Author Topic: NC and SC get together  (Read 8130 times)

Offline nettrek4

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
    • Bonnie Collies
Re: NC and SC get together
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2005, 02:51:18 pm »
   Boone sounds great!   My husband has a small business over there, at Wilcox Emporium, and we can drive there in a little over an hour.  Which pet-friendly hotel were y'all talking about?
    Marcia P. and the Bonnie Collies

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2005, 07:55:20 pm »
Marcia, I really dont know, the mal's. mommy is the one knowing about a dog friendly hotel. I am sure she will tell us when she sees this lol.... It can be hard to find hotels that take dogs, and like I said, will be a tad bit hard to smuggle our big ones in.

Are you familiar with Boone??? Would you know a place where it would be great for the dogs to get together, and maybe something we all can do and bring our dogs I mean something other than just play  :D. I asked my husband if he has been in Boone, he said ohhh yes, you have been there too lol..... But when we spoke more about it, I realized that I was not really there, just passed through, we took a few turns wrong when we were going home from Hot Springs and passed there. But if it sounds good to you, thats great, I hope the doggies from Raleigh dont think it is too far to drive, mind you if we stay over night, it is not that bad.

By the way, the puppy on the pic, is adorable. Is that one of the big ones when puppy, or another one. And how many dogs do you have, and how many are you planning on bringing??

Talk to you all soon,

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog

Offline nettrek4

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
    • Bonnie Collies
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2005, 06:12:03 pm »
   The puppy in that photo is the daughter of the male dog,  Bonnie Prince William (Billy)(lying down) in the other photo and another female I have, Bonnie Annie Laurie II (Laurie), a tri-color.
    I have 8 collies right now, 2 are rescues, 4 adults of my own, and 2 of Laurie and Billy's pups from their first litter, age 6 mo.
    I will probably bring 3 adult collies to the get-together - is that enough?

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2005, 12:33:11 pm »
Yep.... that should do it lol..... 3 adults I mean!! I am planning to bring maybe only two, but if my oldest daughter is going, she will want to bring her Siberian Husky too, so it thats the case, we will bring three also. I am sorry for not getting back to you earlier, I have been totally out for a couple of days, have some kind of cold/flu, that knocked me cold out. The little bit of energy I have had, had to be used on all the "musts". you know make the two and fourlegged kids not starve and not plow the whole house down completely. Also my daughter is starting the End Of Grade Tests today, so she has been sitting in bed with me, so we could prepare her. They have three days of tests, today reading, tomorrow and thursday math. We are all going to be soooooo glad when that is over with for this time. She is nervous, and I for one have nooooo idea how people that homeschool their kids dont totally loose their minds lol..... It is amazing how she can have outstanding conduct in school and be the worst nightmare at home.

Anyway, what about you all in Raleigh??? Are you up for Boone or do you think that would be too far to drive??

Talk to you soon

Marit

dohertyswissy

« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2005, 02:51:49 pm »
Hello All!  Sorry I've been a little MIA here lately...thing s have been nuts at work!  I'm going crazy!!!   :o  Anyhow, Boone is quite a drive, but if there was a hotel that would accept the pups, then that would work.  Somehow I don't think I could smuggle Ranger in a suitcase... LOL... 67 lbs and only 5 1/2 months old!  Not sure I even have a bag big enough for him!  LOL.  I'll see if I can find any info lurking around... wish they had all this stuff in one spot!  Heather  :D

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2005, 03:16:10 pm »
 ??? Ohhhh I hate when this happens.... I just wrote a reply and when I hit "post" the page with "error can not find....." came up, when I try to go back, it is ofcourse not there anylonger. Soooo here I go again.

No it is hard to find, that kind of info. We have a OEM puppy, that I hope to make a therapy dog, I heard from people in that field that one of the perks, is that even hotels that usually dont take dogs, let you bring your therapy dog...... Good deal.....

And nope  ;D Would be kinda hard to smuggel them in, I can see the hopping bag, with feet and tail sticking out, and once in awhile talk a little lol.... So we better find a place where we can bring our babies in, and not be busted for having strange looking bags that make funny noices.

I'll see if I can find something too, and yes I agree, since it is quite a drive, it would be way better if we could stay for a night.

Marit