Author Topic: Help! Need place to live with my shep/human  (Read 11973 times)

Offline brat

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
Help! Need place to live with my shep/human
« on: April 22, 2005, 02:18:18 pm »
Hello:  Me and the 'kid' are looking for a place to rent in Vancouver Canada...  ::)  She is very cute...a mummy's girl....and we are both housebroken .....can anyone help please????????? ::) 8)

Offline brat

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
Re: Help! Need place to live with my shep/human
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2005, 02:20:41 pm »
ahem   :o  That IS rental of course  ...thats what we need   :-*  thank youuuuuuuuuuu

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2005, 02:22:35 pm »
 ;D Good Luck, I hope you find somewhere soon. I am in NC, so unfortunately I can't help you. Hubby and I own a couple of houses we rent out and it is too funny the way you say that both of you are housebroken lol....... I have to tell him that, next time we are getting new tenants, that we should ask if not only their dogs are potty trained but if they are too. hehe I bet they would love to rent after that.

Good Luck,

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog

Offline brat

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2005, 03:37:17 pm »
hi mastiffmommy:  thanks for the giggle from me and the bratdog (to know her is to love her.. ;)...if I could afford to leave town I would!  Ready for big change here...your comment tho reminded me of when I am out and about with my girl.. I LOVE to wear my "Beauty and the Beast" t shirt and yes..I DO tell people I am the beast and she is the beauty!! Interesting reactions - always.. ::) 

Bless you..

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2005, 08:35:37 pm »
Best of lLuck finding a place to move into. We live in an apartment too and luckily our place is beautiiful and rents to people with big dogs. In our complex alone we have 4 Great Danes, 2 Saint Bernards, 2 Mastiffs, 6 Rottweilers, 1 Great Pyrenees, a bunch of Retrievers and of course Bear's best friend- a black, super tall Standard Poodle.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2005, 10:13:18 am by jabear »
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2005, 11:54:57 pm »
LoL.... yes I do believe we are a special breed ourselves, having big dogs and have them as your family member is making a lot of people lookt at you funny.

But I think it is a bad situation, there are so many places where you can not rent if you have a dog. Having tenants myself, I can not understand why so many landlords say no to dogs. I mean you pay a deposit and should anything be totally messed up after a dog (or other pet for that matter) that is what the deposit is for. We have had people with dogs in our houses and unfortunatley you have some of them that make it hard for all the rest of us to be seen as responsible dog owners. Mind you most of them have been real good.

Hope you find something you and your baby like.

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog

Offline amajac

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2005, 01:02:38 pm »
I had rentals for years as well as managed rentals for others.  I am a dog and cat lover, always allowed dogs but found that there needed to be guidelines, not everyone is a responsible dog owner.  Cat were another story, you can not get cat smell out of anything, not even hardwood floors, so we were far more selective with cats. 

Dog we insisted that they had to have all there shots, must be fixed unless specifically a breeding dog, did not allow dogs to be tied, must provide shelter for any dog allowed outside.  We lived in Northern New York (Lake Placid) and the number of people who would put a dog out in the cold was unreal.  This did not eliminate all problems but the people who meet these criteria were in general dog lovers who cared for their animals.
Cheryl Hain
Amajac

Offline brat

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2005, 02:29:42 pm »
yes - I too have been a property manager.and I used to get soooooo mad....tenants would be moving out - I'd go to do pre move out inspectiuon and find scared and abandoned kitties crouched in an empty corner.... When I would challenge the "humans"??? "Oh we cant take animals where we are moving to.."  See me get mad or what.  >:(And the number of tenants who swore their furbabies were 'family' to just abandon them when it was inconvenient.. .and then.and then..those tenants who would expect me to show (and rent) out their apartments with cat *** and litter and smell from front door to back door.. Seen it all....and never ceases to amaze me.. Also saw in the paper here the other day...a dog was seized by the SPCA after neighbours called to say this big dog chained by an anvil to a rubber maid container..... what is wrong with us?????  Sorry - in a venting mood today as to how we treat our babies - who DO choose us and ask for so little in return......si gh.....and no lucy joy and me haven't found anywhere yet - but we keep the faith...off to hug my girllll...she IS a huggie baby..... :D

Offline Jaimie

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2005, 04:52:37 am »
Very good idea amajac about having those regulations for dog owners that rent from you, there are just too many dogs being mistreated and that is a good way to aid in the mistreatment of pets. Good job!!!!!

Offline k9rotehexe

• Gnawer
  • My bud Shakti and his pal Navi
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2005, 05:23:32 pm »
I can't help you in the looking department either, but I can give you a few tips.  When you fill out an application for a place attach a doggy resume to it.  I have one of file for my gsd.  It has his shot dates, his training back ground, it says he is learning to be a search and rescue dog, and small information that they know he is not obnoxious.  Might want to try that.
Marion......