Author Topic: 120/80? I Think Not! (Funny)  (Read 6361 times)

Offline GrumpyBunny

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
Re: 120/80? I Think Not! (Funny)
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2005, 04:11:15 am »
Yeah, I am definitely getting my doctor to prescribe the cake for breakfast diet!  Unless there is a diet that also says you can have it for lunch and dinner too!   ;D

For a non-healthy person, I try to be relatively healthy.  I do get at least some exercise (well, dog-walking), and I don't really eat much salt and all that.  I admit that I am "pleasingly rounded", but I have always been so, to some degree or another without my blood pressure freaking out.  Besides, I am pretty sure that I lost about 125 lbs. walking around San Francisco on my recent business trip!   :D

I really think that this is caused by stress.  Can that happen?  Without going into too many details, I have had and continue to have a lot of stress in my life over the past few years.  I know, big deal, we all have stress.  But I am feeling like lately it is really starting to add up and I am getting less effective at dealing with it.  Normally I think of myself as a pretty easy-going, happy-go-lucky person (well, as much as you can be while being bitter and sarcastic at the same time!), and my blood pressure has always been on the low side, but lately I just feel like there is always SOMETHING that I am worried or stressed about.  Even stupid little things that normally wouldn't bug me.  You wouldn't know it necessarily to look at me, but it goes on inside.  I do know that changing jobs would probably reduce my blood pressure a ton, and I am working on that.  Does anyone know of job evaluating the way various types of underwear fit the male cast of Lost???

(BTW, speaking of stress....  Not one, but TWO, giant horseflys have somehow gotten into my house, and it is freaking Ranger out!  He apparently wants me to do something about it, but I feel like getting up off the couch and chasing through the house with a flyswatter is just, really bad for my blood pressure.   :)  I wonder how his is right now?  Maybe I should take him down to the drugstore, shove his leg through the pressure cuff and let the blood pressure machine announce HIS weight to everyone!)
*Founder of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club*

Anakalia

« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2005, 04:27:08 am »
HAHAHAA!!  Grumpy you're too funny.  For some reason I don't think Ranger would care if you announced his wieght to everyone, I think that's just a girl thing! lol 

Now I hate lecturing people so I'm going to call it a caring little chat.... try to do everything you can to get the BP down without getting on any kind of nasty perscription drugs, please please please.  I say this because my mom has high blood pressure and the drugs the Dr. perscribed to her are actually making her sicker, now she's having issues with her liver.  I'm trying desperately to get her on herbal supplements that work and have NO side effects but her Dr. is a jerk and he doesn't want her to switch he just keeps prescribing more drugs onto what's she's already taking! 

I'm going to look around to see if I can find a job opening for what you have requested.  Who know's if I find such a job I might apply for that too! hehee  Take it easy at your current job until I can find something having to do with evaluating the undies of the LOST guys!  Oh and do yourself a favor and get a super hot guy to give you a message, with fragrant oils of course!

Andi

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2005, 05:59:30 am »
Poor Grumpy!!

High BP can absolutely be caused by increased stress.  If you have a type A personality you can almost guarantee high blood pressure if you aren't doing some kind of relaxation exercises.

I agree if you can get it lowered w/o taking drugs, that would be the best thing.  Hubby has high blood pressure and high cholesterol (just recently diagnosed) and is on meds for them, and he hates taking pills. (men are such babies)  I know this might be an odd request, but have you ever considered yoga?  Or even meditation.  Personally, I dont' do either, but I have heard they really help you relax, and if your high BP is caused by stress, it may help.

Or you could just go and get a full body massage from one of the LOST boys.   ::)  ::)

Offline GrumpyBunny

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2005, 06:19:31 am »
Or you could just go and get a full body massage from one of the LOST boys.   ::)  ::)

This is the best idea I have heard all day!  Somebody have my people call their people....   ;D

I already got picked on by Nicole for living in California and not doing yoga - in fact I think the state may revoke my citizenship!  I was already on their to-be-watched list for not being blonde... 

Actually, I am kind of interested in yoga, and there are certainly enough classes around.  Looks like it is time to do some research....
« Last Edit: October 01, 2005, 06:20:10 am by grumpybunny »
*Founder of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club*

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2005, 06:39:40 am »
Yeah, I was really pushed to try yoga when we first moved to CA.  It's almost like a cult following.   :o  But I was told it would really help with my back problems.  I doubt it b/c my back is actually out of place horribly, and I'm pretty sure they don't do adjustments in yoga class.   :P

I am interested in it though, I just don't have the money.  It all goes to the dogs.   :-\

Kiahpyr

« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2005, 10:28:21 am »
That's funny that Ranger is freaking out about the flies. Kiah would just eat them. Stress is a big cause in high bp. Try to take it easy. If you have it use some vacation time. It helps to get away.