Author Topic: How To Get Rid Of Hickies  (Read 14365 times)

Offline dober_gurl

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
How To Get Rid Of Hickies
« on: September 28, 2005, 08:33:55 am »
Nope I don't have one my friend does and she wants to know how to get rid of it! You guys went through your teen years what is your advice *laughing at my friend right now* ;D
"None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed"

Maggie-Doberman
Molly-Papillon
Mickey-Mutt
Collin-Kitty
Sunny-Amazon Parrot
Squishy-Guinea Pig
Harper/Lyric-Rats

Offline Anky

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Re: How To Get Rid Of Hickies
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2005, 08:40:43 am »
I never got rid of hickies or tried to hide them.  I'd make up stories about how they happened.  Stuff like "I wasn't feeling good and my friend tried cupping on me" or my personal favorite, I had an ENORMOUS hickie, I swear to God it went from below my ear to my throat on my right side.  Matt of course thought this was hyesterical, and i got absolutely no sympathy from him.  Racking my brain how to explain it I came up with a story that I hit a cat and that I slammed my brakes and the seat belt left the mark (Forget that the mark was on the wrong side....)  I was so distraught about "Hitting the cat" that my mom was too busy consoling me to worry about the bruise.  My dad knew and he just rolled his eyes.  Anytime I came come late after that he was like "Hit any cats lately?"

MAKE SURE SHE DOESN"T LOOK LIKE SHE'S TRYING TOO HARD!  Nothing tips off a hickie like turtle necks in August, or when your neck is flaking off from caked on cover up.
BPO's Official Mistress of Mirth

Charter Member of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club

"And you will know us by the trail of skank."

Offline brigid67

• BPO Guru
  • Dream And Desire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2005, 08:48:38 am »
well when I was a teenager we did cold sppons...lol not sure it ever worked.  Might try Arnica.  Can get it in a health food store.  Helps with bruising

Offline Rocky's 'Rents

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2005, 09:11:09 am »
Try leeches!!! The old hollywood actresses used them to get rid of bruises when they got smacked around :o  Once when I was in college (a hundred years ago) there was this really sweet guy in our dorm that was a virgin and born again Christian. He was going home to see his girlfriend for the 1st time in months. My evil friends and I tackled him and proceeded to give him "hickies" all over his neck - like 10 or more of them!!! We were so bad!!!! He went home and told her that the swim team he was on did it as a kind of hazing thing!!! ::)

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2005, 09:41:49 am »
I've heard toothpaste is supposed to help somewhat.  Just use a toothbrush and brush the toothpaste over the hickey.

Not that I've tried it myself, but I read this somewhere.   ::)

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2005, 11:06:17 am »
I never got rid of hickies or tried to hide them.  I'd make up stories about how they happened.  Stuff like "I wasn't feeling good and my friend tried cupping on me" or my personal favorite, I had an ENORMOUS hickie, I swear to God it went from below my ear to my throat on my right side.  Matt of course thought this was hyesterical, and i got absolutely no sympathy from him.  Racking my brain how to explain it I came up with a story that I hit a cat and that I slammed my brakes and the seat belt left the mark (Forget that the mark was on the wrong side....)  I was so distraught about "Hitting the cat" that my mom was too busy consoling me to worry about the bruise.  My dad knew and he just rolled his eyes.  Anytime I came come late after that he was like "Hit any cats lately?"

MAKE SURE SHE DOESN"T LOOK LIKE SHE'S TRYING TOO HARD!  Nothing tips off a hickie like turtle necks in August, or when your neck is flaking off from caked on cover up.
You forgot the old standard curling iron burn lie...lol!

Offline Tulsas' Dad

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2005, 07:28:37 am »
It's been so long since I've had a Hickie,
I've forgotten who gets tied up!
John
The scientific name for an animal that doesn't either run from or fight its enemies, is Lunch.--Michael Friedman

Offline PupDaddy

• Paw-meister
  • Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2005, 08:26:49 am »
Jeeze! It sound like I'm back at high school!

Offline Jen and Rick

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2005, 01:29:10 pm »
You forgot the old standard curling iron burn lie...lol!

That darn curling iron got me out what could have been many nights of being grounded!!!

Vitamin K is good to reduce bruising (as well as nasty undereye cirles).  It pulls the blood away from the surface of the skin.  You can get it in oral capsuls or an ointment at GNC, or any health food store.

ROFL!! One time I had a gen-u-ine curling iron burn.  No kidding it was.  (Hey, it was the 80's!) Someone asked what had happened, and I said a curling iron.  I  got the "yeah, uh-huh"  look hehe.

Offline 2Criminals

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2007, 04:21:01 am »
Try the drug store, you can get concealer with green or yellow undertones, green gets rid of red and yellow gets rid of blue so depending on how bad the hickey is... I would run with the "it's a joke" story ;)

Offline Tspanos

• Big Paws-a-holic
  • Tim
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2007, 07:01:00 pm »
Try leeches!!! The old hollywood actresses used them to get rid of bruises when they got smacked around :o  Once when I was in college (a hundred years ago) there was this really sweet guy in our dorm that was a virgin and born again Christian. He was going home to see his girlfriend for the 1st time in months. My evil friends and I tackled him and proceeded to give him "hickies" all over his neck - like 10 or more of them!!! We were so bad!!!! He went home and told her that the swim team he was on did it as a kind of hazing thing!!! ::)
Horrible!!!!

Offline RMSChloe

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2007, 09:19:48 am »
ugh, i never tried to hide them... my problem was not that it was THAT heated...i just bruise REALLY easy lol. my boyfriend stays away from my neck now because he just looks at it and i get one.
Shes not a dog... shes a Great Dane!

Offline mynameislola

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2007, 09:47:23 am »
Didn't everyone's Mama inform them that hickies are caused by rupturing blood vessels which can cause clots that can go to your lungs or brains and make you die?  They do not, however, cause cancer.

Thanks, Mom.
The canine kids:
     Cody Newfoundland
     Wally Italian Mastiff
     Zita Italian Mastiff
     Sparky Chihuahua

Offline shine

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2007, 06:28:03 am »
I heard that toothpaste works, too.  I never tried it....I just put concealer on my neck and tried to stay out of my parents' direct line of sight for a few days, lol!!

I was scrolling through the forum when I saw this subject line, and I immediately started laughing and jerked my mouse and scrolled back up to it....it's been a loooooooooooon g time since I've talked about hickies!! LOL!!
Sharing my life and love with
Bodhi - Newfoundland
Rio - Loyal Lab/Beagle Mix
Zildjian - Dalmatian
Dolly - Weird Hound Mix
Stubby - Weird Corgi Mix
Ribbit - Grumpy Cocker Mix
House Cats - Bump, Delilah, Stashe, Mischa, Moose
Barn Cats - Archie, Betty, Midge
The Pigs - Ginger & Marianne