Author Topic: Read This  (Read 2198 times)

Offline Legends & Sassy

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • Don't Forget To Hug Your Furbaby Today & Everyday
    • View Profile
Read This
« on: September 29, 2005, 10:33:18 pm »
:( :(Crawfordsville First-Grader in Stable Condition after Pit Bull Attack  :( :(

Authorities say a Crawfordsville first-grader is in stable condition after being attacked by three pit bulls. It happened Thursday as student John Masricks got off a school bus. The bus driver tried to pull the boy free from the dogs. Animal Welfare League of Montgomery County seized two of the dogs at a neighbor's house later in the day. :(

This town is about 30 minutes South of me
                                                                      Legends

Don't Forget To Hug Your Furbabies Today & Everyday

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
Re: Read This
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2005, 11:38:06 pm »
Poor baby. I hope that the little child is going to heal alright.  :( Stories like that  make me sick. Where was the owner during the attack???  >:(
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline Moni

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2005, 12:14:44 am »
That is so sad, I hope that the little boy is going to be ok.   :'(

Stupid irresponsible pet owners.  Everytime something like this happens is another point against the rest of us and more footing for BSL laws in the publics eyes.   :(
BPO does not have my permission to use my photos.

Offline Legends & Sassy

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • Don't Forget To Hug Your Furbaby Today & Everyday
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2005, 10:26:32 am »
This is an update
Crawfordsville First-Grader in Stable Condition after Pit Bull Attack
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Updated 9/30/2005 at 20:49:47
Three pit bulls that attacked a Montgomery County first grader are under quarantine. John Masarick III was attacked as he got off a school bus Thursday. Police say his injuries were not believed to be life-threatening. The dogs were seized by the Animal Welfare League of Montgomery County. The league cited the dogs' owner for not having proper vaccinations.
Bus driver Brenda Stumph freed the boy from the dogs' grip and kicked one of the animals to keep it from entering the bus.
"I picked up the boy like this and we're running and the dogs jumping up and grabbing hold of the kids belly," said Stumph. "I'm trying to run back to the bus and they're nipping at me and they're just out for blood."
The dogs' owner refused to talk, but had previously told the Animal Welfare League that children had been throwing objects at his dogs and bothering them recently. He faces three additional citations for failure to restrain his animals.
The male dog is expected to be destroyed and checked for rabies. Officials will decide if the female dog will also be put down after the quarantine period. John Masarick is a student at Sugar Creek Elementary School. He is expected to make a full recovery.

Anakalia

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2005, 11:38:46 am »
OMG!!  That is so sad!  Whenever something like that happens to a small child I instantly have visions of the same thing happening to my 5yr old and it just sickens me!  I hope that owner get's what coming to him, why in the heck would you have your dogs roaming free like that?   >:(

Andi

Offline brigid67

• BPO Guru
  • Dream And Desire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2005, 12:20:59 pm »
That is very bad - I hope that boy will be ok.  We tons of kids with dog bites in the ER and we aren't even a pediatric emerency room.  It is one of the most common injuries to children.  That and not having kids in car seats.