Author Topic: Ang needs positive thoughts  (Read 17254 times)

Offline Moni

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
Re: Ang needs positive thoughts
« Reply #30 on: September 28, 2005, 09:31:43 pm »
Ang asked me to update ya'll this morning since she doesn't know when she'll get back on.  The Dr.  upped her appt to now, but she was able to get a hold of the place doing the interview and have them postpone it until 3pm today.  She's still not sure if they have to wire or put plates in.  The sucky part is she can't take any medicine or eat(drink?) anything because they don't know if she needs surgery or not.  :'(  Poor hun!

So lets keep those pos thoughts flowing and I'll let you know as soon as I find out anything.  *hugs*  take care hun!

~Moni
BPO does not have my permission to use my photos.

GR8DAME

« Reply #31 on: September 28, 2005, 09:53:49 pm »
Just caought this thread, I was home with a gall bladder attack and in bed all day yesterday and  hardly BPO'd at all. So sorry to hear of your mishap! I won't add any advise other than hurry and get well soon, Two and four-leggers here will send good vibes your way.
Stella

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 28, 2005, 10:09:39 pm »
Please let us know what happens with Ang at the doc's office!  I hope she doesn't need surgery..but the blackout thing IS scary! 

Millions of hugs, drools, kisses, hugs coming her way from the pups and I!!

Anakalia

« Reply #33 on: September 28, 2005, 10:11:19 pm »
*****Positive VIBES***** :-*

Andi

Offline Moni

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 28, 2005, 11:20:35 pm »
Sad news.  Ang jus called and the Dr said she has to get her jaw wired.  :(  They're doing  the surgery at 11:30 EST and I'm not sure when she's going to be home today.  The Dr  said she could go to boston and get plates, but he wanted to wire it.  So it seems like she'll have it for 10-14 days.  Poor hun!   :-[

Hoping you get well soon!!!  *hugs*
BPO does not have my permission to use my photos.

Offline Jessdryden

• Supreme Drooler
  • My girls
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 28, 2005, 11:24:32 pm »
Oh no!  We're all sending good thoughts your way! Get well soon!

dohertyswissy

« Reply #36 on: September 28, 2005, 11:29:08 pm »
Aww Ang!  What a day!!  The stars must have been misaligned or something yesterday.

Big Hugs and wishing for a speedy recovery!  Hang in there!

Icerotti

« Reply #37 on: September 28, 2005, 11:37:37 pm »
Poor Ang. Wishing you a fast recovery :)

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 29, 2005, 12:18:23 am »
I'm so sorry Ang!  Just think, though, of all the time you'll get to spend on BPO.  There's got to be a silver lining in there somewhere!!!

Get better fast, okay?!!!!

Offline Anky

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 29, 2005, 12:59:32 am »
Hi guys! :)  Hobo is like obsessed with my face right now he won't leave me alone.  The wires are gonna come off next Tuesday.  I called work and they're being awesome about the whole thing.  My face is still wicked numb so I don't know how well I'll be able to talk.  The Dr said I'll become a ventriloquist.  On the bright side, the average person looses about 20 pounds having their jaws wired shut!  That'll be nice!

Unfortunately I had to cancel the interview, because even if I made it through that, they wanted someone to start ASAP and I couldn't do if for at least 2 weeks. 

Att he Xrays tehy took at the Drs office you can see the break clearly.  It went all the way through, but no fragments or anything floating around.  They did knock me out (The nurses made fun of me because I pitche d a B when they put the tourniquet on and it pinched, but didn't flich or anything for the needle for the IV.)

Doctor is concerned (As well as my boss) that they didn't do a CAT scan or an MRI.  It's going to have to wait because with all this metal in my mouth I can't take one now anyways.  And to think I've only been out of braces a year! :P

Anf Araby's yelling at me because I'm not talking to her  >:(
« Last Edit: September 29, 2005, 01:05:07 am by Anky »
BPO's Official Mistress of Mirth

Charter Member of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club

"And you will know us by the trail of skank."

Anakalia

« Reply #40 on: September 29, 2005, 04:49:26 am »
Apparently I wasn't sending enough positive vibes you way!!  Dang it!  I'm so sorry you had to get "wired" .  I was really hoping it wasn't going to be that bad.  I hope you get lots of Milk Shakes!! YUMMY!
Get better soon,k?  I still love ya lots! :-*

Andi

Offline Anky

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 29, 2005, 04:50:41 am »
Jen,

You're too sweet!  I think that I love you right now :P  It sounds retarded but it's even hard to drink normal I need to invest in Flexi straws.  Carnation Instant breakfast is my friend.  And it isn't totally wired, It's not all the way around my mouth, just two wires on each side, right where my first molars start.  Feels like braces getting stuck on each other.  I was supposed to go straight hom but I'm supposed to help my friend buy puppy stuff, so I'm shilling at Matt's house even though the apin pills are at the Boonie house.  I'm slowly coming to regret my desicion.  I can't drive to go get them till tomorrow because I get wicked sensitive to Anesthesia, and especially with me blacking out so much, they don't want me to get behind the wheel of my truck. 

My boss is being awesome about the whole thing.  They sent me flowers, and he said if I can't come back to work we'll figure something out to help me out money wise.  So it's not too bad :)

Ang
BPO's Official Mistress of Mirth

Charter Member of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club

"And you will know us by the trail of skank."

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 29, 2005, 05:04:25 am »
Try to listen to the docs, okay?  Go home, take the pain pills, crawl in to bed and just rest.  Let the world take care of itself for a while!!  POOR YOU!  Don't worry about driving, shopping, even checking in with BPO!  Pain pills are good...you sleep and heal!  Wake up, instant breakfast, pain pill....sleep!  Okay....here's some "motherly advice"!!!  Pain pills, Vicodin, especially is constipating.. ..have someone get you a stool softner.  You don't need to add to your discomfort an any way.

Good thoughts and drools coming your way!!!

Offline Rocky's 'Rents

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 29, 2005, 05:19:27 am »
Ang - Man that sucks!!! I just read your post from last night where you told me where the break was in your jaw and I thought Uh-oh, maybe they will wire it! Well you will learn all kinds of inventive new milkshake flavors. Try to make sure you are getting lots of protein to help the healing, the Carnation instant bkfst is a great idea.  Do you have to carry the wire cutters? Hope you feel better. :(

Offline Good Hope

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 29, 2005, 06:04:56 am »
Sorry to hear about your accident. (And I thought I was having a bad day when my mare colliced!) You do need a CT, your consectutive blackouts are not normal or constistent with what you describe. Having the wires is not a reason to not have a CT. You need to follow up with that. Also, Vicodin is primarily for pain, but does help in reducing swelling. I hope he/she gave you something for the inflamation too. Get some rest and keep spending time on BPO. ;)

Ensure, fruit juice and soups (bouillabaisse, broths or bisques) are also great options when you have limited opening. So create a new soup that tastes great, market it and make millions...the n you can forget the job interview! ;D

Deena