Author Topic: Pics of Finn  (Read 12896 times)

Offline mamadog

• Big Paw Certified
  • This is me and my Finn
    • View Profile
Pics of Finn
« on: April 18, 2005, 10:37:59 am »
Here are some shots of our new fur baby

Offline newfdog

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
Re: Pics of Finn
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2005, 09:39:30 pm »
Absolutely aDORable! Could he be any cuter?  :)

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2005, 09:54:33 pm »
I love him!
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline moonlitcroatia

• BPO Guru
  • Betti Boo March 2008
    • View Profile
    • Greta's Page
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2005, 10:09:50 pm »
He's great!  When I was a child I was absolutely fascinated with the encyclopedia picture depicting a six-foot tall man standing with an Irish Wolf Hound's forepaws on his shoulders.  The hound was towering over him.  It was so neat, because I was so small I could imagine this dog would be like a pony.

So, is that a Chesapeake Bay Retriever in the photo with Finn?  Is he/she also yours?  Can you tell me a little about the Chesapeake...? :)
I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love.  For me they are the role model for being alive.  ~Gilda Radner

Offline poofynewfy

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2005, 10:35:09 pm »
I just want to take him home. I love him.

Offline mamadog

• Big Paw Certified
  • This is me and my Finn
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2005, 11:44:00 pm »
The CBR in the back ground (good eye) is my lovely friend Mandy's boy Amigo. (taht's mandy in the pic). I don't know much about the breed in general, but I know Amigo is a great dog. He is smart and fun, great with other dogs and cats and LOVES to learn tricks! In one afternoon Mandy taught him to bow. She stands in front of him, puts her hands together like she's praying and bows to him. He drops his front legs down and bows back...and it took an hour or so to teach him. He's very smart. He played so well with Finn and taught him how to play ball. I actually found a pic of a CBR/IW mix and sent  it to mandy. She printed a little copy of it and tells everyone it's Amigo and Finns love child (though they're both males and fixed). I haven't been able to spend a whole lot of time with Amigo (they live in the next state over) but everything I have been told about him has been great.

Vicki

nickerbokker

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2005, 11:47:47 pm »
i didn't even know what an IW was...until i took cody to puppy school at 4 months old...and then i quickly learned.  my baby was like 12 lbs. lol, and then in walked BEAR, a 125lb IW, who was 6 months old.  he was a MONSTER....and i cuold not believe he was a puppy...i didnt know dogs ACTUALLY got that big lol.  he was SOOOOO sweet though, and i fell in love with him!  i have wanted one since.  and seeing these pix of finn make me want one more!  he is SOOOOOOOOO beautiful!  i love their faces LOL.

Offline mamadog

• Big Paw Certified
  • This is me and my Finn
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2005, 11:47:56 pm »
Thank you for the compliments on Finn....I'm very proud and love him sooo much! He is my handsome boy. I'll have some new pics soon, he's gotten a lot bigger. He's 7.5 months old now and weighs about 90lbs. He's 29 in at his withers. I used to be able to stand over his back, but now I have to get on my toes!   I don't think I will ever get another breed of dog. IW's really are too perfect!

Vicki

nickerbokker

« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2005, 11:50:15 pm »
i think they are an excellent choice myself!  i love that boy, AND CANNOT WAIT FOR MORE PICTURES!  IM SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2005, 10:29:16 pm »
I love IW!!  What great pics.  He's just a bit older than my dane pup.  I wouldn't mind getting an IW at some point.  The only thing holding me back would be their lifespan is not very long.  I guess you have to pack as much love as you can into their unfortunately not long enough lives.

Blair

« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2005, 10:33:19 pm »
He is very handsome. :)

Offline babs2Sully

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2005, 03:06:15 am »
ah Finn me boy-O.  He is gorgeous!! 

I know how you feel.  When you  meet an IW and let them into your heart.  There's not room for anything but more IW's!! 

Offline NoDogNow

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2005, 03:16:31 am »
So are you a ST: TOS fan, or is is just a co-incidence that your baby is named after the Irish cadet that spent all his time torturing Captain Kirk when he was at the Academy? 

Clearly, I watch far too much Star Trek for my own good  ;D

Sheryl, Dogless and sad