Author Topic: Zoey's being boarded for the first time this weekend  (Read 5587 times)

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
Zoey's being boarded for the first time this weekend
« on: September 29, 2005, 04:58:24 am »
We're going away for the weekend and boarding zoey at a doggiedaycare/boarding facility. She has been there for daycare before so I trust them and everything, but I'm still nervous about it  since she's never been boarded before :-[

I just finished packing her 'overnight bag' with all her meals, supplements, treats, a few toys for her crate, and a cushion for the crate. We're not dropping her off until tommorow, and it's only for three nights, but I'm still nervous and sad about leaving her alone (even though she'll have a ton of other dogs to play with during the day).

I worry too much, huh?
RIP former BPO

Offline dufus

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
Re: Zoey's being boarded for the first time this weekend
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2005, 05:23:43 am »
I felt the same way when i first boarded Day-z.

But it was fine, they loved her, she loved them and when i peered in to see what was happening i saw my big baby chasing and being chased by tiny dogs.

She slept solidly when she came back that is for sure.

Oh, and it is normal to talk about the dog constantly while you are away, so don't worry.

Have a great time.

Jill and Day-z
« Last Edit: September 29, 2005, 05:24:11 am by dufus »

Offline Tulsas' Dad

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2005, 05:30:59 am »
I boarded Tulsa in July.
It was the first time we had been seperated in 2 and 1/2 years!
I arranged for a friend who knows Tulsa real well to visit her, and told the kennel that she could be taken out by my friend.
It did a lot for my Peace of Mind to know that she was visited and loved on by someone she knew.
John
The scientific name for an animal that doesn't either run from or fight its enemies, is Lunch.--Michael Friedman

Offline dgodden5459

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2005, 07:54:56 am »
Gretchen will be boarded at the vet's office next week also. We are going to son's wedding in Nebraska. While she is there she will be spayed. We feel comfortable leaving her with our vet, she's a really nice lady even though she called Gretch a mini rott. But she gives kisses and hugs to all her patients which I thought was nice.
Deb

Gretchen the Rottie
Buttons the LLhasa
Macie who knows?

Offline Tulsas' Dad

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2005, 11:17:01 am »
Lottsa Hugs Gretchen!
You'll be a better dog for it,
Don't be mad at Mommy and  Daddy.
O.K.
The scientific name for an animal that doesn't either run from or fight its enemies, is Lunch.--Michael Friedman

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2005, 12:46:28 pm »
We're going away for the weekend and boarding zoey at a doggiedaycare/boarding facility. She has been there for daycare before so I trust them and everything, but I'm still nervous about it  since she's never been boarded before :-[

I just finished packing her 'overnight bag' with all her meals, supplements, treats, a few toys for her crate, and a cushion for the crate. We're not dropping her off until tommorow, and it's only for three nights, but I'm still nervous and sad about leaving her alone (even though she'll have a ton of other dogs to play with during the day).

I worry too much, huh?
Nope, It's very hard...Please include a shirt, blanket, soft jacket that you have worn & has your smell on it...That will help her relax. :)

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2005, 01:01:03 pm »
Poor Zoey. I feel bad for her and am sure that she is going to miss her mommy & daddy so much. Pack the things that Gypsy sugegested because they will make her feel better. Hopefully she will meet some great friends there so that she can stay busy and not worry about missing you.  ;D
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2005, 09:44:43 am »
OK, we are back from our weekend away and zoey is home with us now. We had a great time in NYC and Zoey had a nice time too. They let the dogs run and play together in the daytime, and zoey had a little too much fun and overexerted herself, so she's kinda sore now. But other than that she did great - she ran and played and didn't whine once about being in her crate. I know that she missed us because she was SO happy to see us, but I also know that she had fun and was comfortable. I am so glad that we had already taken her to daycare there, cause she ran straight in with tail wagging when we got there and I think it really helped her feel comfortable.

RIP former BPO

Kiahpyr

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2005, 11:04:36 am »
I'm happy to hear your trip was great and Zoey did very well.

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2005, 11:41:37 am »
I am so glad that Zoey had a great time! I was worried about her too but am so glad that everything worked out!!
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline Jessdryden

• Supreme Drooler
  • My girls
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2005, 11:41:38 am »
I'm so glad to hear you all had a nice weekend!  It sounds like Zoey did really well!  :)

Offline tonyc

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2005, 04:11:04 am »
ugh.. i may hv to board Nikki for 5 days during Thnxgiving at the kennel as I'm having a hard time finding someone who'd take her in for 5 days... i'm really REALLY not looking forward to this as she's still puppy-ish and just got re-house trained at our new apt :( :( :(

Offline Newf Lover

• BPO Fanatic
  • Cool dog + Cold beer = Chilled Out
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ryanbrumley.com
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2005, 06:04:27 am »
Glad to hear things worked out for Zoey and her first Kennel experience.  Drake's first experience was horrible and we still feel bad taking him to that kennel.  It was a cold, unloving place and Drake, SURPRISE! SURPRISE!  got Kennel Cough.  We swore we would never take him there ever again.  So, we did our homework and investigated all of the Kennels in the Bay Area.  We came across this place and it was amazing.  The owners are retired firefighters who came into some money and created this place out in the countryside.  It is a Doggy Country Club basically and it is only about $15 more a day than most kennels.  Drake has never gotten sick there and gets really excited when we drop him off.  It is a great experience for him and it gives us peace of mind that he is being so well taken care of.  Check out their site, it's worth seeing and I really encourage anybody who is planning to kennel their dog to do their homework way ahead of time.  There's probably a place like this near you! 

http://www.tappenhill.com/
My Newfoundland Lives My Life As Passionately As I Live His.