarnewfie

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
    • HarborWinds Newfoundlands and Stain Glass
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2005, 08:39:13 pm »
When my newfs start to get bored i pull them out of class early, they are not learning anything anyway, the most i will work mine in a class is fourty minutes, than, i go sit on the sideline after ending his session in something he does well, after going outside for a bit of a cooling down walk.
i also encouraged giant breed dogs in my class to do this also when i taught at our all breed kennel club.
Photography by Christine
http://harborwinds.fototime.com/PHOTOS FOR ORDERS

HarborWinds Newfoundlands&Search and Rescue
http://www.geocities.com/Petsburgh/Haven/4505