Author Topic: Canine Leptospirosis  (Read 2313 times)

GR8DAME

Canine Leptospirosis
« on: September 29, 2005, 12:46:51 am »
Have any of you heard about a new strain of very nasty Leptospirosis that is currently very prevelent in Illinois? A freind of mines vet told her about it , and at the same time pushed her to get a new vaccine that is effective against four different strains instead of the standard two strains. I know that the opinions here vary between all vaccines are evil to vaccinnate no matter what, and I'm looking for all opinoins I can get.
Thanks in advance, Stella

BabsT

Re: Canine Leptospirosis
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2005, 01:13:59 am »
I am not against vaccines but I do know even told by my vet that it harsher than most vaccines...

I think it depends on how often is your dog in yucky water or non regulated lake water...ask your vet how many dogs have contacted the disease in your area and compare it to last year

I do know that the lake where my dog swims needs to be tested twice a year by the people that have cottages on it...it is also a private lake

Offline GreatDanz

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • Truly Great Danes!
    • View Profile
    • Mickey's Gold Bead Adventure
Re: Canine Leptospirosis
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2005, 01:19:35 am »
Do some research before you give this vaccine, it can have some really nasty side effects.
-Ericka

Try and penetrate with our limited means the secrets of nature and you will find that, behind all the discernible concatenations, there remains something subtle, intangible and inexplicable.  Veneration for this force beyond anything that we can comprehend is my religion. -Albert Einstein