Author Topic: Judges BOO BOO  (Read 8235 times)

Offline coonie1970

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
Judges BOO BOO
« on: September 29, 2005, 09:49:38 am »
I am wondering if anyone knows if Judges back end should be this swollen. He was neutered on Tuesday and I took these pics today. I posted these pics on another thread but thought Id post them again to see what you thought.
Coonie
Karen :) Image hosting by Photobucket

Nicole

Re: Judges BOO BOO
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2005, 09:52:03 am »
YIKES!

That seems like excessive swelling to me! Poor Judgie! Is he on pain meds? Have you spoke with the vet that did the surgery?

Offline coonie1970

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2005, 09:58:33 am »
He isnt on anything. Im starting to feel really bad now. Is there anything that I can give him???? Since they told me it would be swolen for a few days I figured it was normal.  :'(
Coonie

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2005, 10:03:16 am »
Sugar Bear was swollen for about 3 days.  The swelling was about the same size at what was removed. Poor Judge, I think he need some special treats and lots of extra hugs.
Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2005, 10:05:10 am »
I think it would be safe for Judge to have a couple of baby asprin...Make sure it's ASPRIN only...No Tylenol, Motrin, Ibupropen etc...Call your vet tomorrow & see if they can give him something for the swelling & soreness...I have been thinking about it tonight & that does look excessivly sore & swollen...Let us know what the vet says..k? :)

Nicole

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2005, 10:06:20 am »
Yeah, an aspirin is fine for him. My sister-in-law's yellow lab is on an aspirin a day cuz he's got such bad joints.

BabsT

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2005, 10:07:16 am »
OH POOR MUFFIN!!!  I hope he feels better...aspri n is fine...the rule of thumb is aspirin 5 mg per lb every 12 hrs (1 325mg tablet per 65lb dog per 12 hrs)

Give him a hug for me

GR8DAME

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2005, 10:30:06 am »
Poor judge, that looks really painful. As far as the aspirin goes, I wonder if it has the same blood thinning effect on dogs that it has on people. If it does I would hesitate to give it to my dog post-op. I would try a cool wet washcloth and try and get the swelling down, and a trip to the emergency vet if he were my dog. Just food for thought and my opinion.
Stella

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2005, 12:56:33 pm »
Oh gosh! That looks terribly uncomfortable. I hope that the swelling goes away soon. I'll pray for you as I am sure that you are sick to your stomach with anguish over your little boy. Nothing is worse than seeing your kiddo in pain and not being able to so anything about it. :(
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Blair

« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2005, 01:03:03 pm »
Poor Judge, that looks very painful. It never hurts to go to your vet and see what they say. maybe they can even give him something for the discomfort. I hope he is painless and feeling better soon

Offline jules

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2005, 01:05:01 pm »
OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!

nickerbokker

« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2005, 02:25:01 pm »
HOLY $^&*!!!!!!!

angus was a wee bit swollen, but i'm talking like his old "cherries" were there, not like he grew softballs overnight!

poor baby!  that sucks!

angus was on pain meds for a whole week after he had the chop chop.....and even with meds and a little sack, he tried to bite me when i tried to put the icepack on his nads.  i can't imagine what that feels like for poor judge!

Offline brigid67

• BPO Guru
  • Dream And Desire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2005, 03:01:31 pm »
hmmmm...that looks sore.  Seems like a lot of swelling and redness.  I would say let the vet know if it gets bigger.  Wouldn't want a hematoma.

Offline coonie1970

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2005, 09:55:21 pm »
Thanks guys.
We have BLACK balls this morning but the swelling isnt any better. I think they may be a bit bigger. My poor baby. Im off to the vet and will let you know as soon as we get back. Im hopeing he is ok. It just worries me cause he had so much trouble with his hot spots in the spring and Im wondering if he has the proper antibodies to fight infection. Im kinda pssd at the vet now cause she knows about the problems he had. OH I better not get worked up yet. Maybe its all OK.
Coonie

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2005, 11:14:06 pm »
By all means PLEASE let us know what's happening with poor Judge!   I can't imagine what's gone wrong!  I've never seen anything like that!!